GLENN LEE SULLIVAN
PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR with extensive experience spearheading key process improvements and cost reduction strategies across chemical, textile, and business-to-business (B2B) through cross-functional leadership and strategic planning. Results-driven changemaker with a demonstrated record of assessing internal workflows and sourcing arrangements, designing and overseeing new standard operating procedures (SOPs) to deliver multimillion-dollar cost savings. Dedicated leader leveraging industry expertise and relationship management skills to align stakeholders and enhance business performance. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
ü Supply Chain Leadership
ü Procurement Tactics
ü Strategic Sourcing
ü Supplier Management
ü Cross-Functional Coordination
ü Category Management
ü Cost Savings
ü Process Improvements
ü Team Development
• Utilized industry insights and strategic sourcing methods to facilitate category management of MRO commodities with an aggregate spend of ~$30M, along with delivering $1.5M in annual cost savings.
• Developed, oversaw, and implemented projects concerning infrastructure enhancements and process improvements to deliver annual cost savings averaging $1.5M.
• Promoted a continuous improvement (CI) mentality, including centralizing the enterprise inventory structure and distribution to produce $600K in cost savings at Mohawk Industries. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
WF Taylor, LLC. – Dalton, GA 2016 – Present
Director of Procurement
• Developed and implemented a strategic approach for the efficient and cost-effective procurement of raw materials to adequately support two manufacturing sites producing finished goods for a leading adhesives and coatings manufacturer within the floor covering industry.
• Led cross-functional team aimed at qualifying new materials for use to strengthen the supply chain and reduce overall cost of materials while maintaining organizational standards for formulations.
• Routinely evaluated industry trends and the macroeconomic climate, leveraging insights and business acumen to negotiate advantageous contracts for key materials while monitoring compliance of terms.
• Created a new distribution center comprising a supplementary research center to simultaneously create a space for customer product demonstrations while enhancing resources for finished goods.
• Directed the implementation of a new test bed in coordination with contractors, producing ability to simulate afflicting conditions and sufficiently answer customer questions on adhesive durability.
• Collaborated with MainPointe and established strategic direction to build a high-impact procurement model which was officially implemented in 2016.
• Fostered trust, owned relationships, and directly managed memorandum of understanding (MOU) with suppliers to establish valuable partnerships and bolster procurement base.
• Generated integral demand forecasts for projected raw materials based upon sales analysis to support key decision-making regarding production, purchasing, budget, and product pricing.
• Oversaw database management for materials, produced new finished goods part numbers, and produced a bill of materials (BOM) to support operations and ensure accuracy of information. GLENN LEE SULLIVAN
276 STACKSTONE DRIVE • DALTON, GA 30720 • 706-***-**** • email@example.com PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS CONTINUED Mohawk Industries (MHK) – Dalton, GA 2002 – 2016
Senior Buyer MRO Indirect
• Served as the principal buyer of maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) parts, equipment, and services, coordinating with 30 manufacturing sites to single-source supplies and commodities required.
• Employed negotiation capabilities to obtain quotations and bids from suppliers at competitive pricing, while ensuring consistency with quality, quantity, and delivery expectations.
• Oversaw relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring strategic partnerships and developing team members to drive organizational success.
• Adeptly navigated the organizational hierarchy as a buyer at multiple levels, demonstrating value and impact through major process improvements to earn multiple promotions during tenure.
• Negotiated and administered national agreements for parts and services, monitoring to ensure best value terms for pricing, delivery, and payment in partnership with the legal department.
• Led the implementation of key inventory strategies such as consignment, vendor managed inventory
(VMI), and customer managed inventory (CMI) to reduce on-hand inventory, enhance payment processes, and optimize replenishment.
• Integrated blanket ordering to support minimum stock level monitoring and avoid recurrent expenditures for purchase orders, while promoting discount pricing through volume commitment.
• Compiled and analyzed data focused on determining current manufacturing costs, along with estimating values in accordance with market price to implement a cost reduction strategy.
• Monitored and evaluated outsourcing partner performance, establishing product usage to maintain efficiency and institute improvements plans when appropriate. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Lee Office Products – Dalton, GA
Purchasing Manager Operations Manager
• Directed the procurement of products, supplies, and services required from manufacturers, wholesalers, and vendors to resell in support of an independent business-to-business (B2B) dealer with annual sales totaling $5M.
• Managed inventory and maintained adequate levels involving periodic cycle counts annual audits to enable seamless daily operations.
• Gained a comprehensive understanding of industry best practices with a specific focus on inventory control, including driving an aggressive material shrinkage process to eliminate excess.
• Oversaw warehouse operations and designed workflow improvements to safeguard first-rate operations for receiving, shipping, and deliveries. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts (BA), History
University of Georgia
AS400 JD Edwards Microsoft Office Business Objects On Demand Tungsten Kronos Workflow Workday Material Data Master (MDM) Process Pro EntraPass Web