Lone Tree, CO 80124 firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO May 2019
Major: B.S. Biochemistry GPA 3.4
Minor: Biomedical Engineering
Analytical Techniques NMR, PCR, GC-MS, LC-MSMS, FTIR, HPLC, TLC, ICP-MS, gel electrophoresis, pH testing, AA, bomb calorimetry, titrations.
Laboratory cGMP procedures, organic synthesis, aseptic techniques, bacterial cell culturing and staining, inert atmosphere procedures (shclenk line, rotavap), handling of biological specimen (D. melanogaster, C. elegans, bacteria), column chromatography, chemical preparation (standard solutions, mobile phases, buffers). Computer SolidWorks; ADF; ChemDraw; Mnova; Delta; R Studio; Wolfram Mathematica; Access; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Communication Team skills, leadership, technical writing (SOP, COA), intermediate Spanish. Personal Hardworking, detail-oriented, reliable, quick learner, active listener, problem-solver, ability to work collaboratively and independently, organized, time-efficient.
Ellipse Analytics – Laboratory Technician II, Denver, CO 05/19 – Present
• Perform chemical extraction of contaminates (pesticides, heavy metals, minerals, phthalates, bisphenols, acrylamide, mycotoxins, fatty acid chains, antioxidants, vitamins) in everyday consumer products (pet food, honey, prenatal, etc.) using various extraction methods and instrumentation.
• Optimizing and writing SOP documents through experimental trials of difficult samples.
• Product development of non-alcoholic spirits: prototyping and finalizing flavor profiles, product marketing, and allowing for feasible manufacturing scalability.
Colorado School of Mines – Undergraduate Research Fellow, Golden, CO 11/18 – 05/19
• Multi-step organic synthesis of plastic scintillators for the detection of radioactive materials. Synthesis on a 10 g scale and product yield characterization using NMR and FTIR.
• Undergraduate research symposium poster presentation (April 2019).
• Researched the biocompatibility of mesoporous materials with bacteria for oral drug delivery devices. Colorado School of Mines – Teaching Assistant, Principles of Chemistry I, Golden, CO 08/17 – 08/18
• Guided students in lab experiments in chemistry concepts including: stoichiometry, chemical equations, periodic trends, safe lab practices, chemical preparation, and proper record keeping.
• Collaborated with professors to deliver a weekly pre-lab lecture to facilitate effective learning. OTHER EXPERIENCE
Helping You Succeed, LLC – Assistant Transaction Coordinator, Westminster, CO 04/19 – 02/20
• Assisted real estate agents in the transactions associated with closing of newly built homes.
• Coordinated design appointments, home inspections, and appraisals. Ensured all documents were properly signed. ACHIEVEMENTS AND HONORS
• American Institute of Chemists Award: May 2019
• Dean’s List: Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2018
• Honor Roll: Fall 2017, Spring 2019
American Chemical Society – Vice President 01/18 – 12/18
• Ran chapter meetings while collaborating, delegating, and assisting club officers with event planning.
• Recruited for the chemistry department and showcased ongoing research within the department. American Chemical Society – Treasurer 01/17 – 12/17
• Managed and balanced club account; planned and budgeted club proceedings including chemistry demos, research speakers, and recruiting events.