Adam V. Frantz
To obtain a position as a sales or account manager that allows me to utilize my extensive experience in business to business sales with a company that has the support structure that will challenge me to learn more and grow market share for the company.
● 12 years of constant business to business sales and account management experience with Seven years’ constant in the automotive sector.
● A proven track record of growing relationship and market share with customers in the automotive field and direct with OEM’s that has led to record profits. Apr 2017-Feb 2019 LG Electronics Vehicle Components USA (Troy, MI) Account Manager
● Responsible for all account management on GM Telematics and Wireless Charger.
Diligently worked with GM purchasing to clean up issues from neglect on contracting, tooling, packaging, ED&D and EWO management.
Implemented a tracking system for program price or part number changes that is now used for all OEM’s at LGE.
Continuously updated business plan information to track yearly “give backs” to GM so that business plan was closed by January each year.
SSE Drive To Prime lead for all of LGEVU electronics.
● Implemented new customer setup for Ford, Nissan Toyota, Mercedes Benz, Daimler, Valeo, Yanfeng and Navistar.
Obtained EDI information for all OEM’s/suppliers and setup EDI/ASN systems for new customers in the local market.
Negotiated final terms and conditions for production contracts with OEM Toyota,
Gathered all information from OEM’s to set up credit limits, payment terms, banking, supplier portals and warehouse management systems.
● Managed all supply chain functions for Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes Benz, Daimler, Valeo, Yanfeng and Navistar in North America.
Implemented a supply chain tracking system that is used by two plants, one warehouse, the local LGEVU office and some members of HQ.
Constantly worked with the local warehouse to assure part delivery for four OEM’s and one tiered supplier.
Manage calls with a plant in Vietnam and China to assure part delivery for one OEM and one tiered supplier.
● Work direct with Ford, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, Daimler and Navistar purchasing managers.
Prepared and present portions of technical reviews with engineering and program management teams to work to understand each aspect of what the customer will see.
Negotiated new costs or reductions on engineering changes to obtain a positive profit for LG on each change.
● Corresponded with OEM/Tiered supplier production plants to assure part delivery for scheduled builds and SOP events.
Advised of any delays for pre-production or SOP events to assure a smooth kick off for each vehicle program LGE supplies a part to.
Maintained a steady flow of communication between all LGE production plants, myself and the OEM/tiered plants.
● In charge of bringing OEM’s on plant tours and on site new supplier evaluation visits.
Prepared several portions of new supplier documentation in conjunction with plants/HQ for on site visits from OEM’s.
Helped OEM’s and plants determine best practices through previous lessons learned on similar programs LGEVU has supplied previously.
2014-2017 N.S International Ltd. (Troy, MI)
Commercial Account Manager
● Obtained RFQ’s for new Head Up Display (HUD) and Forward Collision Alert (FCA) warning programs and negotiate long term agreements direct with GM Purchasing and Engineering.
Synchronized efforts with Engineering and Program Managers to break apart RFQ packages to set up a system for calculating costs for materials, engineering time and support along with SG&A, Labor/Burden, packaging/shipping and profit for GM forms.
Responsible for negotiating and being awarded 11 overall HUD programs totaling over
$650,000,000 in lifetime revenue.
● Managed all commercial events on 45 current General Motors HUD/FCA programs and five cluster programs.
Maintained a relationship with GM to mutually meet and agree to a business plan that ensures long term growth for NSI and long term savings for GM on HUD/FCA/Cluster.
Worked with GM Purchasing to create and uphold yearly savings goals based on volumes, engineering support and continuous product improvement.
Directed Engineering Program Managers’ and on site DRE’s on how to handle and commercial events that result in any cost.
● Grew a successful relationship with production plants in Japan, Mexico and the USA (Ohio) to help establish internal pricing agreements.
Worked closely with each production plant to determine an internal cost model on several product lines to better determine the cost structure.
Negotiated yearly pricing structures with each plant based on NSI and GM’s business plan agreement.
Gave plant tours to GM and Ford employees in the USA and Mexico 3-5 times per year.
● Trained employees on new processes and maintain forms for training procedures.
Designed and implemented several internal pricing agreement forms and work instructions; followed by giving training sessions with each employee.
Implemented new tooling forms and training PowerPoints to help streamline GM’s tooling process to aim to be paid for tooling at PPAP.
Taught employees how to navigate the GM system in GM SupplyPower.
● Worked directly with the NSI internal commercial FCA team for new HUD programs.
Trained the team on commercial aspects of the HUD and review FAQ’s from buyers.
Responsible for preparing all commercial presentations and integrating the presentations with engineering before it is presented to FCA
● Obtained new HUD and cluster RFQ’s/RFI’s from Ford.
Work direct with the NSI engineering team to create new relationships with a new customer.
Present all commercial information in tech reviews in Dearborn, MI
Travel to Ford Purchasing locations in Mexico to grow new relationships. 2013-2014 United States Steel Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA and Troy, MI) Account Manager
2011-2013 Gerdau Special Steel North America (Jackson, MI) Sales Service Representative
2008-2010 Davis Multimedia Inc. (Brighton, MI)
Advertising Sales Manager/Marketing Manager
2006-2009 Cleary University (Howell, MI)
BBA: Business Management