INSPIRING PASSION THROUGH EMPOWERMENT, VISION, STRATEGY AND INNOVATION FOR GROWTH AND PROFITABILITY High-energy and solutions oriented financial executive in the shipping and logistics operations arena. Accomplished professional with 25+ years progressive growth in business management and cost control. Passion for building a robust team culture that meets or exceeds performance targets and financial objectives with a relentless drive to continually improve. Combined career responsibility for programs totaling in excess of $100M. LEADERSHIP SNAPSHOT
• Focuses teams on the right goals, actions, and behaviors that lead to excellence.
• Builds a safety culture so that every individual goes home safely each day to their families.
• Excels at setting vision, leading innovative change, and influencing the future.
• Technically astute and detail oriented but manages at a high elevation.
• Conscientious, straightforward and energetic with significant character and integrity.
• Listens to all team members, embraces diversity within the team.
• Advocates for customers in a fair and balanced way regarding: Quality, Schedule and Cost. CORE COMPETENCE
Distribution Management ● P&L Management ● Customer Focused Solutions ● Strategic Planning ● Customs Knowledge ● International Shipping ● Quality Assurance ● Inventory Control ● Procedures Compliance ● Continuous Improvement ● Transportation ● Material Handling ● Mergers and Acquisitions ● Customer-Relationship Management ● Analytical Skills ● Business Acumen ● Scheduling ● Expediting ● Warehousing ● Payroll ● Taxes ● Banking EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (1987 -1992) Gardner - Webb University
Low Country Cartage Company, Inc. (1993 - 2019) Co-Owner and CFO
$3M+ US based company located in Charleston, SC. Customer base: Automotive, Chemical, Wood, Food, Textiles, Steel. Major customers: Daimler, CNG, Deca Global, Clement Pappas, Saarstahl, Arthur Johnson, IMPTex International, Ajinomoto.
● Track record of success implementing a multi-faceted approach in simultaneously managing all aspects of a company while exceeding all goals and deadlines in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
● Responsible for all accounting operations, month end, quarter and yearly closings.
● Direct company-wide payroll operations, including Human Resources, insurance, employee policies and procedures.
● Drive sales increase, eliminate waste and shortages as well as manage payroll.
● Provide cash and treasury management, including overseeing reconciliation of banking activity, revenue, credit card processing, sales tax returns and investment accounts.
● Maintain efficiency of corporate and field locations, including researching latest software for customer service efficiencies and effective time management.
● Seek and implement effective technologies for cost containment on a continual basis.
● Deliver audit preparation and resolve other formal financial inquiries from agencies, property owners and insurance companies.
● Manage the preparation of financial reports, cost reports, balance sheets, budgets and financial forecasts on a regular basis.
● Oversee cash flow, treasury, Human Resources, unemployment and labor disputes on a routine basis.
● Control theft, fraud and expenses to assist with efficient operations and production.
● Advise on, and accountable for, all financial decisions made in the firm.
● Appointed responsible for financial proposals as well as the management of financial contracts.
● Ensure superior risk management via setup and negotiation of effective insurance policies that include Property and Liability. ADDITIONAL SKILLS
QuickBooks ● FreshBooks ● Office Suite ● PowerPoint ● Excel ● Additional Accounting Software