Ahni P. Santos
Oceanside, CA 92057
Manager (Supply Chain, Purchasing, Planning, and Logistics) professional with extensive experience in a manufacturing environment. Major strengths in organization, planning, contract negotiations, and procurement sourcing. Areas of expertise include:
• Cost reduction strategies by effective and efficient communication with Suppliers
• Developed and organized warehouse and stockroom locations resulting in increased productivity for material picking list fulfillment.
• Build integrity within the MRP framework by developing processes to ensure inventory accuracy
• Develop and maintained strong global supplier relationships at all levels.
• Ensure availability of materials for effective and efficient manufacturing and on-time shipment
• Formulate, implement and control JIT models, Kanban, and VMI PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Neotech Inc – San Marcos, CA 1/2019 – Present
Falmat Inc – San Marcos, CA 7/2017 – 1/2019
(Custom Cable Manufacturer)
Cavotec Inet – Cypress, CA 9/2016 – 7/2017
Materials Manager (Temporary Contract/Consulting)
North County Health Services – San Marcos, CA 12/2014 – 9/2016
Omega Engineering – Santa Ana, CA 7/2014 – 12/2014
(Manufacturer of Measurement & Control Equipment)
Materials Manager (Temporary Contract/Consulting)
Accumetrics – San Diego, CA 5/2013 – 6/2014
(Manufacturer of Medical Instruments)
Senior Buyer – Supply Chain Manager
Awarepoint Corporation – San Diego, CA 12/2009 – 11/2012
(Manufacturer of Asset Tracking & RTLS solutions)
Purchasing Manager – Supply Chain Management
Novatel Wireless, Inc. – San Diego, CA 5/2003 –12/2009
(Provider of wireless broadband access - mobile communications market) Buyer III – Supply Chain Management
APW-Electronic Solutions - San Diego, CA 1/1996 – 4/2003
(Manufacturer - Custom Enclosures/System Packaging) Purchasing Supervisor 1999-2003
Senior Buyer 1996-1999
Verbatim Tape Corporation - San Diego, CA 5/1982 – 1/1996
(Manufacturer - Computer Magnetic Media)
Senior Buyer / Purchasing Manager
Ahni Santos – Resume, Page 2
Strategic Supplier Management
Developed and negotiated manufacturer supply agreements with contract manufacturers resulting in product savings up to 30% of $25M.
Responsible for $1.6M dollars in cost savings.
Lead supplier sourcing, evaluation and selection, negotiation, performance monitoring and continuous improvement.
Develop strategies for mitigation of risk in the supply chain overall for specific new product programs achieving on-time product launches and market availability.
Managed weekly production meetings with CM involving other key departments and communicated schedule changes, material shortages and/or critical issues. Inventory & Stock Room Management
• Responsible for managing all raw material, sub-assemblies in warehouse and stock room.
• Reviewed annual usage for over 2-3K part numbers and set min/max inventory levels resulting in cost. reduction and lower dollar carrying costs.
• Developed and implemented new inventory and stock room which required setting up an ERP business system and physical set up.
• Responsible for assigning cycle count requirements on an on-going basis.
• Responsible for physical inventory on an annual basis.
• Responsible for inventory month end close and reporting data, information and reports to Finance. Logistics & Transportation
• Responsible for managing shipping, receiving and various methods of transportation for all products both incoming and outgoing.
• Ensure all transactions are performed in business system accordingly.
• Developed work flow process within the department to achieve high productivity and efficiency.
• Negotiated annual contract pricing for various freight forwarders and carriers to ensure cost remains within budget.
• Developed receiving inspection process providing thorough information to purchasing to assist in resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Ensure each shipment has proper documentation required (i.e., commercial invoice w/proper harmonized codes, packing slip, etc.).
New Program Development
Participate in and support design and development teams and new product introduction (NPI). This includes ownership of supply chain readiness through the phase gate process.
Close coordination with suppliers on all readiness criteria (cost, quality, availability, lead-times etc.) as well as purchase order management to support development or product launches, including production ramp up schedule. Participate with cross functional teams to ensure the requirement deadlines are met.
BOM review support providing alternate sources, resulting in shorter material lead-time and overall savings up to 10%.
Lead EOL and/or obsolesces activates that substantial reduced scrap and obsolescent material. Supplier Continuous Improvement
Generated supplier performance metrics, managed associated corrective action, (both short- and long-term plan) which consequentially improved supplier overall score from 75% to above 90%.
Perform and/or evaluate root cause problem resolution for all supplier related issues and ensure the integrity of corrective actions.
Organize and execute regular supplier site evaluations and audits.
Coordinated supplier qualification process which ensured all cross-functional groups are involved in initial selection.
Work cross functionally and address quality and/or manufacturing issues, as well as ensuring the supplier delivery commitments are relayed to the appropriate person/groups in a timely and effective manner. Ahni Santos – Resume, Page 3
Purchasing and Procurement
Participate in inventory control functions, including reconciliation each month/quarter/year and interfacing with the Accounting Department on correct G/L postings
Key player in the implementation of JDE Oracle and Microsoft Nav Vision ERP System.
Generated ISO procedures within procurement and processed through document control for final release.
Resolve receiving and invoice discrepancies as required.
Plan and procure inventory to meet customer orders to maintain on-time customer delivery performance.
Procurement included PCB’s, metal, plastics, tooling, dies, electronic components, printed circuit board assemblies, labels, packaging, printed material, second operations, custom material and services.
Managed up to 8 buyers of all levels (Senior, Junior and MRO).
Review and maintain accuracy of Open PO liabilities on a bi-monthly basis to ensure total company liability does not exceed a rolling $1.2M monthly.
Developed KPI metrics to meet departmental and corporate goals.
Developed departmental standard operating procedures (SOP) in preparation for ISO certification and audits.
Managed weekly production meetings with CM involving other key departments and communicated schedule changes, material shortages and/or critical issues.
Worked closely with Program Management and participated in weekly meetings providing action item status on materials needed to meet required build schedule.
Generated preliminary costed BOM’s for review and accuracy.
Reviewed Sales and Operating Plan and suggested future demands and/or cancellations within budgetary limitations per quarter.
Negotiated quarterly cost reductions directly with contract manufacturer and second tier suppliers.
Negotiated and implemented contract pricing for high dollar materials with limited liability.
Worked with Engineering and Sales on customer engineering and/or BOM changes and determined effectivity date to conform.
Analyzed material exposure and/or scrap cost due to ECO immediate changes.
Communicated end of life components to engineering and production groups and provided alternative solutions.
Ensure appropriate freight forwarder and cost-effective method of shipment is being utilized.
Managed several contract manufacturers (Korea, China, Philippines, India, Mexico, USA) RMA Support
Responsible for managing RMA process in a timely manner and continue to focus on reducing the total dollars in this inventory location.
Coordinate disposition of approved RMA’s per internal guidelines.
Determine material rework to convert into refurbish / B stock for resale.
Supervise RMA Test Technician and prioritize tasks as required. EDUCATION
San Diego Mesa – Business Management and Operations San Diego Employers Association – Management Certification National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM), San Diego - CPM Institute of Supply Management (ISM) – San Diego – CPSM, 2020 SPECIAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATES
Internal Auditor Certification
Database Computer Software Experience
Epicor, Oracle Business Systems JDE, QAD, MS Great Plains, MS Navision, Macola, Fourth Shift, Windows XP, 7, 10, HP (Ask ManMan), Expandable, MS Office, Visio
6S, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, VMI, Kanban, JIT