Tarek Ahmad Moubayed
Permanent Address: Burj Al Salam, on Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, UAE
Cell Phone: 00971-050-4219041
Senior Architect has more than 18 years of solid experience in technical and design management with a good track record of participating in public Buildings and mega projects. By completing a full project life cycle and handing over three 5-stars hotels for international operators in addition to recent ongoingproject“Wafi hotel tower complex and Mall expansion” as well, it gives me a specialty in this type of buildings and extensive experience of luxury finishes and high quality standards.
1995 B.Sc. of Architectural Engineering Beirut Faculty of Engineering (Beirut-Lebanon) – B.A.U Project Management Professional course (PMP®) Credential.
Professional Experience :
* Current status: Self-employed as per contract work - project coordinator in Interior design field Since Jan. 2018 up to present Renovation multiple shops and center point in Malls Latest Job: Wafi hotel tower complex and Mall expansion / Project Technical Coordinator Consultant: ‘Arkiteknik InternASHTAAR - Interior Designational Consultants”. Dubai Since Jan. 2016 Till Dec.2017 Project discerption: Wafi Hotel Expension
* Wafi hotel tower complex and Mall expansion (2B+G+51) floors tower. Shopping mall and hospitality complex in Dubai, consist of expansion to the retail area with Hypermarket and 12 arte cinema including VIP exclusive theatre. The main feature of the project is a 50 story hotel tower with 400 rooms and 100 furnished apartments
* Contract Value: 1.6 Billion AED
* Client : MKM Commercial Holding L.L.C
* Role & Responsibilities:
* Assisting the project manager to assure the liaisons between different departments to insure the flow of information and to get the required deliverables on time.
* Lead and manage the correspondent with main contractor including the progress meeting and necessary technical workshop
* Communicate and coordinate with all MEP and ID trades to resolve all technical issues at site.
* Manage the Sub-contractors technical teams to get the required pre-qualifications, material submittals, and shop drawings to be reviewed and approved in accordance of contract specification and meet the standards code and local regulations
(DM, Civil Defense, .)
* Following the planning schedule and offer the required information to both the planning and contract department when needed.
* Review and coordinate the newdesignto be implemented into, as the project is already built.
* Coordinate and manage the requirements of special ID design with as built site conditions
* Communicate on daily basis with all contractors to solve & handle any outstanding issues.
* Manage the Sub-contractors technical teams to get the required pre-qualifications, material submittals, and shop drawings to be reviewed and approved in accordance of contract specification and meet the standards code and local DM, CD regulations Page 1 of 3
Previous Job: Senior Architect
Contractor: Arabian Construction Company ACC SEP. 2013 To Sep. 2016
Project discerption: Jabal Omar development project in Makkah phase- III. Largest Development adjacent to the Holly Mosque on 230,000 m2 footprint. Phase III is the Largest phase with the highest Landmark of the Holly Mosque Gate consisted of 2 Hilton 5 Star Hotel Towers connected by upper Bridge and topped by 2 helipads (45 floors, 160m height, 2000 m2 footprint), in addition to 2 Hilton Double Tree 3 Star Hotel Towers (34 floors, 120m height, 1000 m2 footprint), above Retail Podium (10 floors, 200,000 m2 gross area), including 4 basement floors.
Role & Responsibilities:
Review and approve all shop drawings by sub-contractors before sending to consultant.
Raising the required RFI’s to clarify the discrepancy between the different Arch. Stru. And MEP drawings.
Manage the material approvals (all architectural items ) with consultant, owner rep. & operator as original specs, and alternate another material when required.
Coordinate and Follow up the procurement department and sub-contractors for technical issues (approvals & delivery time). Previous Job: Senior Architect (Coordination Team Leader) Contractor JC Maclean International FZE. Interior Fit-out Contractor.
From May 2006 Till May 2013
Role & Responsibilities:
Lead the coordination team in Head office to issue well-coordinated drawings before sending to site technical office
Conduct workshops with consultant in regular basis to solve any issues in earlier stages.
