*** ********* **** • Wheeling, Illinois 60090
847-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
Highly skilled executive with a proven record of success in growing revenue and expanding market share for major corporations. Consistently and significantly exceeds revenue and profit targets. Outstanding history of forming and leveraging strong, long-term relationships with C-level executives and other key decision makers. Adept at developing and delivering product presentations that lead to new business. Expert at creating and executing account strategies that drive profitability and increase customer satisfaction. Accomplished at negotiating and closing complex, multi-million-dollar deals. Exceptional ability to greatly increase business among new and existing accounts in a defined customer base. Willing to travel up to 80% of the time to maximize customer contact.
Account Growth ● New Business Acquisition ● Relationship Building and Management
Team Building, Training and Mentoring ● Project Management ● Negotiation
Resource Coordination ● Channel Management ● Conflict Resolution
Strategic Planning ● Customer Satisfaction ● Customer Retention
Selling SW & Services ● Problem Solving ● New Product Introduction
SPIRENT COMMUNICATIONS, Eatontown, New Jersey • 2008-2011
A worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of wireless testing and measurement tools.
Regional Sales Manager
Managed major accounts headquartered in Washington state, Illinois and Texas, including AT&T, Microsoft, Motorola, RIM, Samsung and T-Mobile. Prospected for new accounts and sold UMTS, CDMA and LTE test equipment and Wireless Channel Emulators to new and existing customers.
• Grew annual AT&T revenue from $1M to $5M in 4 years.
• Increased business with T-Mobile from less than $1M to $4M.
• Sold 2 new key products to Microsoft & Samsung, both new accounts, generating $2.5M in revenue.
• Successfully project managed multi-million-dollar installations for clients such as AT&T.
• Met or exceeded sales quota each year.
• Won President’s Club award in 2009 and Century Club award in 2010.
GRAINGER, Lake Forest, Illinois • 2006-2007
Global supplier of industrial equipment to more than 2 million businesses and institutions in 157 countries.
Assumed total ownership, both pre- and post-sale, of all dealings with more than 40 existing accounts in a defined suburban Chicago territory. Developed and implemented strategies to increase business across the region.
• Grew the UOP account from $100K to $500K in less than 1 year.
• Formed and enhanced relationships that improved customer satisfaction and increased business throughout the account base.
VINCE ABBATE • Page 2 • email@example.com
TELLABS CORPORATION, Naperville, Illinois • 1985-2005
Provider of mobile internet solutions to telecom service providers, independent operators, and government agencies with networks in more than 90 countries.
Executive Account Manager
Started at Tellabs on the factory floor and through a through a series of promotions got promoted to Sales in 2005.
• Boosted orders from a global long-distance carrier from $40M to $81M in 2 years by developing a trusting relationship with the company’s engineering and operations teams and C-Level executives.
• Made a presentation to a client’s senior vice president that resulted in the necessary approval for a $2M network-wide software upgrade while the company was in bankruptcy..
• Relocated for the company 3 times and successfully completed my mission all three times
• Was sent to California to turn around a situation where our competitor was getting 80% market share and we were getting 20% market share on a key product. Developed and executed a plan to turn things around. When I left 2 years later, we were getting 80% market share and they were getting 20%.
• Called on each market that we addressed in 20 years and was successful at all of them
• Was particularly successful in the wireless segment where I grew the business by $25M over 3 years.
• Was assigned as a Sales Manager for 3 years and successfully helped the team grow bookings by $15M.
• Consistently achieved top 20% ranking in sales and won numerous awards over my career at Tellabs.
Courses in Business Management and Marketing
Regis University, Denver, Colorado
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Sales Management Course
Columbia University, New York, New York
2-Year Leadership Development Program
Tellabs Corporation, Naperville, Illinois
Extensive Training in Sales and Marketing