UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHARLOTTE, NC, USA AUG 2018 - DEC 2019
Master of Science in Engineering Management GPA: 3.4/4 Relevant coursework: Deterministic System Analysis, Stochastic Analysis, Technology Forecasting, and Decision Making, Linear Programming, Advanced Project Management, Computational Intelligence, Lean Six Sigma, Supply Networks
SIR M. VISVESVARAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, KA, INDIA AUG 2011 - JUL 2015 Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science GPA: 3.3/4 Relevant coursework: Software Architectures, System Modelling, and Simulation, JAVA and J2EE, Object-Oriented Modeling, Information Systems, Operating Systems, Management, and Entrepreneurship SKILLS
· ANALYTICAL: Tableau, Prescriptive Analysis and Decision Optimization, Predictive Analysis, Time Series Forecasting, Linear Regression Forecasting, ARIMA, Artificial Neural Networks, Customer Analysis, Decision- making, Market Research, User Acceptance Testing, Project Management ACADEMIC PROJECTS
· Created an application for optimizing the paths for UAVs to track the defects in the power lines. It’s a combinatorial optimization framework that produces a general Travelling Salesman Problem coupled with mixed-integer linear programming. The problem statement is programmed in Python and optimized with Gurobi Optimizer.
· Analyzed the potential impact and studied the vulnerability to operations by performing Short term load forecasting under data attacks, sponsored by the US Department of Energy and Brookhaven National Laboratory.
· Implemented a Multi-Layer Perceptron (MLP) Network and evaluated its performance. Identified the assumed relationship between the variables for the short-term prediction of the model load data using Artificial Neural Networks with MATLAB.
· Carried out an intensive study to understand the complexities of the Product Development Lifecycle and Supply Chain Management to strategize the product development of the new MacBook Pros by Apple Inc in Austin, TX.
· Applied DMAIC, Lean and Project Management methodologies to complete a project in HDT Global for implementing improvements in their upstream processes. Facilitated Kanban, kaizens and established better KPIs by performing in-depth SWOT analysis.
TESCO PLC, KA, INDIA AUG 2015 - JUL 2018
Software Engineer/Scrum Master
- Headed the technical team’s communication with the stakeholders, mainly involved in requirement gathering and resolving inconsistencies in the business requirements plan.
- Carried out an intensive market research to understand the latest trends, customer needs and preferences.
- Headed a cross-functional team, working along with third-party vendors to successfully migrate data from legacy systems into an in-house database. Thereby, transformed data of suppliers from 13 countries into logical entities.
- Involved in building an access management system which authorizes over 100k users and used across 24 teams.
- Acted as a Scrum Master, overlooking the Software Development Lifecycle using Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Used the domain-driven model approach in Microservice architecture. Established Internationalization for the supplier data that was received in .csv feeds. Made the supplier journey and payment process easy and faster leading to a 14.7% increase in supplier engagement.
- Played a crucial role in the product team to create a Product Strategy Framework to offer custom-made promotions to the consumers for online grocery shopping. Successful implementation of which resulted in the 5.1% growth of sales by the end of the financial year 2018. EXTRACURRICULAR
· Awarded “Most Versatile team member” award consecutively for two years at Tesco Bengaluru/UK offices.
· Active member of the Women in Technology organization. 704-***-****
LinkedIn : Tarfa Asima
10184 Parkwood Drive, Apt – 7,
Cupertino, CA - 95014