email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/jeffreyschiff INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ADMINISTRATOR Assist Users & Support Applications to Increase Performance and Proficiency Software administrator skilled in collaborating with users to acquire access to data necessary for reporting purposes. Trustworthy technical expert adept in resolving time-sensitive reporting issues and providing quality decisions. Take ownership and responsibility to expend time to assist users at workstations. Effective communicator skilled in supporting team via Sametime program, Outlook and phone. Cognos Suite of Reporting Microstrategy Version 10.4 Tableau Software AS400 Microsoft Access Oracle SQL Server ServiceNow Jira Aspect
BED BATH AND BEYOND, Union, NJ 1997 to 2019
Business Intelligence Administrator 2013 to 2019
Achieved permissions and enabled user community to receive access to sensitive data for strategic reporting using Microstrategy, Cognos Impromptu, AS400 and / or Microsoft Access software. Provided support necessary for the user community to produce reporting accurately and in a timely fashion.
● Worked with group within the user community that received new Surface Books but were not provided necessary information to do reporting. Assisted team and ensured all necessary software was installed.
● Assisted users to access AS400 tables using ODBC drivers.
● Expedited password resets over a 4-year period to access Bridal Registry dashboard.
● Provided users access to pertinent data on a daily basis as Microstrategy Administrator.
● Leading contact for Microsoft Access user community. Assisted users in resolving distinct reporting errors and provided help for user community to access the data. Assisted when necessary generating data using Visual Basic language.
● Assisted users that reported issues thru ServiceNow and JIRA. Key point person in weekly Change Management meetings to update BI Team with any upcoming changes that would affect user community. Business Analyst 1997 to 2013
Software administrator for Cognos Suite of Reporting. Provided more than 400 Impromptu catalogs for user community to access. Assisted users to acquire access to data necessary for reporting purposes from JDA/AS400 tables and using Microsoft Access software.
● Assisted user community in resolving errors attempting to run reporting. Added and troubleshooted ODBC driver installations and errors for Impromptu user community.
● Improved user’s productivity by reviewing reporting. Met with 1 user whose report was running more than 7 hours. After reviewing and making changes, report ran in under 7 minutes.
● Assisted Impromptu user in creating macro that produced report based upon user’s needs. Formatted report to user’s expectations.
MTV NETWORKS, New York City, New York, Business Analyst EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Communications, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY