ALFRED FERDINAND RUSSEL RAJAN
MBA candidate with a specialization in Business Analytics and prior experience as a Web Developer/Business Analyst, with consistent success in achieving targets across multiple projects with proven effectiveness in cross-functional collaboration in a leading multinational corporation aspiring to become a global manager. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Master of Business
Kent State University,
Major: Business Analytics Graduation
(Expected): May 2020
Major: Mechanical Engineering Graduation: May 2013 PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Cognizant Technology Solutions Sep 2013 – June 2017 Associate Location: Kochi, India Sep 2016 – June 2017
• Provided customer service to clients like Direct Energy, XL Catlin through web development and administered production support on a 24x7 basis by ensuring uninterrupted service.
• Oversaw web and database support to the Direct Energy operations team that included functionalities like consumer billing, processing of inbound/outbound EDI files.
• Translated high-level customer requirements and ideas into actionable technical modules and estimated the timelines needed to execute the requirements in order to achieve project deliverables.
• Led Programmer Analysts and Programmer Analyst Trainees on two different projects and was responsible for the training and onboarding of new Programmer Analyst Trainees to help them adapt to the corporate culture.
• Collaborated with teams from different technical backgrounds to ensure high-quality product delivery and handled knowledge transition by setting up regular meetings and creating detailed documentation of both functional and non- functional requirements.
Programmer Analyst Location: Kochi, India Oct 2014 – Aug 2016
• Developed and provided production support to multiple large-scale enterprise web applications that served as an infrastructure data dashboard for over 64 facilities across India.
• Showcased strong analytical skills while applying complex logic to automate Building Management System from a manual monitoring process to an automated process, which reduced the cost of labor by approximately 30%.
• Managed projects with minimum supervision that involved client requirements while delivering the same with compliance to Cognizant policy and was able to meet and exceed all expectations.
• Developed Business Requirement Documents and User Stories based on requirements and performed analysis of relevant metrics to identify risk areas that call for continuous improvement.
• Secured First Place in ‘Technology T20 – The Battle of Technovation Titans’ event during the FY 2015-16.
• Won the “Rising Star Award” for being able to learn, adapt and perform exceptionally over a short span of time during the FY 2015-2016.
Programmer Analyst Trainee Location: Chennai, India Sep 2013 – Sep 2014
• Developed a web application that was launched over 20 facilities across 7 cities in India exclusive for the inhouse gym users, which facilitates both registration and social networking.
• Assisted Senior Project members with project tasks and requirements by applying technical knowledge, skills and partnered with the Quality Assurance team to validate front end system functionality. PART-TIME EXPERIENCE
Kent State University Location: Kent, Ohio May 2019 – Present Lab Technician (College of Business Administration - IT support)
• Provide end-user technical support to the College of Business Administration’s academic and/or administrative staff and student employees which involves over 350 systems including 4 computer labs and help students overcome technical adversities.
• Assist in the design and implementation of interactive smart classrooms and aid the faculty in using the interactive equipment.
• Maintain documentation of all business processes, troubleshooting processes and installation scripts through GitHub.
• Facilitate the recording of live lectures and assist in making it appropriate for online courses.
• Collaborate with teammates to prepare reports using Power BI and SharePoint applications summarizing day to day business activities and requirements.
Graduate School Project Predict Churn Rate for Verizon December 2019
• Developed a predictive model (87% accuracy) with the help of R to predict and identify the potential churn customers, using Logistic regression.