Guy Paul Cushman
firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.linkedin.com/in/guycushman
Decisive and focused professional Organizational and Project Manager with 17 years experience managing teams. Recognized for leveraging innovation and creativity to enhance site functionality in a broad based area of operations, services and manufacturing processes. Works under pressure in time sensitive and critical incident environments. Acknowledged throughout career for a diplomatic manner and good interpersonal skills. Promotes positive, productive working relations with all levels of the corporate mix, the public, and external agencies. Fosters best practices for procedural adherence, fiscal accountability, and responsible capital/human resource allotment.
SKILLS BY APPLICATION
Business Development Leadership
• Strategic Business Planning & Organization
• Research & Analysis • Project Management
• Management & Manufacturing Processes
• Business Process Optimization • Six Sigma Black Belt
• Start-up Operations • Cross Cultural Communications
• Problem Identification & Resolution • Team Building
• Financial Analysis • Human Resources
• Vendor Sourcing & Procurement Strategies • Customer Retention & Excellence in Service
• Budget Adherence/Allocation • Conflict Resolution
• Contract Negation & Inventory Control • Relationship Management
• Personnel & Logistics Management • 8D Practices
Self Employed, Ann Arbor, MI 2009 to Present
• Contractual work to perform project development and implementation across North America with customers to ensure business strategy, deliverables are met and objectives are clearly defined and conformed to best practices.
Hexagon Metrology (formally known as Brown & Sharpe MFG), Wixom, MI 2001 to 2009
• Single point of contact for strategic planning of project implementation across North America with customers to ensure business strategy, deliverables are met and objectives are clearly defined and conformed to best practices.
• Created statement of work, scope of work, identify risks, establish project milestones and timeline for project stakeholders. Establish and direct meetings to review scope of work and timeline with the trades people, contractors, manufacturing facilities, sales, engineering, training, and service departments. Furthermore, provide, review and modify (Auto Cad) machine layout, facility and foundation drawings with the customer and engineering to insure full understanding and accuracy of the CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) requirements.
• Created RFI, RFP and RFQ's and directed bidder conferences, proposal reviews, contract negotiations and vendor selection to plan the necessary resources and equipment that will be needed to successfully launch and complete the project on time and within budget.
• Maintain communication with stakeholders to advise of new issues, change requests and problem resolution. Track project progress and development with assigned staff for continuous improvement in time management, lean manufacturing and cost reduction (8D,5S, Six Sigma, Kaizen and TQM practices). In addition to creating certificate of acceptance and be responsible for all project variance resolution, reports, run offs ( PPAP's, Kanban's or similar variations with some of the clientele).
Hexagon Metrology, Wixom, MI 1996 to 2001
• Strategic planning for new business resulting in a half million dollars in revenue annually while providing managerial duties for sales initiatives and staff direction nationwide in servicing and maintaining existing accounts. Accountable for scheduling, deliveries, technicians, equipment, continuously interfacing with customers, training curriculum, evaluations reviews, and merit level salaries based on training and efficiency.
• Tactical responsibilities include: profit & loss accountability, maintaining parts inventory (JIT), dispatching, distributing required parts to customer to ensure minimal down time, using Six Sigma practices to the profit and loss responsibility of the business unit, that entailed the manufacturing facility and service operations to continuous improvement of lean manufacturing, best practices, cycle time, cost savings and meet or surpass the deliverable metrics.
Hexagon Metrology, Wixom, MI 1994 to 1996
Field Service Engineer
• Onsite project manager/engineer for the installation, repair, retrofit and calibration of coordinate measuring machines. This encompassed managing the trades and contractors. In addition to being held accountable for the mechanical build, rewiring (electrical up to 480 3ph & pneumatics), repair of electronics and understanding metrology.
• Manage and implement all software installation and upgrades while maintaining appropriate compatibility with their peripheral systems.
The George David Company, West Hartford, CT
Field Service Technician
• Install and repair PC's, cash registers, copiers and fax machines. Furthermore, performed all networking installations, both hardware and software including their peripherals on the PC's and cash registers.
• Developed curriculum and training manuals to help assist me in training personnel in house and in the field. In addition, trained the customer base on operation of the equipment and software.
Star Copier Service, South Windsor, CT
Vice President of Sales and Services
• Built this successful company with my business partner from the ground up. Accountable to manage sixteen professionals and conduct all interviewing, training, profit & loss, operation, and administrative functions to establish intuitive verbal and written abilities that contribute daily to success in staff and client relations.
• Mentor and instruct professional staff, keeping them motivated, highly trained, and focused while improving job satisfaction, and performance efficiency. Delivering top-notch service to clients while managing multiple assignments, in different locations due to clear standard operating procedures developed to maximize productivity and sales.
CopyTex Inc., Tolland, CT
Field Service Technician and Trainer
• Repaired Mita and Canon copier lines, typewriters, and word processors and trained new personnel in the field.
Ev-Rite Tool, Westfield, MA
• Built prototype Machines for Spalding and Diamond Match Company. In addition to normal piece work using typical equipment such as Bridgeport's, Lathe's, Grinder's, Jig's etc. Also have some CNC experience.
Bachelor of Science (Business Management), 2002
University of Phoenix, Livonia, MI
Associates in Electronic and Computer Technology
Computer Processing Institute, East Hartford, CT
Honor Student, Tutor, Lab Assistant
HS Diploma in Machine Tool and General Studies
Westfield Vocational High School, Westfield, MA
Honor Student and Recipient of Citizenship Award
Professional Training & Certificates
• In process for PMP accreditation, ID number 1463369.
• Six Sigma Black Belt, 2000, Six Sigma Integration, Inc., Hexagon Metrology, North Kingstown, RI
• MS Project, 2001 Comp USA, Ann Arbor, MI
• Proficient in all MS Office products. (includes Access, Outlook, Project, Project Server, Publisher and Visio.). Intermediate user of Auto Cad AS 400 and Mini Tab.
Industry related Seminars / Courses
Management Dynamics - Personal Organizational Behavior - Total Quality Management
The Psychology of Negotiating - Group Dynamics - Motivation and Self Awareness
Time Management Administration - How to Motivate People - Team Building
Conflict Resolution I - Stress in the Workplace - Women in Management
Human Rights in the Work Place - Communicate with Confidence
Hank Fresch, Hammond Kinetics, Sales Engineer 614-***-**** – email@example.com
Kevin Paradis, Ford Motor Company, Vehicle Operations, 313-***-**** – firstname.lastname@example.org
James VanMeer, Hexagon Metrology, Service Manager, 248-***-**** – email@example.com