Network Administration & Communication Security Manager (COMSEC Custodian)
Experienced Information Technology professional with 15 years of expertise managing domestic and international network administration operations. Skilled leader with the ability to establishing network specifications through performance evaluation, utilizing resources to conduct network analysis leading to operational improvements. Talented collaborator with the ability to drive communications throughout an organization to achieve productivity. Proficient in staff training, including vendor negotiations, integrating strategic planning throughout the design and development of network policies and procedures used to troubleshoot problems and provide successful resolution. Possess current Top-Secret Clearance/SCI.
* Project Management
* Budget Development
* Data Analysis
* Strategic Planning & Analysis
* Process Improvements
* Management / Leadership
* Vendor Negotiations
* Network Troubleshooting
* Security Standards
* Logistics Operations
* Cryptographic Communications
* Change Management
Communication Security (COMSEC) Manager Disabled American Veterans (DAV-FORCE) Feb 2019 – Current
- Perform roll as Primary and Alternate Communication Security (COMSEC) Manager, and Home Officer Support Manager in support of various Qatar interoperability programs between the US and Qatar.
- Perform accountability, training, central receiving, temporary storage, transfer services, and training for Department of Defense provided COMSEC equipment, COMSEC documents, Keying and other COMSEC related materials from US COMSEC National Distribution Authorities.
- Serve as the primary advisor to the Qatar Armed Forces regarding all COMSEC issues and liaison between the Qatar FMS COMSEC account and U.S Central Command.
- Provide COMSEC user training and assistance to Qatar Military units and Military personnel on the proper handling and use of US Government provided COMSEC material and equipment in the proper custodianship, safeguarding and operation of Department of Defense provided COMSEC equipment, key and other COMSEC related material, zeroing equipment, basic trouble-shooting and emergency destruction procedures, in order to satisfy requirements for secure interoperability.
- Frequently perform troubleshooting of Secure Analog and Data Service, SECTERA Wireline Terminal (SWT) and Secure Telephone Equipment (STE)
ABM Aviation, Orlando Florida. Hylift Driver Aug 2018 – Fed 2019
Responsible for loading equipment onto a truck and delivering to various types of passenger aircraft according to customer guidelines.
DEPARTMENT OF STATE, International Locations 2003 – 20017
Information Management Specialist, Information Systems Center (Current Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras)
Execute effective management and leadership for all classified technicians throughout multiple international locations, managing organizational operations to achieve technology support through key performance.
Coordinate administration of shipping, storage, including the destruction of all designated COMSEC materials.
Manage the development of classified telecommunication networks in addition to emergency communication networks, coordinating classified computer systems ensuring operational compliance.
Facilitate supervision of information management teams, directing staff in support of daily operations, maintaining functional information systems throughout global locations.
Lead all embassy information system support services within the U.S. Embassy located in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, developing network servers focused on designing applications to deliver quality support for all internal tasks.
Provided leadership for four local staff members in Mission Banjul, The Gambia, managing daily information technology operations ensuring timely support, meeting all network requirements.
Successfully implemented a Secure Network Access with Public Key Infrastructure tools utilizing a two-factor authentication to achieve operational objectives through information technology initiatives.
Developed the Emergency Network system, introducing strategic planning through process improvements, designing key performance indicators leading to organizational achievement.
Drove communications with a test provider in the U.S., creating a site for the Foreign Service Officer Test leading to accurate documentation and software applications.
Served within Tel Aviv, Israel, maintaining secure information systems, monitoring transmission and receipt of official messages while integrating classified video teleconferencing systems for organizational customers.
Aligned COMSEC regulations with operational procedures in Tel Aviv, Israel, ensuring effective protection of classified information. Resulting action included the successful establishment of OpenNet connectivity from the location to Washington D.C. during distinguished visitor visits, in addition to proactively developing operational processes for Classified Pouch Operations leading to innovative training for new employees.
Tasked with conducting both PKI and SMART administration in Frankfurt, Germany, leading all logistical performance in support of information system development and application.
Coordinated the effective installation of classified computer systems, telecommunications and emergency communication networks in Madrid, Spain. Results include serving as the classified Diplomatic Pouch as the COMSEC Custodian.
Executed service as the COMSEC Custodian in Beijing, China, administering all classified cryptographic communications.
ADDITIONAL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
U.S. Marine Corps Air Station, Miramar, CA Office Automation/Supply Technician
Naval Station Yokosuka, Japan Supply Technician, Fleet Industrial Supply Center
U.S. Marine Corps, Japan Combat Engineer/Physical Security Guard
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor’s Degree, Asian Studies, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Bachelor’s Degree, Management Studies, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Nortel Certified Support Expert (NCSE)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
Microsoft Windows 7 Administration CompTIA A+ CompTIA Network + CompTIA Security + CallPilot Rls 5.0 Nortel Communications Server