Valencia A. Goodridge
*** ******** ***., *** *****, CT 06515
Objective Secure a position as a Project Director which will utilize my 20 years of experience and expertise.
Profile • Nearly 20 years of managerial experience.
• Ability to direct complex projects from concept to fully operational status.
• Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Organized, highly motivated, and detail-directed problem solver.
• Proven ability to work in unison with staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors.
Education M.B.A. , Southern Connecticut State University
B.A., General Studies & Business Management Minor, University of Bridgeport
Proficient- Budgetary & Fiscal Controls, Project Management , Conflict Management, Sexual Harassment, Performance Management, Grant Writing, and ERP Software
Relevant Experience & Accomplishments
• Secured and implemented grant funding for a youth leadership development program, and coordinated parental involvement activities to meet state and federal programs.
• Organized job fair recruitment program in conjunction with Gateway Community College. Hiring qualified staff, adhering to federal and state regulations and guidelines.
• Designed training programs, service development plans and conducted operation assessments.
• Coached Team Leaders on career development & recognition programs to include concrete goals, deliverables and objectives.
• Formulated, wrote, and implemented new employee training manuals.
• Directed recruitment and retention of supervisors and staff of 42 employees.
• Resulted in multilateral staff achievement of work objectives.
• Managed and developed team leaders into goal-oriented, cohesive group.
• Successfully managed budgets, salaries and operational cost.
Employment Client Services Manager, Melissa and Doug, Inc., Westport, CT
• Attend trade shows, sales support to clients which consist of ordering and support for end-users. Coordinate safety and quality issues to ensure compliance with standards and customer satisfaction. 2005-present
Service Center Manager, Prime Resource Corporation, Bridgeport. Ct
• Managed operations of daily customer service blend call center. Consisting of 4 team leaders and 35 CSR’s supporting over 3000 inbound calls daily. Managed the operating budget, payroll and staff members’ hours and productivity. 2000-2004
Call Center Manager, New Haven Register, New Haven CT
• Managed daily operations of telesales service center consisting of 40 agents, 2 shift supervisors and a shift administrator. 1999-2000
Call Center Supervisor, People’s Bank Credit Card Div., Bridgeport CT
• Supervised, trained and coached a team of 15 CSR’s and maintain performance of staff members within a banking call center setting. 1993-1999
Involvement Jack and Jill of America, Inc., Chapter President 2007-2009
National Leadership Development Program, (Grant) Chairperson 2007-2008
Worthington Hooker School PTA, Secretary 2007-2008
St. Brendan School PTA, Development & Fundraising Chairperson 2003-2005
References Available upon request