Senior HRIS resource with solid understanding of PeopleSoft Payroll, Human Resources, Benefits Administration, Compensation,
and Security with over 18 years of Functional, Technical, and Project Management experience on 25 separate projects, utilizing
Workday Payroll and HR version 10.0, PeopleSoft HRMS versions 4 through 9.2, received PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Accreditation, Oracle OUM methodology Accreditation, and Oracle Cloud Platform Integration Workshop. Strong background in gathering and documenting business requirements, Fit Gap Analysis, Configuration, and writing Functional and Technical Design Specs for Interfaces and Reports. Conducts analysis of project documentation to design and develop detailed test plans, cycles, cases and scripts. Coordinates user acceptance testing managing incidents and defects, ensuring the project team is informed and adheres to the developed testing procedures, recommends and develops metrics in support of QA testing initiatives. Collaborates with developers to resolve software defects and incorrect test results. Works with Quality Assurance and Client teams to facilitate the completion of various test phases including System Integration, Simulated Production test, etc. and provides post implementation production support. Effectively manages all aspects of client interaction to ensure business requirements are met while maintaining scope control and SDLC requirements. Applies strong project management skills utilizing industry standard methodologies to define the strategies, scope, plans, schedules, resources, risk, cost, and documentation of solutions.
• Senior level Functional and Technical skills focusing on
• Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, and Security
• Self-Service and Collaborative Applications
• Budgetary, Planning, and Change Management
• Team Building, and Technology Integration
• Effective communication of Functional and Technical
concepts and implications to business community
•Develop specifications for Interfaces and Reports, works with Technical Teams, and Vendors to resolve outstanding issues
Significant Leadership Engagements Include:
Incyte Pharma • Developed the integrated Project plan for the implementation of ADP Vantage Payroll, coordinating
activities of PeopleSoft, ADP, Incyte Staff, and HCL’s Offshore Teams.
City of El Paso • Led a staff of 4 providing oversight for the HCM upgrade, developed all Project planning documentation
Towers Perrin • Developed the Global HR Annual Project, Scope, Quality, Risk Management, and Phase Exit Plans
NSS • Payroll Manager, led staff of 8 in a shared service organization for 26 companies and 20,000 employees.
Hewlett Packard • Participated on the proposal team outlining the project definition of system integration services for ECTP
Pathmark Inc. • Conducted Feasibility Study and Vendor Assessment
Johnson & Johnson • Developed HCM Strategy and Methodology Guide
NJ Turnpike Authority • Developed the Integration, Parallel, and User Acceptance test plans for a PS HCM implementation
American Standard • Member of the HRIS Leadership team managing all global aspects of HR systems for 61,000 Employees
Covance Inc. • Led PS HCM implementation HR/Base Benefits, and Payroll Interface for a 7,500 employees.
CSC • Managed a staff of eight analysts and programmers, supporting Claims, Billing, Cash, TRP, Cash, GL,
Management Reporting, Bureau/ISO Statistical Reporting, and Agent reconciliation systems.
PECO Energy • Led Conversion of legacy Payroll / HR / Time & Attendance to PS HCM for 25,000 employees
Incyte Pharma, Chaddsford Pa August 2018 – December 2018
Project Manager - ADP / PeopleSoft
Developed the integrated Payroll Project Plan utilizing MS Project 2016, which integrated the tasks between PeopleSoft HCM 9.2, ADP, Incyte Staff, and Offshore Development Teams. Conducted weekly meetings with ADP, Incyte, and HCL off Shore Teams. Provided status to Incyte’s Steering Committee. Identified requirements for PeopleSoft HR data extract to ADP. Validated access to ADP’s eRoom – document repository, reviewed all artifacts and loaded them to the eRoom. Identified, Confirmed, and distributed the contacts and Roles and Responsibilities List. Verified access to ILearing tools, and assisted team members with their virtual training. Established the directory structure on Incyte’s Share Point site, and loaded project documentation there for the teams to share. Participated in Virtual, and Onsite Modeling Sessions with ADP, raising concerns and identifying requirements, and tying the requirements to the Project Plan, serving as the focal point for the project.
