DR. PRADIP DAS
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 91 – 20 – 30693604 (9.30 to 16.30 hr.)
Objective: I am interested to accept challenges for senior level position in Library and Document Management in hi-tech Digital Library/Learning Resource Centre or Knowledge Management and Online Literature Survey through E-resources. With experience and full confidence in other fields of TPM Co-ordination, Training Management, ISO 9000 and 14000, 18000 Documentation, HR Recruitment, Environment Management & Garden Development and with my zeal for hard work, I will evidently add value to reputed organization. I would like to reach a position where my experiences aid in organizational excellence and get the avenues for continued professional and personal growth. PROFESSIONAL SNAPSHOT
27+ years of experience in Library Management, Information Dissemination, Knowledge sharing & management, Literature survey, E-resource services/ management. Expert in Accreditation process (AICTE, NAAC, NBA etc.), media/books procurement, cataloguing, circulation.
Have sound knowledge of developing & managing convenient, accessible and cost-effective information services that are aligned with the strategic directions of the organization.
Training interventions at various level in hierarchy of Group for 5 units in my previous organization.
Co-rodinating the TPM (Total Productivity Maintenance) for 5 units in my previous organization.
Maintenance of ISO documents, updating according to the requirements of ISO audits. Project Documentation, ISO internal auditing, Budgeting, Distributing the flow of resources in various field. CORE COMPETENCIES
Library Management : Planning, Budgeting, Organizing and updating library resources in Libsys/Libsuite and Online database, E-Resource services like Proquest, EBSCO, IEEE Explore (IEL Online), Gartner, E-brary, ISI Emerging Market, Harvard Business Review, CEIC Databases, Crisil, Captaline, Jstore, J Gate, Manupatra, Mvxenius, Springer, ASME, McGrawHill, etc. Library automation/ digitalization, Reference, CAS, Online Queries services etc, Indexing, Abstracting services. Literature Survey for Users. Research publications.
Subscribing & Managing Periodicals and online databases resources; Providing Document Delivery Service (DDS); Library digitalization; Expert in Reference & Referral Service. Library accreditation audit for NBA, NAAC, AICTE. Classification, cataloguing, accessioning of documents, stock verification, OTHER COMPETENCIES
Training management: Need analysis, Competency Determination, Calendar preparation. Manpower Efficiency Development planning, control, troubleshooting, Skill development, Evaluation of training effectiveness.
Environment Management: Garden Decoration, Landscaping, Work & Purchase order preparation, Estimation of Work related Accounts, garden architecture & ornamentation, experimenting with new crops & flowers.
ISO internal Auditing. ISO – 9000, 14000 & 18000 Documentation, Project Documentation & safe custody for all project related documents.
Editing our In-house Journal : Collecting all achievements and managing news for publication. Accumulate all news and prepare a representative form. Research and related information coordinator. EMPLOYMENT RECITAL
1. Since May, 2014 with MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Institute of Design, Loni Kalbhor, Pune as Librarian
Leading the Library staff and Managing more than 6000 collection of books, 1650 project documents 955 DVD and CDs and 83 Journals and Magazine. Managing Materials Library for Film and Video, Fashion, Transportation, Architectural, Furniture, Product, Retail and Exhibition, Animation, Graphic, User Experience – design. Responsibilities :
Supervise duties of library trainees and library staffs.
Manage Library collections in Libsys Software.
Lead/Collaborate on library projects, training and staff development
Lead centralized acquisition and collection development of both books and e-resources for all the schools under MIT ADT University
Maintaining budget and expenditure report.
Acting as leader of selecting, renewing and Negotiating E-Resources, licensing agreements.
Monitoring class room teaching and workshops on Information Literacy, Literature Searching, Graduate Students skills and Database Instructions (All major Design and management and full-text resources).
Help to conduct accurate, comprehensive and cost-effective information research on various branch of design.
Blackboard support from Library for E-Learning.
Source, gather, filter, organize and coordinate access to the best selection of internally and externally produced Design related information resources as a part of Knowledge Management.
Library website design and content management.
Lead-Manage and monitor the hardware and software for the Library Management System.
Work with the faculty to integrate the library in teaching and learning process. Attainments:
Establish a Material library.
Create and edit metadata records on electronic resources, to maintain quality standards of the library catalogue in software.
Establishment of digital library and Knowledge management initiatives and information sharing services.
2. 18th Jul, 2011 to 29th April, 2014 with Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management and Engineering, under SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (A deemed to be University) as Dy. Librarian and a Line Manager for 12 staff members.
Library Administration, Automation and digitalization. Subscription of Magazines/Journals, Vendor Dealing. Libsys Monitoring and updating. E-resources Services, Library & Blackboard Orientation programme in every six months both for students and faculties. Conduct interactive session to inform effective use of online databases to Students and Faculties. Attainments:
IMS library Software system to Libsys system.
Blackboard Support for E-learning and to help students and faculties with ready reference sources like syllabus, Question papers, Guest lecture copies etc. Developed Library OPAC system.
