Kennewick, WA *****
HUMAN RESOURCES LEADER
Energetic and creative high profile human resources leader offering effective blend of experience with privately held and publicly traded companies in high technology, biotechnology and entertainment industries. Demonstrated ability to attract and retain great people and develop human resources strategies directly linked to business goals. Thorough working knowledge of all HR disciplines. Collaborative, customer-oriented approach coupled with results-driven work ethic.
• Experience in all aspects of recruiting (interviewing, job posting, resume tracking & hiring )
• Partnered with managers and executives to develop effective recruiting strategies
• Created new hire orientation process (including all legal compliance documentation)
• Developed budget driven staffing plans and headcount reporting process
• Job assessment and job description development
• Researched and implemented a full benefits package (medical, dental, life, EAP and 401k)
• Negotiation, management and administration of all benefits programs including medical, dental, life, EAP, ESPP, stock options, FSA, LTD/STD, and 401(k)
• Managed HR compliance processes (FMLA / leaves, H1-B Visa, COBRA & Workers Compensation)
• Organized company events including employee appreciation and wellness programs
• Created reporting process to facilitate FSA & 401(k) plan testing & audits
• Developed various training programs based on needs analysis
• Implemented online safety training program (OSHA compliance) for 250 employees
• Facilitated training programs including harassment awareness / prevention & Targeted Selection
• Created and implemented employee performance assessments, coaching and development strategies
• Over 10 years of progressive, varied business roles managing people and process
• Implemented a successful college internship program hosting 16 – 20 interns per semester
• Organizational Development analysis and strategy experience
• Supervised staff of 20 (including performance review process & employee relations)
• Knowledge of federal, state, local laws pertaining to standard HR practices
• Employee Relations experience including investigation, progressive discipline & resolution process
• HRIS & Payroll systems implementation, admin. & reporting – SAP / ADP / Ceridian Source 550
• Created state and federal compliant Employee Handbook (including policies and procedures)
• Developed and implemented employee evaluation process (including rating/ranking systems)
• Implemented ERC (electronic employee resource center / company intranet)
• Responsible for filing EEO reporting for FCC license compliance
• Production of time sensitive reports (SEC reports / filing)
• Compensation analysis using various reporting tools
• Union contract experience (NABET, DGA & AFTRA)
• HRIS and SOX compliance experience
4/07 - Present Mediazone.com, Inc (A division of NASPERS) – HR Director
An Internet media provider specializing in sports and culture channels. This San Carlos based company has 130 employees. As part of the Executive Team, and reporting to the CEO, my responsibilities include employee relations & coaching,, developing and facilitating training programs, budget forecasting, benefit analysis and renewals, performance management, recruiting & hiring, developing policies and procedures.
12/03 – 4/07 KGO Television, Inc. / ABC 7 (Disney) - HR Manager
A Broadcasting Television Company in San Francisco with 250 employees. Responsibilities include managing payroll, employee relations (working with three unions), developing and facilitating training programs, implemented a year-round college internship program, budget forecasting and working with the Disney SAP - HRIS system, reporting to the President / GM.
5/01 – 11/03 BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. - HR Manager
A Biotech / Pharmaceutical Company in Novato, CA with 280 employees. First product FDA approval 4/03 Protein enzyme therapy to treat MPS I (Aldurazyme). Several other products in various clinical study stages. Responsible for hiring, benefits, employee relations and HRIS systems implementation.
4/00 - 2/01 Imind Education Systems, Inc. - HR Manager (company closed)
An Internet education portal to assist public schools with lesson plans, student testing, improvement guidelines and student tracking. Based in Corte Madera CA with 75 employees. Responsible for setting up the HR infrastructure (including recruiting & hiring, training & development, compensation & benefits etc.)
6/98 - 4/00 Madison Marquette - Property Manager / Office Manager
(Corte Madera Town Center)
Corte Madera Town Center is a retail shopping center with over 400,000 sf retail and 80,000 sf office leasing space in Corte Madera, CA. Responsible for managing maintenance & security staff along with tenant leasing & reporting.
6/96 - 6/98 Ecumenical Association For Housing - Property Manager / Office Manager
A housing development company committed to providing low income & affordable housing to the greater bay area & Nationwide. I managed two- 28 unit complexes in Larkspur, CA and Co-managed a 43 unit complex in Santa Rosa, CA .
2006 MBA - San Francisco State University
2006 Leadership San Francisco
2003 Certified Trainer - DDI Targeted Selection (hiring practices)
2001 B.A., Human Resource Management - Dominican University
1996 Leadership Santa Rosa (Class XIII)
1993 1995 A.A. Degree Psychology / Business Mgmt. - Santa Rosa Junior College
1991 1992 Leadership / Management Training (Cert. Program) - U.S. Postal Service
MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint proficient) for both Windows and Macintosh, Outlook, ADP 3.0 & HR Profile, Report Smith and Transentives stock options management system. Ceridian Source 550 payroll & HRIS system, Crystal reports, Cognos reporting, SAP and VURV (formerly RecruitMax), Openhire, Success Factors, Benetrac,.