Sophia A. Yzerman
Senior at University of Michigan, anticipating graduation in May of 2021 with a degree in Communications and Media. I am a dedicated, results-driven, creative minded student with a strong work ethic. Resourceful decision- maker and critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills. Consistently meets deadlines and diligent mutlitasker, who prioritizes deliverables in high stress situations. Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills and intend to use these traits to develop a succesful professional career. Core Competencies:
Communication Motivation Focus Writing Skills
Interpersonal Skills Time Magament Skills Social Media Education
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
BA, Communications and Media, expected 2021
University of New South Wales, Sydney, AUS
Study Abroad Program, January-May, 2020
Computer Skills: MS Office; Social Media, Google Docs, PhotoShop, IMovie, Zoom Professional Experience
Alpha Phi Sorority Ann Arbor, MI
Recruitment Chairman 2020-2021
ID-PR New York, NY
Public Relations Intern June-August 2019
• While in role, I assisted in creating complete press kits including pre-premiere focus, content strategy, actor specific press targets, social media accounts and brand collaborations. This position helped me to strategically and creatively compose press releases that would best suit the customer on a case to case basis. Grew comfortable with pitching ideas after in depth market analysis to superiors. Was tasked to organize and filter information intended for customer use.
• Gained a broad understanding of the PR landscape, including the importance of fulfilling customer requests, as well as establishing working relationships with these individuals. This has furthered my ability to think creatively, and use this creativity to establish a strategic, yet efficient, product that best tailors the customer.
USA Hockey Plymouth, MI
Communications Intern September-December, 2018
• While in role, I was tasked with gathering footage as well as relevant player information and implementing this data into a personalized player profile to be used by Universities and major sports teams. Took the lead in conducting preliminary viewing and editing of video recaps, used for promotion of USA hockey development program. Oversaw the entire production cycle in order to ensure relevance, with the hope to promote player exposure for Universities.
• Managed all social media platform accounts, as well as official website. This included creative updates for followers with pertinent information that was upcoming, as well as important information for families of players to use. Grew comfortable with using website building software. Bumble Ann Arbor, MI
Brand Ambassador September-May 2018
• Assisted in the design, development, and implementation of marketing and branding strategies to enhance user base, specifically targetted for students at University of Michigan. Conducted events to expand brand awareness, while generating leads for future business opportunity. While in role, I expanded knowledge of Bumble’s core values through verbal and written presentation for customer acquisition projects. This role assisted in gaining knowledge of market analysis, focused on assessing peers interests, and meeting these with resources at hand.