A full-fledged E-resource Service has started. Organising Book Exhibition, Conference and Workshop
Develop and manage a streamlined and centralized acquisitions process.
Develop and maintain library policies.
Conducted National Workshop at NMIMS on “Managing Digital Objects and Data”, April 19-21,2012 as MDP.
3. June 2000 to July 14, 2011 with Vinyl Chemicals (I) Ltd. (Now Pidilite Industries Ltd.), Mahad Joined as Librarian & upgraded to the position of Executive – Library with three promotion Contributed in digitization & automation of library. Successfully managed environment related documentation, ISO 9000 documentation and auditing, Training & HR management jobs as additional responsibilities. Attainments:
Digitalize the Information Research Center with 6020 books and 150 magazines.
Introduce services like CAS, Indexing, Abstracting, infn. Retrieval.
Smooth Training management for 250 Employees, Arranging External /Internal Training.
Co-rodinating the TPM (Total Productivity Maintenance) for all the units in Mahad Location.
Collected 35 tacit knowledge and organized those at explicit knowledge.
Sourcing, attracting, recruiting and on boarding qualified candidates with competitive backgrounds, managing and defining competitive salaries, identifying training and development opportunities and implementing processes to address them, performance management system, retention programme, managing promotions and transitioning. Practice and foster a culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Participate in development of electronic resources and new technologies, including portal resources for practice groups, access to electronic publications, and knowledge management initiatives.
4. Nov, 1993 – June, 2000 with United Phosphorus Ltd., Vapi as Executive – Documentation Modernized the Library of 7000 Books and 100 Journals, and CDs. by Classifying and Cataloguing. Done literature survey on at least 350 compounds & 25 finished products. Worked for ISO-9000 group in different type of documentation. Identified appropriate information technology to acquire, organize and disseminate information. Subscribing and maintaining research support vendor databases and document repositories improve by introducing Library OPAC. Incorporated new features which can enhance the usability and add value to customers. Attainments:
Library Expansion / Modernization of the library to change to Automated library
Production flow chart for new launched products
Enhance the reading habits for all R& D Scientists. Done Literature Survey for 350 Compounds, 25 have launched. PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENTS
1. Aug., 1999 to June, 2000 with GIDC Rofel Institute of Management Studies, Vapi as Part time Librarian
2. Aug., 1986 to June, 1989 with Balley Public Library, Balley as Library Assistant. ACADEMIA
Ph. D. M. B. A., (In HR), M. Phil in Library & Information Science, ADIS/DRTC = M. L. I. Sc., B. Sc. (Hons.In Chemistry) Sr. Examination passed Board / University Year Class / % of marks Remarks 1 Ph. D. Shri JJT University 2018 73.6% in Course work ** 2. M. B. A (In HRM) Kaizen School Of Business Management 2010 A+ Grade / 76% With distinction 3. M. Phil Madurai Kamaraj University 2007 1st Class/ 61% 1 Dissertation 4. ADIS*=M. Lib. Sc. Indian Statistical Institute. 1994 1st Class / 61.7% 2 Projects 5. B. Lib. Sc. Jadavpur University 1991 1st Class / 64.62% Ranked 3rd
* Associateship in Documentation and Information Science = M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. It is offered by Documentation Research & Training Center (DRTC), Bangalore.
** Thesis Title in Ph. D. : An Analytical Study of Knowledge Management in Organizations and its Impact on Libraries : In Context to Mumbai and Pune.
Achieved National Scholarship from Government of India.
Awarded with various on job certificates on Kaizen, Safety, Inter – state competition etc.
Achieved Best TPM leadership award in Pidilite Industries Limited PROJECTS AND PUBLICATIONS
In the Academic life :
1. Done Projects on :
1.1 “Thesaurus on Knowledge Representation”
1.2 “Research in Knowledge Representation”
1.3 “Knowledge Management in Industrial Library and its Impact in Industries” (In M. Phil. Degree)
In the Professional life :
1. Cumulative Indexing for Chemical Review and Organic Chemistry. 2. Production flow chart on various compounds.
3. MSDS preparation in uniform representation system for ISO 9000. 4. Information availability through Local Area Network as well to other location . 5. Classified and coded all project documents and arranged those in user friendly order in cupboard. 3. Published and Presented Paper on : (Attended all the conferences) 1. “Collection Development of Library & Constraints Analysis through Expert System”, in IASLIC '93 Conf. 2. “Computer Assisted Indexing”, in DRTC Annual Seminar, 1994. 3. “Knowledge Representation and Classification”, in DRTC Annual Seminar, 1994. 4. “The Trend of Application of Expert System in Information Technology”, in IASLIC Conference in 1995 5. .“The Role of Information for Socio-Economic Growth and Development”, in IASLIC Conference in 1996.. 6. “Promoting Online Databases/Electronic Resources: A Practical Experience”, in World Digital Library : An International Journal published by TERI, ISSN : 0974-567X Sept, 2013. 7. Contributed in Book Chapter “Implementing Knowledge Management in Industrial/Corporate Libraries : An Analytical Approach”. Title of Book – Information Management in the Digital Age, Edited by : B. K. More & B.U. Bandsude, Atharva Publication, 2014. ISBN : 978-93-84093-12-9 8. “Marketing of Library and Information Service” in UGC sponsored National Seminar at Kolhapur, August, 2015. 9. “Knowledge Management in Organization and its Impact on Organization” in International Journal of Next Generation Library and Technologies (ISSN 2395 – 5201), Vol., Issue 3, In Sept. 2015 10. “Change Management in Library : An Analysis”, in Multidisciplinary International Research Conference at Kolhapur, 10th Oct., 2015. Published in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (IJMR) (ISSN 2277- 9302) Vol. IV. Issue 6 (V).
