Jasper A. Gunn
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
901-***-**** / **********@*****.***
To obtain a position with an organization that utilizes management, and basic research skills conducive to my previous experience as a manager and researcher. I have High energy, dependable, loyal and professional with a total of 4 years of administrative experience known for an ability to learn quickly and interact well with people. Further I excel in challenging environments in addition to a commitment to quality and excellence. I can communicate and adapt effectively across all levels of the organization.
Bachelor of Science, Business Management May 2006
Crichton College Memphis, Tennessee
Associate Applied Science, Paralegal Studies May 2002
Southwest Tennessee Community College Memphis, Tennessee
Document Specialist November 2007 to August 2008
Document Technology/ Wyatt Tarrant & Combs Law LLP
Assist with the preparation of motions, pleadings and other related legal documents for filing with the local court system. Monitor and ensure accurate documentation and tracking of daily logs and calendar systems. Assist in preparation of trial notebooks and compile materials from the discovery process. Compile and maintain logs on scanned documents through manual and electronic filing systems. Perform other related legal assistance as needed.
Compliance Officer June 2005 to June 2007
First Tennessee Bank
Research customer accounts to determine if they meet OCC high-risk industry standards.
Determine whether new customers are potential participants in money laundering and terrorist activities. Research and report suspicious accounts to the SAR- Unit, Communicate and collaborate with account officers to fulfill these requirements. If unable to collect due diligence, proceed with account closure and refer to SAR- Unit.
I was also responsible for implementation, and maintenance of all compliance programs for the paying and receiving and retail operations of the Bank, and the lending operations of the Bank, including the Community Reinvestment Act program. I assist in providing technical support, and interpretation and dissemination of information. Position is also responsible for assisting with the Bank’s safety and security program to safeguards the internal and external security of the Bank including electronic data.
Legal Researcher March 2002 to April 2005
First American Registry Rockville, Maryland
Compiled Judgment findings from criminal background investigations and forcible entry detained cases located in General Sessions Court (Criminal and Civil). Reported findings in brief format (via) electronic messaging to home office located in Rockville, Maryland. Other duties involved reviewing, evaluating and analyzing briefs, petitions, motions and other pertinent documents filed in criminal felony cases. Conducting legal research and performing other related duties as needed.
Office Manager February 2000 to February 2002
Youth Villages Memphis, Tennessee
I managed department budgets, compiled statistical records for company clients, collaborated with teams regarding adolescent behavioral issues. Supervised general Administration duties such as the followings:
• Coordinate and manage the daily office needs
• Collaborates with various team members and departments in preparing special projects
• Handle confidential material relevant to company operations
• Coordination of the recruiting process and new hire training schedule
Office Skills I provide include:
• Excellent knowledge of administrative practices and procedures
• Knowledge of contracts administration
• Software industry knowledge and experience desirable
• Multi-task oriented with desire to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong decision making and critical reasoning skills
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Professional appearance and attitude
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook; ability to use on daily basis with ease
Member, Greater Memphis Paralegal Alliance Incorporated Memphis, Tennessee
CASA Member, Shelby County Juvenile Court Memphis, Tennessee