firstname.lastname@example.org 562-***-**** Long Beach, CA, 90804
Master of Science, Computer Science Expected - May ‘21 California State University, Long Beach
Relevant Coursework: Analysis of Algorithms, Advance Programming Languages, Advanced Software Engineering, Data compression and Retrieval
Bachelor of Technology, Information Technology July ‘18 Gujarat Technological University, India GPA-8.11
Relevant Coursework: Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Data Structures, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Organization, System Programming, Web Development, Artificial Intelligence
Graduate Assistant, California State University, Long Beach Sept ‘19
● Developed Python Scripts for downloading and reading company filings from SEC’s website. The program handled data extraction and scraping data from sources using Python with the help of libraries like Beautiful Soup and Pandas. Parsed XML and HTML tags. Research Intern, Fusion Informatics, Ahmedabad, India Sep ‘18 – Jan ‘19
● Implemented a small scale distributed ledger for recording fiat currency transactions on the Ethereum blockchain network. The system handled 5000 accounts, with a block size of 500.
● Added functionality for creating public and private keys to identify, access and transfer currency and implemented “double spending resolution” (a problem faced by major transaction management systems).
● The transaction handling and validation was done on a distributed network of miners with a 70% consensus requirement in order to get transaction recorded on the BlockChain.
● Technologies used: Python, Go-Ethereum (GETH)
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++ (beginner), Python (beginner), Web Technologies (HTML, CSS) Tools & Technologies: GETH, Git, Eclipse/IntelliJ, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, Android Studio, JUnit, Docker, Blockchain PROJECTS
PutItOn(Transcripts verification Application) Jan ‘19
● Creating a webApp for providing a certification and verification service for transcripts.
● It will let Universities and organizations leverage the use of Blockchain by putting the hash of the transcripts on the Blockchain and allows them to verify it later whenever needed to check for discrepancies.
● It uses SHA256 for hashing the pdfs of transcripts and uses ethereum smart contracts to store the hashes.
● Created a Web-App for reporting and tracking bugs of programs.
● The application provided features for version control of programs, exporting data to csv and xml, etc allowing the users to manage bugs efficiently.
● Tested the application thoroughly to find bugs.
● Technologies used: HTML, MySQL, CSS, JS, JQuery and PHP. Attendance Management System (Java, Android, HTML, CSS) Dec ‘17 - Apr ‘18
● Created a functional attendance management system for recording attendance of ~2000 students in Gujarat Technological University. Created an Android App as well as a Web App.
● Implemented daily Attendance Registration, Time Table Management and Student Attendance Stats.
● Technologies used: Android studio, HTML, MySQL, Java and PHP. Stock Market Price Prediction (Python) Apr ‘17 - Jul ‘17
● Created a time series forecasting on Stock closing price using the past 7 days data using selected features from the Alphabet Inc.(GOOG) data set obtained by yahoo finance.
● Trained with different approaches on models: fully connected Neural Network (NN), Long short-term memory (LSTM), Convolutional Neural Network(CNN). A RMSE value of 4.2 was achieved using LSTM. Hospital Management System (Java, HTML, CSS) Sept ‘16 - Dec ‘16
● Created a hospital management system with functionalities like Patient's medical record, inventory management, E-prescription, staff attendance, online appointment and more.
● Used Java for backend and HTML,CSS for the frontend development