Over 17+ years in the renewable energy sector, specializing in onshore and offshore installation and commissioning site management; including operations and maintenance management for international companies, client representative construction, owners site manager, HV operations and working as a heavy industrial electrician (apprentice). Proven ability to direct and manage multiple projects simultaneously, totaling over 60 wind farm projects in Canada, North and South America and Australia and Asia.
Demonstrated track record in the wind industry with direct responsibility for project site operations and execution, leading teams in maintenance and installation and commissioning from proposal phase through to customer acceptance. Effective, direct communicator able to influence and build collaborative business relationships with internal stakeholders, business partners and vendors. Extensive experience in contract development, negotiation, and management, along with risk and budget management to CDN$400+ MN.
The ability and capacity to work with multi-disciplinary groups and cultures. As well as the ability to work and trained with Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, Thailanders, variety of other countries and lean consultants. EXPERIENCE
Interim Regional Renewables Leader APAC, Field Core, a GE Company Renewables Service/Resource/Operations Manager
June 2016 – present
• Responsible for the planning, overseeing and leading projects from creation to completion in the wind segment for the ANZ – APAC region.
• Interacts with a range of internal and external stakeholders focusing on developing and securing opportunities for new business and extend services throughout the APAC region.
• Responsible for ITO/pre-contracts and estimate scoping.
• Own complete process of submitting Job Information Sheet (JIS) and ensuring turnover to business operations for entry into Powermax.
• Develops and delivers project resource plan and strategy – site management WTG installation and commissioning o staff/contractors. Responsible for recruitment and key contact for all field personnel.
• Works closely with EHS/Service managers conducting site inspections and audits on the work teams during the execution of the installation, commissioning, receiving, operation, and maintenance activities. Responsible for ensuring all inspection reports and checklists are completed and are accurate.
• Understand and follow Master Service Agreements to ensure accurate project set up.
• Support the region management team by creating and running ad hoc reports, as needed.
• Create and maintain logistics tracking spreadsheets, support documentation, and appropriate dashboards.
• Drive and develop a positive employee relations culture, listen to employees to drive changes, and improve bottoms up, safety, quality, financial performance and integrity and compliance issues and concerns
• Drives reduction in COQ on all Australian and Asian projects.
• Defines, develops, documents and roll out of processes which allow teams to capture and apply lessons learnt on installation and commissioning project reviews.
• Participates/leads review of contracts and subcontracts involving crews, installation, and commissioning.
• Negotiating a new fleet vehicle supply and support agreement including telematics.
• Responsible for payroll processing and new service contract agreements
• Focused on innovation - developed an online clothing procurement system for Australia wide onsite field staff.
• Develops monthly reports on service line performance to executive team.
• Verify, manage, and approve all assigned vendor invoices. o Coordinate logistics for field employees attending training or business requirements including hotel and car reservations and meals ensuring travel costs support Field Core’s Cost Management objectives (flights, accommodation, vehicle hire).
• Maintain and reconcile Purchasing Card cost submissions, work with the finance team to ensure prompt payments.
• Manage support requests from the field employees, acting as additional communication path to provide site support as needed.
Site BOP (additional Duties)
(construction Phase to OM Phase)
• Responsible for the assisting the Region in Site Balance of Plant Operations under the guidance of the BOP Lead Professional. Successfully meets / exceeds key objectives and performance in the areas of safety results and behavior, execution excellence, team alignment / engagement / motivation, customer loyalty and financial performance.
• Ensures that site level safety practices and protocol are in alignment with organizational standards and ensures compliance and optimal safety results. Helps champion the journey to an incident, injury, and illness free environment. Maintains close partnership with the BOP Technical Support and to Health, Safety and Environment department.
• Provides support to the Site Manager, SOM, and BOP Team with promoting a highly aligned, engaged and motivated organization that produces high-level results against Key Performance Indicators and operational objectives.
• Utilizes Best Known Methods optimizing operational performance at site. Supports a learning organization within the operation using Best Practices to maximize BOP equipment maintenance and performance.
• Support change management activity and initiatives within their team.
• Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with the customer and internal partners. Pursues “ambassador” status with their customer and a site that is focused on customer loyalty excellence.
• Interacts with vendors for sites.
