Specialist in Accounts Payable
Brampton, ON Mauritius
Young Bilingual hardworking employee who is self-motivated and dedicated to make a meaningful difference. Having on-hands experience using computerized accounts packages and is knowledgeable about accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the process of maintaining general ledgers. Furthermore I have no trouble maintaining good working relationship with colleagues and day-to-day work contacts. I have the ability to actively participate as a member of a team to move forward the completion of goals.
Accounts Payable and Receivable Clerk
Target wholesale - Mississauga, ON
November 2019 to March 2020
• Develops and maintains a filing system for financial information, files, and records in order to ensure availability of financial documentation.
• Collects and verify invoices, bills, and checks by performing pre-audits to ensure both accuracy and appropriateness prior to payment.
• Corresponds with vendors, maintains updated vendor profiles, and processes vendor checks.
• Data entry of invoices and bills to ensure payments
• Issues checks for accounts payable.
• Process payment on system for account Receivables Accounts Clerk ( AP & AR)
Alliott (Mauritius) Ltd - Port louis
May 2014 to October 2019
• Payment of invoices
• Sending out invoices
• Bank reconciliation
• Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
• Updates receivables by totalling unpaid invoices.
• Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
• Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
• Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line, coordinating contact with collections department.
• Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
• Supports accounting operations by filing documents, reconciling statements, and running software programs.
• Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with the general ledger.
• Maintains accounting databases by entering data into the computer and processing backups.
• Prepares, prints and mails invoices to customers.
• Applies special rates and discounts to certain bills to ensure proper credit terms are on each bill.
• Posts customer's payments into the accounts receivable system and verifies that the correct customer's account is credited with the correct amount.
• Reviews financial data, corrects any discrepancies and reconciles accounts.
• Discusses invoices and accounts with customers.
• Makes phone calls to customers who are delinquent on their bills and arranges payment plans with them.
Ontario Secondary School Graduate
• QUICKBOOKS PRO (5 years)
• INVOICING (5 years)
• MS OFFICE (5 years)
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Data Entry
Skills & Languages:
• QuickBooks Pro
• Microsoft Office
• Everest software