Chemours, Wilmington De April 2018 – August 2018
Workday Payroll Consultant
Functional Resource supporting US Payroll. Performed Testing of Configuration, Reporting, and EIB modifications. Identified current 401k issues and built the plan identifying Current State by Type of resolution (Integration, Process, Configuration, and Reporting). Conducted Audit of 2015/2016 Payroll, the period when Chemours spun off from DuPont, with a mid-year go-live converting PeopleSoft Payroll to Workday Payroll. The approach I used compared what was earned and deducted for each tax category stored on PeopleSoft with the amount on the w2. Performed research and provided detailed instructions for service provider to process 2016 W2C corrections.
Atlantic Health System, Morrestown Nj March 2017 – April 2018
HCM Lead PeopleSoft 9.1 – 9.2
SR. PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM Functional Resource in the IS Department, supporting HR, Benefits, Payroll, Learning and Development working with the Training department supporting there EPIC rollout requiring all 15,000 employees to be trained in some facet of EPIC, One Hundred and Fifty custom scheduled batch reports, interfaces, and Security for Four Hospitals, employing fifteen thousand employees, including one thousand Physicians utilizing Cherwell Helpdesk software to manage the support. Provided assistance to PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade, and Benefits Open Enrollment developed Queries, SQR reports and interfaces, built run control pages, worked with the Benefits department to assist with the related change management process related to switching providers by supporting internal messaging, content development and implementation. For year end processing set up year end parameters and created detailed instructions for payroll manager to submit W2’s reporting six hundred million dollar annual payroll to IRS.
Dollar Financial Group, Malvern, Pa July 2016 - November 2016
Workday HCM Functional Consultant for a Global consumer financial services firm supported US and Canadian Payroll processes utilizing ADP PCPW, Workday HR, and Financial Reporting, writing MS SQLServer scripts to maintain system currency, and provided Adhoc reporting support. Participated in system testing for Workday 10.0 Payroll, HR, Time and Attendance, and Time Corrections modules.
CIBER, Inc. July 2014 – April 2016
Provided senior expertise to Higher Education accounts specializing in HR, Benefits, and Payroll.
While engaged at the Florida State College at Jacksonville as a PeopleSoft Benefits Lead / HR / Payroll Functional Analyst:
Facilitate product demonstrations designed to illustrate the features and functions of PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 Payroll / Benefits / HR
Gather Reporting and Interface Requirements, and Develop Functional Specifications.
Collect and load rates, plan design specifications, configure benefit plans, costs.
Map Legacy Job Code / Position data to Position Management in PeopleSoft 9.2
Develop test plans, test scripts, coordinate testing for Benefits / HR projects and verified employee populations.
Change Management support, developed internal messaging, content development and implementation for HR, IT, business and functional stakeholders providing routine updates to Sr. Leadership.
While engaged at the Daytona State College as a PeopleSoft HR and Benefits Lead: Served as an PeopleSoft HR / Benefits Functional Lead for a major state college:
Facilitated product demonstrations designed to illustrate the features and functions of PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 HR and Benefits,
Gathered reporting and interface requirements, and developed functional specifications.
Collected and loaded rates, plan design specifications, configured benefit plans, costs.
Developed test plans, test scripts, coordinated testing for HR and Benefits projects and verified employee populations
Partned on the development and execution of the training strategy and approach
Chicago Tollway April 2014 – May 2014
ERP HR Senior Consultant for a major state agency documented business requirements and processes for Payroll, Compensation / Classification, Benefits/Insurance, Personnel Administration, Position Control, Time Reporting, Leave Accounting, and Training.
AmeriHealth Caritas, Philadelphia, Pa October 2013 – December 2013
PeopleSoft HCM Functional Consultant for a Large Healthcare Firm performed an assessment of current PeopleSoft Benefits Administration 9.1 configuration. Identified and resolved issues with event and eligibility rules. Helped prepare for, and supported Open Enrollment for 2014. Configured system for Certifications used in eBenefits, developed the test plan, test scripts, supporting queries, and conducted system testing.