• Supports Site Manager, SOM, and BOP Team with site activities to meet site, regional and departmental objectives.
• Assists Site Managers with special projects such as annual budgets, performance appraisals, etc.
• Will perform BOP activities on Substations including, minor repairs, inspections, outages, maintenance, weed abatement and snow removal.
• Will perform activities on O&M building, collection and/or interconnect systems including minor repairs, inspections, outages, maintenance, snow removal and weed abatement
• Will assist the regional BOP activities at all the site facilities, including roads, gates cattle guards and MET equipment including, repairs, inspections, maintenance, weed abatement and snow removal
• Oversees administering of switching orders, testing, repairs, switching, grounding, and construction activities as required within the region.
• Performs activities related to infrared inspections, battery maintenance, dielectric oil sampling and SF6
• Will coordinate with BOP Team Lead Professional in substation maintenance and outage planning
• Performs substation and transmission inspections in accordance with NERC compliance requirements
• Ensures adherence to all pertinent HV OSHA safety requirements and follow company policies and procedures
• Provides detailed written reports, including root cause analyses, to management
• Adheres to specifications and Procedures related to switching, safety and testing equipment.
• Performs periodic testing of the equipment used for operations on the site
• Aids in implementation of maintenance programs and schedules for interconnect and collection systems.
• Will coordinate with BOP Lead of all switching orders and work clearances related to high voltage activities. EHS Specialist
• Provide Region EHS Managers with in-depth analysis of metrics and recommended ways to improve safety policies and programs
• Contribute to the development of an effective Accident Prevention Program in support of Engineering Service’s Zero Tolerance Safety goals
• Ensure that all employees are informed of, comprehend, and comply with EHS policies and procedures as well as local regulations
• Communicate weekly updates regarding injury and illness awareness and mitigating measures
• Assist with preparing for unannounced audits and inspections by government entities, including but not limited to federal, state, or local municipalities
• Conduct internal audits and provide recommendations to improve audit scores
• Establish good rapport with site supervisors and field EHS personnel on standard sites and offshore platforms
• Manage OSHA incident and injury reporting within specified guidelines, including the management of the Workers’ Compensation Program within the team
• Conduct timely and accurate follow up investigations and coordinate with the employee’s insurance company
• Manage and track safety equipment orders, delivery, storage, and distribution with warehouse personnel
• Implement and manage Safety Task Assignments and SA, JSA, and Risk Assessment training
• Ensure that all EHS training is up to date for all personnel, including customer and/or job specific required training
• Assist with accident investigations and analyze root causes to determine and implement safety measures which prevent future incidents
• Organize and coordinate safety equipment arrival, storage, and distribution as required
• Manage the Site Safety Plan
• Manage operator certifications to ensure compliance
• Manage the documentation of safety efforts
• Drive waste reductions/productivity improvement for logistics, installation/commissioning of new and existing equipment at customers sites
• Administer the Annual Supervisor Safety Awards Program
• Manage the Facility EHS Management System
• Plan, prepare, and manage projects from beginning to end by reviewing project requirements, setting up projects, mapping POs, developing and executing against cost estimates, establishing project risk analysis and mitigation strategies, and owning performance relative to Fulfillment5 and customer KPI/CTQs targets
• Serve as the additional customer interface with P&L, and communicate with the Customer Service Manager, CSL, and CPM
• Review and verify the forecast to maximize utilization and meet catalog targets
• Review sub-contracts and negotiate terms and conditions
• Lead daily project execution status calls, Day 2 calls, and OEL Day 2 spot check calls to maintain project accountability
• Own the status and monitoring of progress and costs of the project with the support of the project controls team GE 6 Pack Wind Farm
GE/Field Core Canada Inc - Parkhill, Ontario Canada June 2016 – November 2018
• Manage 6 operation farms GE warranty, after warranty i/c to service 1.6x and 2.0 versions (288 Turbines in total) 10 technicians and service 6 solar farms for the GE warranty division.
• All wind farms running at 99%+ operational efficiency.
• Complete the end of warranty and major component changes require at the site prior to hand over plus major retro fit projects throughout the entire site.
• Ensure process discipline on site and assign site teams based on project and service requirements to ensure contract requirements are met. Identify performance issues to resolve issues and ensure the project and services site success,
• Manage services site financial performance to the Operating Plan and TCI cost metrics. Update schedules, estimates, forecasts, or budgets for wind project.
