• Technically sophisticated and talented IT professional powered with 20 plus years of experience in system management, network security, including installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
• Proven ability in directing successful IT departments and technical support programs by implementing effective strategies to optimize processes and elevate efficiency while ensuring compliance with policies and regulatory standards.
• Exhibit superior talents in delivering simultaneous, mission-critical projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost.
• Known for keen eye to detail with extreme capability to multitask in fiercely competitive, multi-platform and fast-paced environments.
• Currently possess active Top Secret-Special Compartment Investigation Security Clearance. TS/SCI
L-3, DISA Europe Stuttgart, Germany
Intermediate INFOSEC Analyst 2007-Present
• Render high level of assistance to the DISA Europe Theater Network Operations Center Network Defense (TNC NETDEFENSE EUROPE).
• Support the information warfare analysis of two United States Combatant Commands, the European Command (USEUCOM), United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM), US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Central Command (USCENTCOM) and NATO.
• Conduct operational and technical analysis for network security issues, configuration management for customers, computer forensics and follow-on analysis.
• Analyze intrusion logs and system processes to prevent possible hacker activity and enforce security changes.
• Employ the following Information Assurance (IA) tools on a daily basis to support intrusion analysis: ArcSight Correlation Engine, SiteProtector, Argus, Wireshark, Snort Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/Analysis Console for Intrusion Databases (ACID) and JAS.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of IA tools and related products, Retina Vulnerability Scanner, Vulnerability Management System (VMS), DISA Gold Disk, Host Base Security System (HBSS), Remedy and LanGuard vulnerability scanner, to continuously monitor the United States of America, Department of Defense classified and unclassified information networks.
• Perform network security monitoring; system analysis on various operating systems (OS) platforms, such as Windows 2003/2008/XP/7, Solaris UNIX and Linux; identify suspicious and malicious activities and track all events and incidents within the European theatre.
• Closely monitor Secure Shell connectivity and processes for Network Intrusion Detection systems and execute corrective action as necessary.
• Ensure network security for the European Standardized Tactical Entry Points (STEP) and analyze Cisco router and firewall logs for signs of unauthorized access.
• Fulfill expanded responsibilities, such as system maintenance, backups, auditing and performance monitoring for all local/remote LINUX/UNIX assets and archiving of Joint Intrusion Detection logs.
• Partake in the development of shell scripts for system administration, file/software distribution and data retrieval/extraction, automation of intrusion analysis functions and remote network intrusion monitoring.
• Serve as an integral part of a team responsible for managing the Source Fire IDS systems, MacAfee IDS systems and Securify IDS platforms.
• Propose innovative recommendation on IA solutions to network security issues based on understanding of how products and services interrelate and support the IA mission and requirements of the user.
• Innovate IA solutions to DOD customer problems based on understanding of how products and services interrelate and support the DOD IA mission and the viewpoints of consumers of those products and services.
• Alleviate IA problems through demonstration of comprehensive familiarity with major IA products and services, including the disciplines of IA to identify and document vulnerabilities, assess impact of events and incidents and suggest methods of damage control.
• Complete daily reports describing findings and utilized Ticket Managing System (TMS) Ticketing tracking trends/findings for in-depth analysis.
• Conceptualize and implement new Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs aka standard operating procedures, SOPs); review and modify existing related documentation.
• Meticulously evaluate work products for correctness and adherence to design concepts and DOD standards.
• Preside over the hotline support for all computer security incidents while simultaneously providing regional INFOSEC guidance.
L-3, ECJ8-R, HQEUCOM Patch Barracks Stuttgart, Germany
Senior Systems Engineer, Information Technology 2003-2007
• Applied dynamic leadership talents on global security in protecting USEUCOM interests, $30B in assets and thousands of personnel in support of Theater Engagement Planning (TEP) objectives in Europe.
• Provided expert oversight in day-to-day operational aspects of security and connectivity, from system installation to configuration and ongoing system management.
• Initiated the development and implementation of security programs, extending telecommunications and information protection to intellectual property, contractors, personnel, travel, special events and daily operational concerns.
