*** ****** ***** **, *********, South Carolina 29072 Objective
Retired Navy IT Manager with a proven communication, networking and management skills. Seeking a rewarding position to grow and develop my skills as an IT Professional and to provide services and leadership to escalate companies’ ability to deliver cutting edge technology to customers, end-user, and stakeholders. Skills & Specialization
• Network Security
• Process Improvement
• Data Collection
• Systems Analysis
• Quality Network
• Software Installation
• Data Processing
• Client Budgets
• Decision Making
• Network Systems
• Project Management
• Problem Solving
• Disaster Recovery
• Unix Servers
• Microsoft Windows
• DNS Configurations
• Microsoft Windows
• Cisco Routing
• Basic Clustering
• Critical Thinker
• Advance Microsoft
• Cloud Computing
ECPI University Columbia, SC
Associates of Applied Science, Computer and information Science; Concentration Cyber Network Security Work Experience
Datacenter IT Supervisor 1 April 2019 – Current
University of South Carolina Columbia, South Carolina
• Manage the day to day activities of the Datacenter operations of the University’s Department of Information Technology.
• Provide 24/7 IT Infrastructure services for all telecommunication and networking equipment.
• Provide general guidance, training and instructions on the installation of network components, wiring, and the monitoring of critical systems to ensure continuous operation.
• Write schedule, assign work, and oversee all work provided by vendors
• Provides employee relations, and related activities.
• Responsible for performance management, evaluation, involve in the interview and hiring process.
• Responsible for the budget, ordering of supplies, submitting purchase order and financial transactions.
• Recommends and implements policies, standards and procedural documentation related to installation of the University IT Infrastructure.
• Provide Tier 2 and 3 technical services in the root cause analysis and resolution of complex hardware and software problems.
• Oversee the monitoring and tracking of ticket system and ticket escalation.
• Develops and maintains emergency response and recovery procedures for all computer operations within the data center.
IT Project Manager May 2016 - Nov 2017
AMSEC, LLC San Diego, CA
• Manage all software involved with C4I installations onboard Navy ships.
• Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients. Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Senior IT Manager Oct 2011 – June 2016
USS ESSEX San Diego, CA
• Supervised 140 personnel in three work-centers in the planning, coordination and integration, of computer and network software, electronic data processing, information systems maintenance, systems analysis, and customer's service for over 3000 users, on three Networks.
• Analyses and report of operation and readiness on high-end communication circuits, and 3 complex networks to higher authority.
• Organized meetings with senior IT leadership ensuring training, inspection and curriculum standards were properly established, maintained, validated and documented.
• Lead a department of 131 high skilled personnel through a historical 18 months 200-Million-dollar Planned maintenance availability.
• Drove the project planning, maintenance and inspection initiative, and enforced strict adherence to the DOD Directive 8570.01 IT Certification Requirements, policy and procedure. IT Branch Infrastructure Manager Nov 2008 - Oct 2011 SPAWAR SYSTEMS CENTER PACIFIC San Diego, CA
• Responsible for managing, leading, administering, integrating, and overseeing the delivery and support for all Navy/Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) information technology (IT) systems and services such as computers, network components, peripheral equipment, software, services, and related resources.
• Awarded a Navy Achievement Medal for exceptional Leadership and Project management as the lead of a major network reconstruction effort, transitioning over 200 workstations and 40 servers from a legacy environment to the NMCI, which yielded an annual cost saving of 243k, project was completed 3 months ahead of time.
IT Helpdesk Manager Oct 2005 - Nov
USS NIMITZ San Diego, CA
• Lead, mentored, trained over 32 enlisted Sailors on the administration and management of two integrated networks ensuring 99% reliability of all systems
• Planned, coordinated and executed the complete upgrade of 2 Integrated Networks Systems Infrastructure, providing oversight which allowed project completion ahead of schedule.
• Administered and Managed 2 Integrated Shipboard Network Systems consisting of 16 Windows and Unix Servers, 32 Alcatel Switches and 2000 workstations, to include backups, disaster recovery and network security compliance.
• Developed Plan of Actions and Milestones and Memorandum of Understanding between Afloat and Ashore information systems resources fully integrating into afloat networks.
• Managed two work centers tracking over 12,000-man hours, 1500 maintenance requirements, and over $150,000 in repair parts resulting in improved reliability, material readiness and reduced downtime.