• Use lean and digitization tools to drive optimum process discipline
• Serve as Customer focal point on project sites and services sites Site Supervisor/Central and Eastern Canada
Siemens Wind Canada - Stoney Creek, Ontario Canada May 2012 – June 2016
• Managed 13 operational wind farms with 4 under construction (15 turbine farm - 140 turbine farm).
• In total 472 turbines (1158 MW), 42 technicians and 42 contractors.
• All wind farms running at 99-99.9 % operational efficiency (turbine availability).
• CPE margin ranging on small production farms 24% to 48.9 % on large production farms.
• Able to streamline performance, service and turbine availability and provide a zero-harm culture.
• Manage safe, timely and profitable provision of services provided by Siemens Wind Power on site; overall responsibility for performance against contracts held with customers; management of field resources, site supervisors and Service Coordinators as required to achieve/exceed service provision set out within customer contracts.
• Develop scope of work for wind project functions, such as design, site assessment, environmental studies, surveying, or field support services. Budget construction CDN$300 million dollars.
• Manage the tender and contract negotiation process for both the Wind Turbine Supply Agreement and the Wind Turbine
• Build and lead global operations for renewables
• Working with commercial teams to drive growth for the renewable’s portfolio
• Operations and Maintenance Agreement.
• Work with and guide leaders in optimizing end to end values streams
• Working with renewables P&L to standardize field processes, improve operations through lean practices
• Update schedules, estimates, forecasts, or budgets for wind projects. Manage wind project costs to stay within budget limits.
• Manage the project programmed to ensure the works are progressed on schedule and project milestones are achieved.
• Serve as a member of the leadership staff, reporting to the CEO and partners across regions and functions for day to day execution
• Monitor all important stages of construction activity and ensure works are carried out to the required quality standard.
• Enable scheduled maintenance to be carried out within timescales. Enable unscheduled maintenance to be carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
• Drive waste reduction and productivity improvement
• Supervise the work of subcontractors or consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications or budgets.
• Responsibility for driving correct performance of Siemens team on site (HSE, Quality, Costs) Effective management of Wind
• Perform lean training and kaizen workshops
• Share best practices across regions and act as a conduit to accelerate improvements
• Farm under warranty and maintenance contract.
• Provide verbal or written project status reports to project teams, management, subcontractors, customers, or owners.
• Assess interim accounts as required under the construction contracts and negotiate any variations and claims necessary.
• Site organizing, customer liaison, technical management. Line management and performance management of direct reports within Siemens Leadership Framework / Performance Management Process.
• Maintaining timescales of planned maintenance activities; create daily, weekly, and monthly work plans for site teams as required; maintain service schedule tracking for management information (KPIs).
• Control and technical verification of work orders, timesheet, and vehicle report data prior to transmission to office personnel.
• confirmation of time data, parts consumption to allow billing (service vs. warranty) and parts replenishment to be initiated.
• Control on site stock and carry out monthly stock report.
• Communication of HSE, quality and technical related documentation and customer approval as required. MORS database input and administration.
• Communication of technical queries to technical support and field staff. Provide general day-to-day field team and customer operational support.
• Prepare "operational problems" and "planned maintenance" information for monthly reporting. Take part in all aspects of maintenance team activity including out of hours rote system; scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, fault finding, housekeeping.
o Experience in Contract interpretation. Be available to travel away from home to assist in unscheduled tasks or take part in training activities.
o Distribute and evaluate monthly tool checks, ensure that Area Manager is made aware of cost overruns and contract variations.
• Continuously assess competence and performance levels of site teams and instigate training / improvements as necessary. Field Supervisor\Industrial Instrumentation Technician(447A-apprentice) EAGLE WEST ENERGY INC - Alberta - British Columbia Canada July 2008 – March 2012
Wind Division Sold
• Gained in depth and comprehensive knowledge of electrical and mechanical issues associated with the installation, service, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of commercial wind turbines.
• Dufferin WP, Bornish WP, Black Springs WP and various projects around North America. Wind Platforms serviced and commissioned Vestas: V82, V90, V100, V126 GE 1.8MW, GE 2.75, GE 1X Models.
