214-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Dallas, TX https://www.linkedin.com/in/chin-kuei-chang-3b889616b/ Education
Master of Science in Business Analytics, The University of Texas at Dallas Jun 2020 Honor: Greater Texas Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Bachelor of Science in Statistics, National Cheng-chi University (NCCU) Jun 2014 Skills & Certification
Technical Skills: R, Python, SAS, SPSS, Google Analytics MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DBeaver, MongoDB, Hadoop Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point Microsoft Power BI, Tableau Certification: Google Ads Search Certification, Google Ads Display Certification Work Experience
Education Index Set Up Volunteer : Child Poverty Action Lab Jan 2020- May 2020
• Used factor analysis to figure out sub index for children performance in school and gave each variable a weight to calculate the final index.
• Visualized the data in Tableau at census track level. Displayed the distribution and correlation between variables with map and story functions, to effectively present and understandable. Wed Analysis Volunteer: Michael Mosier Defeat DIPG Foundation Aug 2019- Dec 2019
• Monitored display on Google Analysis, reviewed existing campaign, reallocated budget, adjusted bidding strategy and set additional ad-extensions.
• Increased conversion by 61% and decreased cost by 46% within two weeks. And the donation they got in Giving Tuesday three times than the last year.
Laurel Enterprises Corporation; Taipei, Taiwan Aug 2015-Apr 2017 Marketing Intelligence Specialist
• Managed quantitative and qualitative research. Suggested to launch new product “Mocha rice dumpling”, which increased sales by 10% in that category and was in “Taiwan 2016 top 10 search hashtag”.
• Analyzed sales and inventory data, recommended the discount rate for different chain stores.
• Implemented brand concept test, taste test, recognition research, A/B test to understand customer behavior.
• Held 3 times of internal seminars to share industry trend and outline of valuable customers. Academic Projects
Sales Analysis: UTZ Jan 2020- May 2020
• Dug into 16 million rows of potato chips sales data, used regression analysis to interpret the change of factors affecting on sales. Found the frequencies of discount and advertisement maximize profit.
• Used RFM analysis to segment customers, got demographic characteristics among different group and offered suggestions to build brand loyalty and promote products. Review Analysis: Yelp Dataset Aug 2019- Dec 2020
• Constructed text mining to compare reviews with rating scores to know the specific features for different types of restaurants and services.
• Built time-series model to find the trend of customer preference and used Tableau to visualize the location to know the density of restaurant.
President of UTD Taiwanese Student Association; UT Dallas Mar 2019- Feb 2020
• Drafted annual plan and strategy, promoted events, and successfully raised a fund of $7,000 for operation.
• Managed 4 departments, took control of all situation, and solved problems regardless of the obstacles.