• Enforced Information System Security policies and procedures while adhering to applicable regulations.
• Diligently managed all systems related to Theater Operations Analysis Detachment (TOAD) covering deployment, planning and analysis of information for use by decision makers and key stakeholders (Commanders and European Joint Chiefs).
Northrop Grumman, HQ EUCOM, ECCS-OR, Patch Barracks Stuttgart, Germany
System Engineer 1999-2003
• Oversaw a crucial system providing confidential and secure information to 50 analysts and European Joint Task Force command.
• Supervised daily activities in a multi-platform IT/IS environment serving the entire United States European Command comprised of a secure NT server and 60 Windows servers and workstations operating in a Windows network environment.
• Primarily held responsible for the connectivity, uninterrupted operations and system security as well as component-level repair and user support
• Systematically installed, configured, updated and maintained the entire infrastructure.
• Dealt with TOAD software applications inclusive of Tactical Warfare, Joint Flow and Analysis System for Transportation (JFAST) and DART models.
• Directed and coordinated related equipment inventories and logistics and confidential information storage, management and disposal.
HQ US European Command, ECCS-AS, Patch Barracks Stuttgart, Germany
System Administrator, GS-9 1995-1999
• Established and implemented system policies, user profiles and network security for unit Windows NT server.
• Entrusted as system administrator and personal computer (PC) administrator for over 60 Windows servers and workstations on a Windows network, providing continuous automation support to 50 operational research analysts.
• Spearheaded the installation and configuration of Microsoft BackOffice components on Windows Server; new computers; and PC software
• Earned distinction for knowledgeably managing the hardware/software systems supporting in-house and the Theater Operations Analysis Detachment (TOAD) deployable analysis cell of ECCS-AS.
o TOAD brings operations analysis tools, such as Tactical Warfare, JFAST and DART models to the field in support of Joint Task Force commanders executing contingencies or non-combatant evacuation operations (NEO).
• Masterfully led PC/workstation configurations with unit NT servers and base Novell servers.
• Handled routine preventive and corrective maintenance; tested and monitored network activities as well as maintained necessary support and configuration documentation for all computer equipment.
• Pivotal in installing, testing and troubleshooting IA systems in accordance with established policy, procedures, test plans and guidance.
• Complied with standardization, anti virus and security guidelines for all personal computers maintained.
Almeda University Boise, Idaho, USA
Coursework in Information Technology 2002
• Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC) ID# 1105642
• GCIA: GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst ID#1142459
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) ID# 93817
• CompTIA Security + Certified Professional ID# COMP001003306618
• Certified Ethical Hacker CEH #ECC960516
• Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) NT 4.0, 2003 ID# 1403355
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) ID# 1403355
• Microsoft Certified Professional + I ID# 1403355
• CompTIA Linux (candidate)
• Windows 2003 Systems and Networks Certified Professional
• Microsoft Systems Management Server, Exchange Server and Networking Essentials
• CBT Systems CD Training for Microsoft Certification for Windows 2003
• CBT CD Training for Internetworking: Bridges, Switches and Routers
• PC Advanced Troubleshooting and Repair | Vulnerability Management System (VMS) | Developing a Web Site
• Windows 2003 Workstation and Server / Optimization and Troubleshooting
• Advanced PC Configuration, Troubleshooting and Data Recovery
• Windows 2003 Beta Implementing, Security, Planning and Deployment and Hands-On
• Advanced Networking II (Windows Security) | Network Intrusion Fundamentals | Hands-On Hacking
• DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP) Course
• Information Security Officer (ISSO) Introduction to Information System Security
• Introduction to Cryptology | Introduction to Routers and Network Security | UNIX Hands-On Introduction
• Training Camp 14-Day Accelerated MCSE Training Program | DOD Information Assurance Awareness
• CBT CCNA 640-801 | DISA/INFO UNIX Security for Systems Administrators
• DOD DISA NET OPS Certified Web Base Training | DOD DISA PKI 101 Information Assurance support Environments
• DISA SCR1 Hercules V4 Operators Training | DOD Information Assurance Level I/II | HBSS Host Base Security System
• ISC2 | ISACA | SANS