Seeking a Horticulturist or equivalent position in a company where my skills and knowledge can be used and enhanced to the fullest.
● Research assistant at Regional Agricultural Research Station, Wayanad, Kerala (2017-2018) Worked as a research assistant at the station functioning under the Government of Kerala while handling several roles in the daily functioning of the facility, such as:
- Serving as the in charge of the farm block.
- Advising and providing training to the staff on farm practises like grafting, budding and other farm management practices.
- Performed oversight of plant nursery maintenance, managed nurseries that grow horticultural plants for sale to trade or retail customers, for display or exhibition, or for research.
- Labelled, mapped and took inventory of various plant collections.
- Assisting in the conduction of International Fruit and Flori Fest – 2018 at RARS.
- Providing training on Horticulture related topics to farmer groups, visitors, RAWE students, VHSE students, etc. who visit the station.
- Involvement in the conduct of International Workshop on Production, Value Addition, Marketing of Jackfruit at the station.
- Assisting self-help group members for production of quality planting material and for other farm practises.
- Managed a team of up to 30 employees simultaneously to oversee specific farm and garden activities.
- Controlled pests and diseases using chemical or biological controls.
- Execution and inventory management of fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, growth regulators and other planting materials in the block.
- Maintenance of attendance register of labour force in the entire facility. Particular projects handled
● Survey for the preparation of a directory of traditional paddy varities of Wayanad
Collected data from farmers’ fields of different regions of Wayanad district.
Compiled the data for preparation of directory.
● Design and landscaping of 100 sq.m. area for International Fruit & Flori Show - 2018
Responsible for selection, design, purchasing, installation and maintenance of ornamental plants for the show.
● Research assistant for the following projects:
NRC on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
Elite Black Pepper
on dependent visa
Course University/Board Year
B. Sc. Horticultue University of Horticutural Sciences, Bagalkot 2011-2015 Plus Two Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala 2010 SSLC Board of Public Examinations, Kerala 2008
Name : Nidha CK
Father’s name : Aboobacker CK
Date of Birth : 19-05-1993
Nationality : Indian
Gender : Female
Marital status : Married
Languages : English, Hindi, Malayalam, Urudu, Kannada References
- Dr. P. Rajendran
Associate Director of Research, RARS, Kerala Agriculure University, Wayanad Declaration
I hereby undertake that all the statements made above are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I am ready to furnish further details on request. Place: Al Ain, UAE NIDHA CK
Date: 17-11-2019 (sd)