AVA C AVA N A U G H
FASHION DESIGNER / MERCHANDISER
Los Angeles, CA firstname.lastname@example.org 760-***-**** hHps://www.avakcavanaugh.com SUMMARY
Young crea+ve, seeking an opportunity to learn and contribute my skills and professional experience to an innovated design team. I have 3 years of industry experience as well as 4 years in fashion educa+on. I am an organized and dedicated team player with the ability to meet deadlines.
- MicrosoC Programs: Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Adobe Programs: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Technical skills in Sewing, PaLern Making, Tex+les, Tech packs (NGC), CAD (Gerber) EDUCATION
FIDM Fashion Ins+tute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles, CA Bachelor of Arts Major: Business Management (Menswear Design Focus) Oct 2019 - March 2021 FIDM Fashion Ins+tute of Design & Merchandising Los Angeles, CA Associate of Art Major: Apparel Industry Management July 2017 - March 2019 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
INVENTORY ASSOCIA TE Aritzia Los Angeles, CA May 2019 - Current
• As a member of the Retail Merchandising team, I help curate merchandise assortment and present our product in the most inspiring way for our clients.
• Improve and maintain a beau+ful and func+onal store environment for clients and team members on the sales ﬂoor, in the ﬁang rooms, at the cash desk or in the backroom. DESIGN P AID INTERN Johnny Was Los Angeles, CA Feb 2019 - August 2019
• Helped prep and coordinate mee+ngs which included boards for the season, picking colors, and gathering new developments
• Improved the teams workﬂow by organizing trims, fabrics, and garments, and assisted designers with puzzling artwork
TECHNICAL DESIGN ASSIST ANT Halston Heritage Los Angeles, CA Oct 2018 - Dec 2019
• Assisted the Technical Design Department with the construc+on/organiza+on of Tech Packs and FIT Checks ASSIST ANT STYLIST Sage Billick San Diego, CA Jan 2017 - June 2017
• Assisted Sage in organizing and seang up photoshoots.
• Assisted in styling full looks for clients varying from ready-to-wear, accessories, and leather goods at high-end designer shops/bou+ques at South Coast Plaza
NA TIONAL CHARITY LEAGUE - August 2011 - May 2017
NCL mission is to foster mother-daughter rela+onships in a philanthropic organiza+on commiLed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.