Lead and manage a team of architects to produce all IDdrawingsandmaterialsubmittalsandgettingrequired approvals fromconsultant.
Follow up with site management for various construction activities which divided into different packages awarded to F.OH and B.O.H sub-contractors.
Main Project: Saint Regis Hotel – Abu - Dhabi
Mixed-use project with over 3 million square feet of space the complex includes a 5 star, 308-room hotel, serviced apartments, loft apartments, office space and an up-market niche retail destination. Consists of Podium levels: (B2, B1, B1 mezzanine, GF, GF-M, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Floor including Ballroom. Tower I (4th - 64th Floor + Roof, & Tower II (4th - 50th Floor + Roof, connected with Sky Bridge at height of 200m Previous Job: Site Architect
Employer: Slattery Skanska International - U.S.A Boston. From Jun. 2001 To Dec. 2003 Role & Responsibilities:
Carried out office management of architectural building section that allocated every two miles along the tunnel which control all the MEP devices, including drawings, material submittal and site instruction. Project discerption: Central Artery Tunnel Project (C09A4)
Section C09A4 of the Central Artery/Tunnel entailed the largest tunnel section ever jacked in the US. It was widely regarded as the most technically challenging section, due to the constraints of construction under highly critical and active railroad tracks. Weidlinger Associates designed the post-tensioned slurry walls and cross-lot bracing and performed 3D analyses to modify the jet grouting installation procedure during construction. Page 2 of 3
Previous Job: Architect / design coordinator
Contractor: Dar Al-handasah Consultants. (Shar& Partners) U.A.E. Jan. 1998 To Aug. 2000 Role & Responsibilities:
Review of shop drawings of all architectural work including Curtain wall, False ceilings, Granite, Ceramics, Doors, GRC, GRP, Stairs, Elevation, etc.
Monitor the modification and revisions for design drawings as per client requirements, and due to the coordination issues during construction. Worked closely with project design architect.
Conduct workshops in regular basis to solve any issues in earlier stages.
Follow up with the works at site management which holds various construction activities and divided into different packages awarded to sub-contractors
Main Project: Dubai 2000 Air show
The Air show 2000 project, included two air-conditioned exhibition halls (50,000 m2) and 3,000m2 duty free shipping area, first aid canter, shops, restaurants, corporate chalets, administration offices, flight control canter; 3,600m2 of VIP lounges, purpose-built reception building and a Mosque. Duties Main Project: Expansion of Duty Free Area (Doha Airport).
Design developing with the clients to ascertain their requirements, preparation the tender drawings for this project such as: architectural, structural, mechanical drawings. Previous Job: Site Architect
Contractor AL-Teyseer Co. DOHA- Qatar From June 1997 Till Oct. 1998 Role & Responsibilities:
Coordination with consultant and preparation of Shop Drawings.
Follow-up with ID drawings to avoid any clashes at site. Main Project: Palace of (20,000 SQM) for H.E Sh. Abdullah
Implementing new service buildings, interior hard and soft landscaping with a total built-up area of 10,000m2. Works involved swimming pools, sports facilities, parking, roads and complete infrastructure of (water supply, sewerage, drainage, electricity ).
Previous Job: Design Architect
Consultant: Baker Design & Associates, Beirut -Lebanon From Sep. 1996 To Jun. 1997
Coordination with client to meet his requirement to prepare the required Preliminary design with free hand sketches till final layout is provided and presented with 3D images using mood boards to ensure the most proper demonstration for the client.
Dar Al-Handassah, Beirut – Lebanon Sep.1996 - Jan 97 Position Architect
Duties: - Preliminary Architectural Design for Qatar
- Telecommunication (Q-Tel) projects – Doha, Qatar
- 3D Presentation of active projects
Bureau D’Etude for Civil and Architect – Tripoli, Lebanon July 95 to June 96 Position Architect
Duties - Shop drawings and construction details for Design agricultural school in Different locations in Lebanon.
- Landscaping design (Fair of Tripoli), the rehabilitation of 40 hectares
Page 3of 3