White & Case LLP, New York, New York June 2013 – October 2013
PeopleSoft HCM Functional Consultant for a Global Law Firm developed test plans, test scripts, and conducted testing for the HRIS Department. I gathered the requirements and developed the reports for Payroll Interface, Profile Management, Benefits Administration, and utilizing PS query and MS Access as part of the PeopleSoft 9.1 Implementation.
Cherry Road Technologies August 2011 –June 2013
Providing Senior HCM expertise to Government Accounts specializing in Payroll, HR, and Benefits.
Significant Client Engagements Include:
San Diego School District, CA
PeopleSoft HR Lead performed Business Process Analysis and Conducted Fit/Gap sessions for a PeopleSoft 9.2 implementation, documenting the requirements of the 64 independent school districts within San Diego County.
Solano County, CA
PeopleSoft HR and Benefits Lead performed Business Process Analysis and Conducted Fit/Gap sessions for a PS 9.2 upgrade
City of El Paso
PeopleSoft HCM Lead providing overall oversight for the HCM upgrade Conducted Fit Gap Sessions, gathered requirements for, NA Payroll, HR, Ben Admin, Position Management, Ben Admin, Pension Administration, Time and Labor Interface, Commitment Accounting, Compensation, Enterprise Learning, Interface Requirements, and Security. I wrote the HCM Gap Resolution, Scope documents, and test plans. Audited the existing security configuration and provided recommendations for a more streamlined approach.
• Managed a team of 4 Consultants
• Conducted PS Query training
• Made recommendations and developed a plan for Configuration cleanup
• Partnered with HR to assist with Change Management by
• Developed and executed the training strategy and approach
• Supported internal messaging, content development and implementation for HR, IT, business and functional stakeholders
CIGNA Corporation, Philadelphia, PA May 2011 – August 2011
PeopleSoft HCM Functional Consultant gathered functional requirements, and Test plans for Profile Management, Succession Planning, and Manager Self Service as part of the PeopleSoft 9.1 Upgrade.
Oracle Corporation May 2010 – May 2011
Principal Consultant providing Senior Functional expertise to Strategic Accounts specializing in HR, Benefits, and Payroll.
Significant Client Engagements Include:
Government of Canada, Ottawa
PeopleSoft HCM Principal Consultant facilitated product demonstrations designed to illustrate the features and functions of Position Management, Profile Management, Career, and Succession Planning on PeopleSoft HCM 9.1. Captured the unique requirements for NOC, Classification Decisions, Job Code, and Position Number for twelve departments of the CG.
City of Akron, OH
PeopleSoft HCM Functional Consultant for a Time and Labor / Absence Management application reviewed existing processes for leave plan accruals, and comp time balance carry over, documenting the required configuration and scheduling for yearend processing. Worked closely with the Manager of Accounting for the City of Akron to validate the balances for over 2000 employees, developed SQR interfaces for pension contributions, on PeopleSoft HCM 9.0
University of Kansas,
Principal Consultant participated in the collection of business requirements, and wrote functional design documents for interfaces to the State of Kansas for Benefits Enrollment reporting, also assisted with Benefits Configuration on PeopleSoft HCM 9.1.
ConAgra Omaha, NE
Principal Consultant on a team of 15, reporting to the Director of HR participate in the collection of business requirements, and
facilitated product demonstrations designed to illustrate the features and functions of Benefits Administration on PeopleSoft HCM 9.1.
worked with the Benefits Department to identify business requirements and associated configuration for Benefits Billing, Health
Savings Accounts, Life Events processed through eBenefits, and Retro Active processing.
Baxter Deerfield, IL.
Principal Consultant on a team of 10 participated in the planning, collection of business requirements, high level design, and facilitated conference room pilot sessions designed to illustrate the features and functions of PeopleSoft HCM 9.1, developed the requirements
Traceability Matrix used as input to the functional design, working closely with the Payroll Manager to identify current processes, and Payroll interface design documents.
Functional and Technical Associates LLC September 2002 – Present
Independent Computer Consultant providing Senior Functional and Technical expertise with over 13 years of PeopleSoft experience specializing in Payroll, HR, Benefits, Compensation, Recruitment, and Security on 12 separate projects.
