Cell: 204 -799 - 4743
• Flexible; organized, self-motivation, accurate, dependable, person with 3 years of experience in supervisory position and in carrying out administrative duties such as recruitment, new hire orientation and onboarding
• Excellent customer service skills; for on -boarding, safety training and development, organizing and managing electronic and hard copy filing systems; have knowledge of programme and policy development;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; works well as part of a team or with minimum supervision; proven problem-solving abilities; eagerness to learn and determination to succeed.
• Able; to maintain strict confidentiality, excellent oral and written communication. Ability to budget and handle finances.
• Emotional intelligence and IT literacy; Knowledge of using Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
2015- (Expected graduation June 2019): Bachelor of Arts Degree in Labour Studies and a Minor in Human Resources Management/ Industrial Relations with University of Manitoba.
Relevant Coursework: Labour and employment Relations, Staffing and Management Development, Labour Law, Issues in Occupational Health and Safety Workers’ Compensation, Management Decision Making, Human rights at Work, Pension and Benefits and Human resources Management.
2013: Grade 12 Diploma: History, Sociology and Divinity
Banquet Supervisor, Assiniboine Park Conservancy: August 2015- Current
Managing 5 – 10 banquet staff in serving guests during banquet functions
Support management in recruiting, training and coaching banquet staff
Delegate event details to other staff members
Ensure that staff have clean uniform and meet the professional appearance
Write a detailed report to my managers after every shift informing them about the event
Coordinate with client and ensure customer satisfaction during the event
Solve problems, make effective decision and advocating for workers rights
Handle the tasks of inspecting banquet areas at the end of function to ensure that all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean
Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements such as pre-function menu selections, appearance, major ingredients, texture, and methods of proper food and beverage service
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and ensuring workplace health and safety principles and practises are followed
Concession Supervisor, Bell MTS (Centerplate): January 2018- June 2018
Managed cash handling procedures and company policies of stand workers making sure they are followed properly
Trained cashiers on how to use the cash registers
Completed administrative paperwork as required
Interacted with customers to resolve problems
Scheduled breaks for stand staff
Ensured that staff followed proper preparation, portioning and serving of food and beverage items in compliance with company standards
Verified inventory prior to and following an event in the assigned stand
Ensured that stands are ready and operating efficiently, all points of sales are in use and
employees are in proper uniforms
Ensured proper controls of inventory, cash, food, set up, clean up and compliance with
Receptionist, Gardewine: May – September 2017
Handled delicate situations, such as – customer requests, special needs and complaints
Handled general requests for information and data
Answered general questions about the company, such as hiring dates, vacancies available, freights routes etc.
Answered, screened and directed inbound phone calls
Received and assisted clients to go to correct destinations; offices, rooms or meeting rooms
Received and sorted email and electronic deliveries
Accepted letters and packages delivered to the front desk and distributed to appropriate staff
Coordinate maintenance of the front desk reception area equipment, furniture, lighting, applications and brochures
University of Manitoba Rotary Club: September 2018- Current
Assist in planning for fund raising events
Assist to set up and clean up for events e.g. Rib festival
Food drive whereby we collect food and give to the needy