bala diviya balasubramanian
Supply Chain Management - SIOP
A driven and self-motivated engineer with 6 years of experience in Sales Inventory Operation Planning for manufacturing/ Non manufacturing companies using Lean manufacturing and 5S methodology. Comfortable in communicating and working with other teams and stake holders to ensure realization of organization goals. Key Responsibilities
• Preparation of time and action calendar for each order from order receiving to shipment.
• Forecasting yearly budget based on the business model, Capacity,Customer requirement and sales history (if any)
• Analyzing production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
• Control the material requirements, as per BOM's, manufacturing sequence, assembly and production work flow.
• Capacity and Load planning based on inventory and daily production targets.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual production plans with respect to all 4Ms of manufacturing.
• Analyzing and adjusting monthly MRP planning parameters.
• Managed a team of 13 who played various roles in Planning Purchase Inventory and Wholesale
• Determination of periodic production costs including pass through product cost.
• Preparation of production reports, productivity reports, cost analysis graphs and delivery charts that help organization see and do better.
• Ability to determine the production methodology (make-to-stock or make-to-order) for a given product. Knowledge Of
Production part approval process (PPAP),
Statistical process control (SPC),
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA),
Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE),
Control Plan, Lean Manufacturing System,
Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP)
Supplier Quality Manual (SQM)
RPN (Risk Priority Number)
• Understanding the business and
company’s Vision Mission
• Ability to practice process improvements
using Heijunka Process and Kanban
• NPD and Vendor Relation ship.
• Improving inventory turns by Lean
• Thorough and precise
• Microsoft Office - Word
• PLC, SCADA, LAB View,
Tricolor Holdings El Monte California (Sep 2019 – May 2020) – Manager Supply Chain Management
• Responsible for Yearly Plan and Budget by creating a forecast model
• Worked closely with Buy team in directing them for getting cars which sell better in the market
• Played a major role in developing a Loan model and buy model with a 3rd party Analytics
• Reduced the transportation cost by 50% by getting new sources
• Developed a loss model for wholesale team which leads to improvement in retail inventory by 5%
• Developed KPIs for the team and daily weekly goals in order achieve good productivity during remote working 9to5 Seating, Hawthorne, California (Oct 2018 – Sep 2019) – Supply Chain Management Specialist
• Played a major role in developing MRP system for Fabrics.
• Sourced local vendors for overseas parts.
• Worked closely with purchase team to improve the inventory turns.
• Improved on time delivery for the models handled
• Scheduled production plan for Tennessee plant remotely.
• Coordinated with Vendors in prioritizing backlog orders during critical phases. bala diviya balasubramanian
Supply Chain Management - SIOP
• Implemented Kanban system for consumables.
• Coordinated open PO reports with domestic vendors. 9to5 Seating, Hawthorne, California (Oct 2017 – Sep 2018) – Master Production Scheduler
• Prepared overall production plans for the Hawthorne manufacturing facility.
• Created forecasts for Tennessee and China factories based on marketing team inputs.
• Responsible for creating work orders based on the resource capacity and delivery schedule
• Handled special projects across Tennessee and Hawthorne manufacturing facilities.
• Monitored ATP (Available to Promise) plans for the Hawthorne facility Hitachi Automotive India Pvt. Ltd, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India (Feb 2015 – Nov 2015) - PPC Engineer
• Supported overall, annual and half yearly production plans by material follow up including interaction with primary plant in Japan.
• Organized monthly review meetings, maintain portfolio, knowledge in capacity planning and manpower utilization.
• Played a major role in Implementing ASTOM-G system, which supports Production, Planning, Purchase, Production, Sales and Marketing and Inventory.
NS Instruments India Pvt. Ltd, Tada, Andhra Pradesh, India (Nov 2012 – Jan 2015) – PPC Engineer
• Designed and executed annual, quarterly and monthly production plan.
• Maintained Plan Vs Actual, Customer Plan Vs Pull Reports and KPI’s like Adherence of Internal Plan and Customer Plan, Overall Production Summary, Demand Bias, Inventory Turn down Ratio and Traceability of the parts.
• Played a major role in Implementing PSI system, which supports Production, Planning, Purchase, Production and Inventory.
• Presented Technical papers at national level conference on “Nano Transistors” and “Health Monitoring System using VI”
• Awarded as Best Outgoing Student in both School and College. Education
Bachelor of Engineering – Instrumentation and Control – Sethu Institute of Technology, Virudhunagar. 2005-2008:
Higher Education – O.C.P.M Higher Secondary School for girls, Madurai Contact Information
Bala Diviya Balasubramanian
Torrance, CA 90505