Redmond, WA 660-***-**** email@example.com
• Around 4 years' software professional experience with strong understanding of evaluating Data Sources, Data Warehouse/Data Mart, data cleansing and data staging of operational sources.
• Carried out data manipulation, data cleaning, dealt with missing records and consolidated data for analysis and selected the appropriate visualization techniques.
• Developed ETL packages and customize database applications by coding in SQL Server to handle large amount of structured and unstructured data. Application maintenance was added responsibility.
• Design, create, modify and review database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions etc.) to support development projects.
• Involved in writing U-SQL scripts from COSMOS to extract text files (binaries) and dump into structured streams.
• Experience in creating visually impactful dashboards in Excel and Power BI for data reporting by using pivot tables, custom visuals for developing reports and communicating insights to stakeholders.
• Quality analysis of reports built by different team members and troubleshooting errors before deployment for testing through continuous interactions with Business Analysts.
• Involved in development operations - incident resolution, production support, code deployments, application availability and performance, data reconciliation, scalability improvement opportunities, test plan creation, automation procedures and framework in data integration and training support.
• Identify bottlenecks and defects, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these data discrepancies issues between different systems and fix them or suggest solutions to fix them. Professional Experience
Data Engineer Infosys/ Microsoft (Redmond, WA) Feb 2018 – Present
• Responsible for collection of requirements by collaborating with project managers, development teams for UI Design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance throughout SDLC.
• Identify database requirements by interviewing stakeholders, analyzing department dashboards, programming, and operations. Evaluating existing systems and designing proposed proto-type systems.
• Involved in creating dynamic well-organized, accurate and insightful reports/dashboards using slicers, filters, calculated columns, conditional formatting and drill down properties to support strategic decisions.
• To automate all the manual efforts the team is putting into the reporting visualization and build an organized visualization structure which is not people dependent.
• Design, build and maintain ETL code that includes transformation of data into various formats for storage, data quality, testing and validation methods.
• Designed Data Factory pipelines to ingest data from Azure SQL DB to on prem SQL Server databases using different activities in Azure Data Factory.
• Analyze and interpret SQL stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, indexes in MS SQL Server 2017.
• Configured scope scripts in data studio by using job scheduler to integrate daily import of data from COSMOS.
• Involved in implementing transaction logs, error logs and snapshot data in Kusto DB.
• Experience in automation of administrative tasks like creating maintenance plans, creating Jobs, alerts using SQL Server agent and monitoring and troubleshooting the jobs. BI Developer Annik INC/Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) Sep 2016 – Jan 2018
• Applying DevOps model, strong collaboration with software engineering and operation teams to take inputs about current backlog, analyze and drive the changes towards service improvements for better user experience.
• Involved in complete SSIS life cycle in creating SSIS packages, building, deploying and executing the packages in both the environments(Development and Production).
• Involved in supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft End clients who can face issues while connecting to SSAS cubes, MS Sales Data, Starlight DB etc.
• Developed dashboards which provides insights on different level of visualization’s on top of the cubes as per user views/requirements and published Power BI reports to workspace and scheduled the dataset for automatic refresh and configured an alert system If refresh fails.
• Migrated reports from excel to Power BI whose source of data transitioned from old sharepoint folder to new sharepoint folder.
• Created views, constraints, stored procedure, temp tables, CTEs and effective DDL/DML and calling them whenever required in the .Net Code with the help of SQL Server.
• Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them. Contribute to design and code reviews, ensuring the team ships high quality, scalable, maintainable and well-tested code.
• Provide training and write documentation that allow operations engineers to understand and support the systems.
SQL Developer Tripod Software Solutions (HYD,IND) Feb 2014 – Dec 2014
• Experience in creating SSIS packages to extract data from different sources like SQL Server, MS Excel, Sharepoint, transform and then load into Dimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
• Performed data cleansing to remove unnecessary columns, eliminate redundant and inconsistent data by using SSIS transformations.
• Created DML Triggers to restrict data manipulation events on certain business hours.
• Created Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions to facilitate the automation of data entry by front end application.
• Implemented error & failure handling in SSIS packages using event handlers, row redirects and check points.
• Increased query performance, by optimizing the performance of various SQL scripts, stored procedures and triggers by identifying slow running queries using SQL Profiler. Technical Stack
ETL Data Flow, Control Flow and Transformations in SSIS, Azure Data factory
Databases SQL Server, Microsoft Big Data (COSMOS), MS Azure SQL, MS Excel
Data Validation, Cleansing, Aggregations T-SQL commands, Stored Procedure, User Defined Function, Error Handling
Data Analytics & Reporting with Power BI Pro Custom DAX queries, Custom M code, Custom Visuals Programming/Scripting Languages T-SQL, C#, U-SQL
Integrated Development Environment IDE Visual studio, SSDT, SSMS, Data Studio Version Control GIT and VSO (Task Management)
• M.S in Computer Science 2016
• Bachelor’s in Engineering 2014