Significant Client Engagements Include:
Towers Perrin Philadelphia, PA. October 2008 – June 2009
Project Manager for a Global Consulting Organization led a team of five reporting to the Manager of HRSD. Provided functional and operational support for the execution of HR processes, reporting, interfaces, and maintenance of foundation tables, on PS HCM 8.9.
• Developed the Global HR Annual Project, Scope, Quality, Risk Management, and Phase Exit Plans, for Global HR.
• Managed system security access and audits of HR systems and processes.
• Generated ad hoc PeopleSoft reports, and developed functional specifications for systems maintenance initiatives.
• Defined and diagnosed issues determining root cause and establishing proper controls to prevent recurrence.
•Assisted LMS Mgr to develop user roles & high-level system design and validate requirements for improved business processes ELM
• Wrote documentation & performs functional testing communicating requirements to business & technical team members for ELM
Board of Pensions Philadelphia, PA. August 2008 – October 2008
Sr. Techno Functional Consultant on a team of seven reporting to the Director of Applications. Provided technical support for Benefits year-end, utilized MS Access, PeopleSoft HCM 8.9, PeopleTools, SQR.
• Created an email notification process from contact data stored in PS downloaded to MS Access. This provided the Board
with the ability to communicate efficiently with it members.
Newspaper Support Services Inc., Wilmington DE June 2005 – July 2008
Payroll Manager for a Newspaper Shared Service organization in a department of fifteen reporting to the Dir. of HRIS.
Directed and managed a Payroll Staff of 8 employees and consultants for a multi-state, nationwide shared service organization supporting 26 distinct companies / payrolls for 20,000 employees.
• Supported the newspapers implementation and ongoing support of PS 8.9 in six waves for 26 distinct companies
• Responsible for all Payroll Processes, including Payroll Year End, Time & Labor, and GL interfaces on PS HCM 8.9.
• Liaison with JP Morgan Chase for Positive Pay, Direct Deposits, Wire Transfers, Tax Deposits, Check Reversals, Stop Payments,
Garnishments, Cash Reconciliations, and implementation of patches/fixes, and tax updates
• Provided support for Configuration, Security, Adhoc Queries, GL Mapping Requests, Reconciliation, and Data Integrity
• Adhered to policies and procedures by developing SOP’s, facilitating data standards, writing functional and technical specs, and change management
Senior HR / Benefits Consultant on a team of 7 reporting to the Manager of HR / Benefits. Provided the operating unit’s expertise on PeopleSoft 8.9 HR /Benefits and offered resolutions and guidance on arising HR/Benefits issues.
• Designed enhancements to operating processes, wrote technical specifications, queries, and process changes.
• Facilitated the coordination of Annual Benefits Open Enrollment, and year-end processing on PeopleSoft 8.9.
• Collected and loaded rates, plan design specifications, Configured Benefit Plans, Costs and Credits
• Developed test plans, test scripts, coordinated testing for HR and Benefits projects and verified employee populations
Independence Blue Cross Philadelphia, PA. February 2005 – June 2005
Functional Lead for a PeopleSoft 8.8 eProfile Manager Desktop and eCompensation Manager Desk top implementation which supports an organization of approximately 900 Managers.
• Developed the Project Plan
• Facilitated the Fit Gap Sessions
• Developed Current and Future State Process Flows, and Workflows
• Developed Security Roles
• Wrote Functional Design
• Developed Communication Plan
New Jersey Turnpike Authority Woodbridge, NJ September 2004 – January 2005
Functional Consultant who developed the Integration, Parallel, and User Acceptance test plans for a PeopleSoft 8.8 HRMS rollout for:
• Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, Recruitment, Position Management, ELM
• Developed training exercises
Hewlett Packard Inc. New York, New York July 2004 – September 2004
Project Manager participated on the proposal team to outline the project definition of system integration services for the emergency communication transformation program, (ECTP) for the City of New York. The goal of my team was to demonstrate that HP, in collaboration with its selected Business Partners, were qualified and prepared to meet the requirements of the Emergency ECTP initiative in a competent, and cost-effective manner.