• Undertook supervision and training of technicians and construction personnel.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with OSHA safety guidelines for scaffolding, fall arrest equipment and personal protective equipment. Inspect installation of all materials and equipment supplied by subcontractor to ensure that it meets the project design and industry standard criteria.
• Inspect all turbine installations to ensure that the project and environmental requirements are followed. Ensure project work outputs comply with standards and meet contract requirements by working with the Turbine Installation Manager and technical groups.
• Take proactive actions to prevent or limit failure and optimize turbine efficiency. Carrying out all tasks relating to the installation and commissioning on the wind turbines.
• Improve crane activities and customer sites to reduce cycle time and lead time
• Undertook cable work and installation of service lift, electrical components, and commissioning of turbine platforms. Worked effectively with team members to complete job duties.
• Well versed across all installation disciplines including off-load & storage, component assembly / crane operations, cable work, mechanical completion, commissioning, and all related project documentation. Wind Turbine Engineering Technician\Wind Turbine Engineering Student (Holland College) \Industrial Electrician (309A-apprentice) EAST WIND W.E.S. -Summerside, P.E.I Canada
• Performed maintenance and repair on AOC/EWS 15/50 commercial wind turbines.
• Troubleshoot and repair of complex electrical systems, rebuilt, serviced, and repaired aerodynamic braking system. Motorman\Derrickman\Construction
Millwright(433A-apprentice) TRI CITY
Tri City Drilling sold to Ensign Energy.
ENSIGN ENERGY CORPORATION - Nisku, AB Canada
• Supervise crew members and aid in training them.
• Steady pipes during connection to or disconnection from drill or casing strings.
• Listen to mud pumps and check regularly for vibration and other problems to ensure that rig pumps and drilling mud systems are working properly.
DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENSE - Various locations across Canada Tier One Operative (Assaulter)
• Counter hi-jacking, Maritime Security and vbss operations; anti/counter-terror) AT/CT) operations, improved explosive device (IED), counter IED/IED defeat tactics, techniques and procedures, CQB/Hostage rescue operations, PSD operator and Instructor, Weapons, explosives and firearms instructor. Range safety officer, range master/operations management. Project implementation and management, Firearms instructor
• Tactical Breaching operations, security threat assessment intelligence collection and analysis, surveillance/counter surveillance
• Various tier one assaulter training available upon request Senior Resource Manager (RMS) Retired
• Oversight and management of a Human Resources department of 260 staff comprising of Civilian, A/R and A/P staff.
• Development and implementation of labor relations policies and procedures, negotiation of collective agreement.
• Financial budget Supervisor for Department Section/Ops 55+ million dollars Weapons Engineering\Supervisor Retired NATIONAL DEFENSE –
• Various global locations onboard HMCS Naval Warships Provide technical expertise, advice and leadership for the operation and maintenance of naval combat systems. Above Water and Underwater Warfare Systems and their ammunition technical expertise, advice and leadership for the operation and maintenance of naval combat systems.