11. “Status of Academic as well Industrial Librarians in Western India”, in International Conference Proceeding with ISBN. Organized by ASIALA (Asian Library Association) and Indian Institute of Management, Indore at Indore, during 14-16th April, 2016.
12. “Industrial or Corporate Library as a Knowledge Management Center”, in International Conf. on “Challenges and Opportunities in Library and Information Science and Academic Libraries” on 10th Dec., 2016. Published in Special Issue of Scholarly Research Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies, ISSN : 2319-4766. IF : 5.403 13. “The Important of Corporate Libraries in Learning Organization as a part of Knowledge Management”, in ‘Library Research World”, Vol ; 2, Issue : 2, Dec., 2016.
14. “Knowledge Management in Organization and the Library Services : A Practical Experience and Analytical Study”, in National Conference on Transforming India “Vision for Excellence” on 20th Jan, 2017. Published in Special Issue of Scholarly Research Journal for Inter-Disciplinary Studies, ISSN : 2319-4766; IF : 5.51 15. “Knowledge Management as Subject in Institute and its Impact on Institutional Libraries”, in International Conference on “Library: A Temple of Learning and Knowledge” held on 21st Jan., 2017. Published In GNIMS International e-Journal of Library Science, Vol : 4, Issue – 4, Dec. 2016. (ISSN : 2319992X), Imp. Factor : 3.216. 16. “Changing Role of Library and Information Professionals in context of Knowledge Management in Corporate Sector in Mumbai”, in International Conference of CGLA : RTCI-GPL, 2018 held on 9th & 10th February, 2018. Published the paper in Conference Volume with ISBN : 978-81-927360-9. 17. “Harvesting Knowledge and Library Information Professionals”, in International Conference of ICMBL-2018 held on 16the and 17th November, 2018. Published the paper in Conference Volume with ISBN : PROFICIENCY
Programming Language : C, PROLOG.
Word Processing : Word Star, Chi Writer, V-Text, Microsoft-word.
DBMS Packages : Libsys, Libsuite, Librarian, CDS/ISIS(3.0).
Spread-sheet package : Microsoft-excel, Lotus, Open Office Excel.
Presentation : Power-Point.
Operating Systems : MS-DOS(6.22), Windows.
NETWORK : Lotus Mail, STN & dialog search, WebOPAC, Outlook Express.
E Resources Services : Proquest, EBSCO, Manupatra, IEL Online, IEEE, Science Direct etc.
** Knowledge on Banner, PGM, Web based searches & Associated technologies, Scanning, OCR, Sales & marketing of technical information products and services
Mailing Address : A-304, A Wing, 3rd Floor, Sarthak Shantiniketan, Kadam Walk Wasti, Loni Kalbhor, Pune - 412201.
Permanent Address : At + Post – Jalaghata, Via – Singur, Dist–Hooghly, West Bengal, Pin – 712409. Date of Birth : 10th May, 1964 Marital Status : Married Passport number : No. : G8540175. Validity : 30 – 04 – 2018 (To be Renewed) Other Information : Notice Period – Three months Current Location : Loni Kalbhor, Pune Interest : Gardening, Recitation, Reading, Writing. Reference : 1. Dr. Goutam Saha, Vice President – Chemistry, TCG Life Science Limited
(Chembiotek), Salt Lake, Kolkata – 91. email@example.com 2. Dr. A. R. D. Prasad, HOD, DRTC, Indian Statistical Institute, 8th Mile Mysore, Road, R. V. College P. O., Bangalore – 59. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org 3. Dr. Sushanta Banerjee, Director, American Center, 38/A, Jawahar Lal Nehru Road, Kolkata – 700071 Tel: 983*******, E- mail: email@example.com Salary : Current : 10.80 Lacs P. A. Expected : Negotiable Strength : 1. Curiosity is my biggest trait. Learning continuously from different people and Sources 2. Flexibility to adapt to change and the ability to think laterally and deliver results are the other traits.
Other Skills : Leadership skills, Excellent oral and written communication and inter-personal skills. Exceptional team building, organisational and analytical skills coupled with demonstrated relationship management and communication abilities. Dr. Pradip Das