Pathmark Inc. Carteret, NJ February 2004 - June 2004
Functional Lead conducted feasibility study and vendor assessment, deliverables included:
• A review and assessment of Pathmark's user requirements, and wrote the RFP.
• Standardized the vendor assessment process and analyzed vendor’s responses to the RFP.
• Conducted Gap/Fit analysis comparing user requirements to delivered functionality, including self-service delivery.
• Recommendation of vendor to provide ERP solution and the Go-Forward implementation project plan.
Johnson & Johnson New Brunswick, NJ January 2004 – February 2004
Sr. Consultant provided organizational expertise.
• Reviewed existing HRIS processes, standards, strategies and methodologies
• Analyzed materials collected and developed a consolidated Software Solution Process
• Developed supporting methodology guide fully integrated with J&J’s CIM life cycle, and J&J’s Project Excellence methodologies.
AIG New York, New York October 2003 – December 2003
Sr. Consultant provided functional expertise on PS 8.3 Payroll, ePay & Payroll Operational Processes.
• Provided analysis to ensure that payroll business functional requirements were well defined and successful delivered in PeopleSoft
• Updated application with appropriate requirements for meeting the system configuration needs, and ran Payroll processes in PS 8.3
• Assisted with payroll application testing, as required, documented and executed all Payroll System Functional test scripts
• Collaborated with HRIS Business Analysts and System Developers to ensure that PeopleSoft application integration
points were identified and successfully managed.
Weil, Gotshal, & Manges LLP New York, New York September 2003 – October 2003
Sr. Technical Consultant for a global Law firm provided technical support for an upgrade to 8.8. Utilized People Tools, People Code, App engine, Component Interface, and SQR for: eBenefits, ePay, eProfile, eDevelopment, and eRecruit Manager Desktop.
• Reviewed functional design, created test scripts, entered transactions, developed People Code, App Engines, SQR’s, Component
Interfaces, and made workflow revisions on a Micro Soft SQL Server Platform.
Covance Princeton, NJ September 2002 – September 2003
Sr. Consultant provide technical and functional assistance for a global compensation department establishing self-service delivery of
salary planning and variable compensation on PeopleSoft version 8.16., eCompensation and eCompensation Manager Desktop.
• Defined scope and requirements definition with the Dir. of Global Comp., create fit gap analysis, functional and technical specs.
• Configured all setup tables for salary planning, and variable compensation, including the variable compensation security tree, user
groups relating to each business unit, and identification of included components.
American Standard, New Jersey Sr. Project Manager January 2001 – July 2002
• Member of the HRIS Leadership team managing all global aspects of human resource systems including compensation, benefits,
health and safety, hr planning, payroll, and security for a population of 61,000 employees, reporting to the SR VP of HR.
•Performed fit-gap analysis of PS 7.5 to 8.12, reviewed PeopleCode, Pages, Components, SQR’s, and PS Queries to identify which 7.5 customizations were included in the “vanilla” 8.12 version, eliminating them, significantly reducing lines of custom code.
• In support of Open enrollment, utilizing eBenefits, Ben Admin, and the 8.12 upgrade, reviewed the setup tables, and ran parallel
payroll cycles for 61 Pay Groups, and customized the benefits confirmation statements. Also wrote Crystal reports, and Oracle SQL
scripts to maintain the Benefit enrollment tables. Defined roles and permission lists to provide self-service access to PeopleSoft,
converted SQR’s to version 8. Reviewed and tested upgrade scripts used as input to the upgrade.
• Configured all setup tables for salary planning, and variable compensation, including the variable compensation security tree.
• HRIS liaison with three core Business Groups. Organized cross-functional teams, facilitated team building sessions, led development
of the conceptual strategy and methodology guides, and worked with corporate communications to help facilitate change
The Hunter Group Philadelphia, PA March 1998 – January 2001
Senior Consultant Led and Managed teams of developers engaged in the implementation and maintenance of the PeopleSoft HCM product suite, including; requirements identification, specifications, functional and technical analysis, modifications, enhancements, interfaces, reporting, testing, trouble-shooting, cost estimates, and upgrades. Mentored less experienced developers.