• Above Water and Underwater Warfare Systems and their ammunition. EDUCATION
DIPLOMA: WIND TURBINE TECHNOLOGY
Holland College, Summerside, PE, Canada
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE(Hons): Human Resource Management/Industrial Relations (Major) The Asper School of Business University of Manitoba University, Winnipeg, MB, Canada PROFESSIONAL COURSE and CERTIFICATIONS
GE level 2 trained, GE 1x,2,3x certified, 1x 2x 3x loto certified, and other various GE platforms, BZEE, Training in Safety and Rescue, WHMIS, H2S Alive, First Aid, CPR with AED, TDG, Blow Out Prevention, Fall and Rescue, Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS), Service Best, Well cap, Confined Space Rescue, IADC, HSE Rig Pass Accredited, High Rope Angel Rescue, Off Highway Defensive Certified, Front End Loader Operator Certified, MV Cable Preparation (MV(5-35kV) 600a dead break elbows, PMP Certificate (pending exam 2021), OSHA cert, Tower Rescue Cert, GWO Trained and Cert, BSO Plus, SAP,SCADA, PeopleSoft, Siemens Service Technician level 5 Qualified, Vestas Service Technician 2, Blade repair technician qualified, other certification available upon request. Wind Farms/Projects Involved In
Ararat Wind Farm, VC 75 -3.2 MW WTG’s
Silverton Wind Farm, QLD58 – 3.4 MW WTG’s
Willogolechie Wind Farm, SA 32 – 3.8 MW WTG’s
Coopers Gap Wind Farm, QLD123 – 3.6/3.8 MW WTG’s
Crookwell Wind Farm, NSW 28 – 3.4 MW WTG’s
Boco Rock Wind Farm, NSW 67 – 1.6/1.7 MW WTG’s
Bodangora Wind Farm, NSW 33 – 3.4 MW WG’s
Mumbida Wind Farm, WA 22 – 2.75 MW WTG’s
Crudine Wind Farm, QLD 37 – 3.6 MW WTG’s
Bango Wind Farm, QLD 46 – 5.3 MW WTG’s
Various Asian Wind farms thru out Asia Pacific
Canadian Solar Farms across Northern Canada
Block Island offshore Alstom WF 6 MW WTG’s
6 Pack WF Nextera 288 GE 1.6 MW WTG’s
Grand Renewables Wind Farm, Caledonia, ON - 67 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's South Kent Wind Farm - Chatham, ON - 124 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's Conestoga Wind Farm - Wellington County, ON - 10 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's Port Alma - Port Alma, ON - 44 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's Halkirk Wind - Halkirk Alberta -83 Vestas V90 1.8MW WTG's Dokie Wind Farm - Dokie Ridge, British Columbia - 48 Vestas V90 3.0 MW WTG's Caribou Wind Park - Bathurst, New Brunswick - 33 Vestas V90 3.0 MW WTG's Greenwich Wind Farm - Township of Doiron, ON - 43 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's Melanchthon I Wind Plant - Dufferin County, ON - 45 G.E. 1.5 MW WTG's Melanchthon Phase II - Dufferin, ON - 88 G.E. 1.5 MW WTG's Talbot Wind Farm - Talbot, ON - 43 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's Harrow Wind Farm - Town of Essex, ON - 24 Vestas 1.6MW WTG's Black springs Wind Farm - Black spring, Alberta - 188 Vestas V90 1.8MW WTG's Broken Bow Wind Farm - Broken Bow, Nebraska - 50 GE 1.6 MW WTG's Summer Haven - Jarvis, ON - 56 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's Port Ryerse - Port Ryerse, ON - 4 Siemens 3.0 MW Direct Drive WTG's St Columban - St Columban, ON -15 Siemens - 3.0 MW Direct Drive WTG's Trout Creek, Thunder Bay, ON - Trout Creek ON -4 Siemens 3.0 Direct Drives WTG's Mayer Majestic, Kincardine ON- 4 Siemens 3.0 MW Direct Drive WTG's Armow - Kincardine, ON - 92 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's
Kingsbridge II - Goderich, ON - 140 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's Grand Valley, Grand Valley, ON - Wind Farm 1,2 Siemens 10 -2.3MW, 18 3.0MW Direct Drive WTG's South Branch, Bristen, ON- 10 Siemens 3.0 MW Direct Drive WTG's Tumbler Ridge - 40 Vestas V100 - 2.8 MW WTG's, V90 1.8 MW WTG's Cape Scott Wind Farm - Port Hardy, British Columbia - 56 Vestas V90 1.8MW WTG's Marcona - Peru - 25 Siemens 3.0 MW Direct Drive WTG's, 8 - 2.3 MW WTG's Dufferin Wind Farm - Melanchthon, ON - 31 GE 1.6MW, 18 GE 2.75MW WTG's Bornish Wind Farm - Parkhill, ON - 45 GE 1.6MW WTG's Bluewater Wind Farm - Zurich, ON - 36 GE 1.6MW WTG's Jericho Wind Farm - Tedford, ON - 92 GE 1.6 MW WTG's Goshen Wind Park - Exeter, ON - 63 GE 1.6 MW WTG's Adelaide II Wind farm - Adelaide, ON - 18 Siemens 3.0 direct drive WTG's Port Dover Wind Farm - Port Dover, ON - 58 Vestas V90 1.8 MW WTG's Old Man River 2 - Peace River, Alberta - 20 Siemens 2.3 MW WTG's