Humble, TX 77346
David Munoz, NCLC
Objective A Challenging, growth-oriented position requiring strong outside sales, managerial and organizational skills, with a firm where advancement and compensation are based on personal performance.
Experience March 2018-Present
Sr. Sales Specialist
•Promote Xiidra for Dry Eye Disease.
•Top performer: #1 in 90 Day Rxs.
•Own over 50% market share in assigned territory.
Nov 2014-March 2018 Unilens/Valeant/Medical Device Houston, TX Key Account Manager
• Call on Optometrist/Ophthalmologist.
• Sell and promote specialty contact lenses. Custom Multifocals, Custom Torics.
• Increased sales by 115% over budget on all custom lens ytd. Aug 2009-Nov 2014 Independent Sales Consultant/Capital Equipment Houston, TX Contract Sales
• Call on ENT, OBGYN, Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologist, Optometrist and Ophthalmologist.
• Generating monthly average sales of $80K-$150K
• Regional Sales Manager REM Eyewear, consulting role for 13 sales representatives. Ranked
#2 out of 4 regions.
• Responsible for generating sales leads to sell EMR/Retinal Imaging Equipment(Merger Health), aesthetic Lasers(Syneron) high definition ophthalmic lenses(Opthonix), Hightech diagnostic systems(Visionix/Briot), point of care disposables(Inflamadry).
• Actively managing accounts doing, doctor-staff trainings, trouble shooting and installations.
• Currently cover 7 states, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, and Louisiana.
July 2007-Dec.2008 Synergeyes Inc./Medical Device Houston, TX Regional Account Manager & Clinical Field Consultant
• Responsible for the direct sales of Synergeyes specialty hybrid contact lenses.
• Actively managing the sales of three major markets in Texas; Houston, Austin and San Antonio.
• Top Ranked #1 company wide in Sales and Growth year to date.
• Conduct wet labs and personal consultation to ophthalmologist, optometrist, and ophthalmic technicians.
• Have the highest dollar growth in the company coming in at 256% over budget. Nov. 2001-Oct. 2006 Coopervision, Inc./Medical Device Houston, TX Area Sales Manager, Contact Lens Division
• Consistently attained and exceeded forecast by 104% 2006.
• Provide medical device service and education to local eye care professionals.
• Manage Key national accounts: Vision Source, Eyemasters and Regular trade accounts totaling over 400 accounts averaging $3.4 million per year in sales.
• 2003-2005 Century Club Winner.
• 2004 Regional Sales Professional of the year.
• 2005 Region of the year.
Aug. 2000-Nov. 2001 Sun Medical Inc./Capital Equipment Houston, TX Account Manager, Hospital Products Division
• Exceeded forecast by 106% growth for fiscal year 2000.
• Serviced and sold high-end Capital equipment such as lasers; ex: Ecimer, Co2, and Diode.
• Provided customers with disposable hospital products, infant security systems.
• Trained and educated hospital staff, doctors on how to operate lasers and conducted laser safety classes.
May 1996-June 2000 Great Western Optical/Signature Austin, TX Regional Manager
• Eyewear outside sales, managed all of South Texas including Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.
• Responsible for the launch of Eddie Bauer eyewear in South Texas averaging $500,000 a year in sales.
• Maximized sales in region; consistently achieved sales goals. May 1993-May 1996 Houston Eye Associates Houston, TX Contact Lens Specialist
• Provided customer with technical advice, quality healthcare, and specialty contact lens fittings.
• Interacted with medical doctors as manager/trainer of medical residents, optometry students and technicians for 22 Ophthalmologist medical practice. April 1991-May 1993 Cole Vision/Sears Optical Austin, TX Optical Manager
• Handled all merchandising, inventory control, ordering, and cash control.
• Opened/closed store, handled all customer service complaints. Coordinated special promotions and events.
• Supervised and motivated employees to accomplish sales goals.
• Wrote all performance evaluations and salary reviews. Sept. 1989- Mar. 1991 Pro-vision Austin, TX
• Responsible for all finishing laboratory work, quality control, dispensing contacts, eyewear, frame sales and purchasing.
Professional Fellow member of the National Academy of Opticianry Memberships & Fellow member of the Contact Lens Society of America Awards National Contact Lens Certified
2003 & 2005 Century Club Winner (Coopervision)
2004 Regional Sales Professional of the year award (Coopervision) Languages Speak, read and write Spanish fluently.
Education 1989-1991 Wharton Jr. College Sugarland, TX Associates Degree in Science/Pre-Optometry GPA: 3.2 1991-1993 University of Texas Austin, TX
Bachelor Degree in Science/Biology GPA: 3.1