Significant Hunter Client Engagements Include:
Covance, Inc. Princeton, NJ 1998 – 2000
Led PeopleSoft upgrade re-implementation effort, version 4.0 to 7.0 HR/Base Benefits, and Payroll Interface. This global upgrade was accomplished in three months for a population of 7,500 employees.
• Optimized the employment search process through the deployment of Oracle trigger. Led web-enabled open enrollment, benefits
Admin, wrote global dynamic payroll interface engine to ADP Payroll, and presented it at the National IHRIM conference.
• Established security for all staff accessing to the web utilizing PeopleSoft App Engine and managed all technical consultants.
University of Rochester Rochester, NY 1998
Functional and Technical Consultant for a PS HR/Payroll 7.0 Public Sector implementation
• Reviewed the setup tables and established earning codes to comply with FLSA regulations.
• Developed functional specifications for various interfaces, established test plans for HR and Payroll.
• Served as Primary testing coordinator conducting status meetings and tracked all open issues.
• Provided guidance and support to the university’s Payroll Manager on all Payroll issues.
IAT BUSINESS SYSTEMS Senior Computer Consultant February 1992 – March 1998
Performed all phases of SDLC including Definition, Analysis, Architecture, Database Design, Implementation, and Testing for:
PECO Energy Technical and Functional Lead for interface of legacy Payroll / HR / Time & Attendance to PeopleSoft 5.12.
• Managed ten analysts and programmers, assigned work, monitored personnel performance
• Provided input to design, analysis, specifications, coding, test and implementation plans, evaluations, and documentation.
Delmarva Power Corporation • Developed the Corrective Process to Daily Time Reporting, using Cobol / ADABAS/Natural
Merck & Company • Developed Prescription Data Warehouse on sales force effectiveness using COBOL2, DB2
Sun Marketing & Refining • Developed interfaces For HR, Benefits, Retirement, Pensions, and Payroll utilizing Natural/DB2.
Morgan Stanley • Developed Commodities Swaps System, Generating Tickets, Exposure Reports in Natural2/ DB2
New Jersey Transit • Developed Rail Scheduling system/interface to IVR itinerary planning, in ADABAS / Natural2
MCI • Telecom enhancement to the telephone switches in Natural 2/Cobol2/DB2/CICS/LU6, OS/ESA
CSC Project Manager March 1989 – January 1992
• Managed a staff of eight analysts and programmers, scheduled assignments, and monitored performance
• Provided functional and technical direction, supporting Claims, Billing, Cash, TRP, Cash Disbursement, General Ledger,
Management Reporting, Bureau/ISO Statistical Reporting, and Agent reconciliation systems.
COOPERS & LYBRAND Computer Consultant June 1985 – February 1989
Provided diverse assistance to a wide range of client organizations.
Quaker Chemical Company • Participated in a systems conversion from a UNISYS 90/60 under VS9 COBOL to UNISYS 1100
under exec 1100 COBOL, utilizing MAPPER as the editor, and ECL
Merck and Company • Developed a Computer Charge Back system using SAS, and MICS
DuPont Chemical Corporation • Developed a Field Material Control System, using ADABAS/NATURAL
University of Pennsylvania • Developed a Graduation and Departmental Tracking System, using ADABAS/NATURAL
Education - BBA Applied Business Statistics, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Professional Education - PeopleSoft People Tools 8 Delta, App Engine 8.0, PS 8.0 Security, Process Scheduler 8.0, Delphi,
PeopleSoft, Functional Payroll, Hunter Group; Advanced Functional Payroll, Software AG, Natural 2.1,
Systems, Visual Basic 4.0, Zenger Miller, Front Line Leadership
Database Management Systems/Languages, Utilities, Operating Systems, and Environments:
MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Adabas, MS Access/Windows, UNIX, OS 390, Mac OS X, SQR, PeopleTools 8.49, PeopleSoft Query, PeopleCode 8.8, COBOL 2, CICS, QMF, Natural 2, Visual Basic, SAS, FORTRAN, PL/SQL PeopleSoft HRMS 4.0 – 9.0, CMS 3.71, Front Page 2000, Adobe Photoshop 5.5, Visio, Microsoft Office Products, MS Project, WordPerfect, iworks08