Sandra Mabel Xavier Nicholas Prabhu
A passionate aerospace engineer with specialization in Aerospace Dynamics. Open to exploring and learning new things every day. Creative thinker and a capable leader can lead a team towards best results with provided skills. Good at communicating with people. Can contribute positive environment encouraging productivity. Works towards achieving long term goals. Urge to contribute to society through Science. Communication skills include fluency in English and Tamil. KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
• Awarded maximum scholarship of 75% for IIT training offered for only few students out of several in FIITJEE institute
• Certified member of National Service Scheme from 2013-2018
• Recognised for major contribution in meeting deadline by saving 25 percent meshing time for a industrial project during intern-ship
• Won Cash prize Technical Paper Presentation, Paper titled Inspired by the Wings
• Led technical symposium as Student Head for year 2018 in Jeppiaar Engineering College
• Led team selected among top 5 Projects to present to the Late Dr. APJ Kalam,Project titled Curiosity a Overview EDUCATION
MSc in Aerospace Dynamics: Cranfield University, Cranfield, UK (September 2019 - Present)
• Relevant course work: Air vehicle modelling and Simulation, Flying Qualities and Flight Control, Flight Experimental Methods, Aerospace Navigation and Sensors, Multivariable Control Systems, Modelling of Dynamic Systems, Experimental Aerodynamics, Launch and Re-entry Vehicles, Supercritical Wing Design, Introduction to transonic Flow, Compressible flows
• Group Design Project: Design of Supercritical wing using low fidelity methods such as VGK and VFP, Flight Report for the Flight Experimental Methods based on tests carried in Jetstream in university with a team of 7 members
• Individual thesis: Investigation of Wake characteristics of a spinning roughened cylinder. B.E Aeronautical Engineering: Jeppiaar Engineering College (affiliated to anna university), Chennai, Tamilnadu,India (June 2015 - May 2019)
• Relevant Course work: Fluid Dynamics, Solid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Engineering Maths, Aerodynamics, Aircraft Structures, Propulsion, Control Systems, Avionics, Aircraft Systems, Rockets and Missiles, Space mechanics, Flight Dynamics, Fatigue and Failure, CFD, Finite Element Methods, Aircraft Design, Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry.
• Designed conceptual level of a civil transport aircraft .
• Headed design team for 2 design contest.
• Conducted CFD analysis for various geometries of aero spikes and compared with wind tunnel results to identify best aerospike design can withstand high temperature utilizing shock waves as barriers
• GPA : 8.13/10
IIT Madras: Chennai, India - Project Intern (June 2019 - August 2019) University
• Conducted experiments to analyse, Delamination on Woven Fibre Composite Laminate to model Critical Force using CNC twist drill for drilling holes.
• Utilized Tex Gen to design laminate and Abaqus for performing drilling simulation -due to non-availability of resources and limited time to model layers of different orientation numerical analysis came to an end
• Managed time by providing assistance to Research scholar by executing experiments Global Nodes and Engineering Solutions: Chennai, Tamilnadu - Student Intern (June 2018 - August 2019) Start-Up offering solutions to industries by simulations
• Acquired sufficient knowledge in using CFD tools such as hypermesh, ICEM CFD for meshing and Ansys Fluent for flow definition and analysis
• Performed analysis in Hummingbird Flapping wing, Aerodynamics of Car, Wind turbine design, gravity filters, hypersonic vehicle design, Aerospike in re-entry vehicle, Engine Nozzle, Engine Cylinder design, Filters, Heat transfer analysis.
• reduced mesh time by 50 % when doing nozzle design by making hybrid mesh . Barola Technologies: Chennai,India - Trainee (November 2017 - November 2017) Start-Up helped government during severe flood in the year 2016
• Trained in designing a UAV from easily available materials for different applications such as flood rescue mission
• trained in employing Arduino Uno for Sensing chemicals present in a soil sample
• Utilized Matlab to develop algorithm for sensing and was taught to use sensors by deploying Simulink HAL(Hindusthan Aeronautics Limited): Bengaluru, India - Summer Intern (June 2017 - June 2017) Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company
• Gained Knowledge about Engines and Engine Testing ( cannot be disclosed due to security ) SKILLS, INTERESTS & EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Modelling tool- CATIA V5
• Meshing tools- Altair Hypermesh, ICEM CFD, Ansys
• Analysis tools- Ansys FLUENT, VGK, VFP, Abaqus
• Control system analysis- MATLAB, Simulink (Aerospace toolbox),
• Microsoft Office- Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Programming skill- basic C and C++
• Astronomical Society Member- observed stars, planets, moon and Sun using various telescopes and binoculars.
• MARS Rover team- mechanical design group, performed weight estimation and designed the Science tool box using MATLAB.
• English and Tamil
Position of Responsibility:
• Served as Department Student Representative Head in bachelors from 2018-2019 representing department students to staff members and other college bodies
• Served as Event Organizer college Symposium to organize a 3-day workshop, technical events and motivated students to participate
• NSS(National Service Scheme) member in both school and undergrad- planted trees, taught poor kids after school hours, visited orphanages and homes for elderly and provided them moral and emotional support – marched for the cause of saving Oliver Ridley sea turtle babies being killed on shores of ECR.
• Volunteer in LIT the light foundation for helping blind people, Scribe for examinations for blind people
• Rotaract Member -promoted terrace cultivation and cleaned plastics in polluted grounds Extracurricular:
• trained in classical dance- Secured first place in Dance competition interschool and third Place in district level interschool dance competition
• Carnatic singing, Choir Member Mandolin tabs playing.