Marketing role utilizing my research and data analysis skills while broadening my software and graphic design knowledge. B.S. in Marketing.
Independent Contractor (present)
Selected for various temporary assignments with companies such as IHRSA and Lycos. Handled a variety of duties including data input, file organization and sales development.
Business Development Specialist (2008)
For the Boston office, worked with technology suppliers such as IBM to facilitate communication with prospective customers.
• Gathered information from technology contacts at prospective customers, sat in on conference calls between IBM rep and prospect and wrote comprehensive post-call summary reports.
• Conducted lead development for possible contact with technology prospects.
• Used Microsoft Access to maintain notes and update contact information in project databases.
• Used Microsoft Outlook to send emails within company and to build awareness for customer’s software.
Product Representative (2007)
For this direct marketing promotions company, represented products to prospective customers.
• Operated in a variety of locations each day to access prospective customers.
• Worked independently to develop sales opportunities.
• Represented company in professional manner while on the road.
Residential Properties LTD.
Marketing Intern (2007)
Worked closely with Director of Marketing for this leading real estate company.
• Conducted research for Marketing Department including research of Rhode Island towns; drafted research reports.
• Used Adobe InDesign software to design ads.
• Served as interim Director of Marketing for one week.
• Sent press releases along with agent’s bios and photos to various editors.
• Contacted Rhode Island recycling centers to gather information to assist in company’s “green” initiatives.
Customer Service/Cashier (2006)
• Worked 25-30 hours a week while attending college.
• Responded to customer’s account inquiries regarding returns and late fees.
• Worked most nights with only one other employee; took responsibility to accomplish goals set by management.
• Maintained inventory levels both on the sales floor and in the backroom.
• Handled customers’ inquiries (in person and on the telephone).
• Assisted on the sales floor during busy periods.
Johnson & Wales University, Providence, RI
Bachelor of Science in Marketing (May 2007); concentration in Advertising
• During undergraduate studies, worked on projects including online business simulation for an automobile company and website marketing plan to create exposure and marketing opportunities for new artists.
• Skilled in Microsoft Word (created press releases, questionnaires, and real estate descriptions).
• Used Excel to create datasheets for office supply costs as well as data comparisons for various projects.
• Created PowerPoint presentations for marketing and advertising courses; currently continuing to use both basic and advanced options.
• Currently familiarizing myself with Adobe PhotoShop both basic and advanced tools.
• Used InDesign to create ads for real estate company; continuing to familiarize myself with more advanced functions.