David K. Kennedy
**** ***** ******* ***.*-K-A.com
Carlsbad, CA 92009 760-***-****
WORSHIP AUDIO & VISUAL SYSTEMS TECH. DIRECTOR & ENGINEER SUMMARY
• Dedicated Christian seeks lead technical role in training & pointing lives to Jesus.
• Lead Sound Engineer for small, med. and mega-churches and schools for over 30 years.
• >30 years experience as a leading audio system designer in the worship & pro-sound market.
• Particular appreciation of nuances between modern music, traditional music, and speech, as related to audio systems and psycho-acoustics, intelligible sound-reinforcement of preaching.
• Strong asset is ability to design audio systems appropriate for each specific application, commonly using innovative loudspeaker-array design techniques with proprietary and stock systems including modern co-axial, planar drivers and woofers with controlled directivity.
• >20 years of experience owning pro.-audio design (& build) companies. Scope of work included all staff and project management, marketing, proposal writing, contracts, design, bid specifications, value-engineering as well as sales and installation supervision of audio equip. EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
• Tech-Director, FOH Engr. & AV Designer at Southeast Christian Church, KY. Scope: design of Acoustics and Audio (live & recorded) for >760,000 sq. ft. campus & 9500 seat Sanctuary.
• Founder/CEO & lead Acoustics/Audio Consultant for WorshipSpace design collaborative.
• Over 30 years successful management of diverse projects involving marketing, staff training, management, contract administration and installation supervision or tech. systems check-out.
• Possess written and verbal skills; works well in small group/team and mentor situations.
• Development and presentation of "Sound Images" AV training seminar materials. SOUND MIXING SERVICES
• Decades of experience mixing worship and concert sound on analogue and digital mixers.
• Set up and mixed/operated sound systems for church and professional music groups – performing traditional, Christian and contemporary music – in hundreds of churches.
• College-trained audio-recording and live-sound engineer – much more time mixing live. SOUND & DISPLAY SYSTEM DESIGN
• Principal designer for more than 250 Audio-Visual system installations for churches.
• Comprehensive, up-to-date knowledge of the subjective and objective attributes and price ranges of loudspeakers, video displays and A/V electronics on the market. STAGE LIGHTING DESIGN / SERVICES
• College trained in Stage Lighting design & operation for live productions.
• Hired & project managed Stage Lighting Designers for mega-church systems. David Kennedy
Page 2 References available upon request
ARCHITECTURAL ACOUSTICS DESIGN
• Acoustical design and treatment: calc. of reverb. time & echo studies for dozens of venues.
• Calculations/Specification of building materials for interior acoustics and noise control.
• Research and design of analog and digital acoustic systems. COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
• >25 years experience with electro-acoustic modeling (CADP2/Modeler/EASE), & CADD
(Visio and AudoDesk); also MS Windows applications such as Excel, Word & PhotoDraw.
• Factory trained on software for control and measurement of sound equipment including: Audio Control Iasys, BSS SoundWeb, WinDR, JBL Smart, MediaMatrix and QSControl. WORK HISTORY
• Tech. Editor & Author for FOH Magazine 2019-current
• Acoustics/Audio Consultant/Owner, David Kennedy Associates, CA, 2002–current
• Applications Engr. for Anchor, HPV, FPS and Orbital (loudspeakers), 2005–2015
• Design Team Leader, Michael Garrison Associates, CA, 1997 – June 2001, thereafter he continued to sub-consultant to them until late 2001.
• Audio Designer & Tech-Director, Southeast Christian Church, KY, 1994 – 1997
• Acoustics/Audio Consultant/Owner, David Kennedy Associates, CA, 1991–1994
• Acoustics/Audio Consultant, Paoletti Associates, San Francisco, CA, 1989 – 1991
• Audio Designer/Branch Manager for His Sound, Inc., Fresno, CA, 1987 – 1989
• Audio Designer/Owner, Sound Advice, Huntington Beach, CA, 1980 – 1987
• Home Audio Sales, Absolute Audio & Sound Hound, Orange, CA, 1977 – 1980 EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
• Associate in Arts, Audio/Recording Arts Program, Golden West College, 1980 courses: Audio Engineering, Recording, Music, Electronics, Physics & Woodshop
• Certified Factory Training: MediaMatrix, BSS Soundweb, IED & JBL Workshops
• B&K Seminars and continuous personal study in all areas of design work
• Synergetic Audio Concepts – Design, Advanced and Horns II workshops
• Acoustical Society of America (ASA) & Audio Engineering Society (AES)
• National Sound Contractors (NSCA) & Projector Shoot-outs – INFOCOMM
• Studied and performed music for 10 years in school. TECHNICAL PAPERS WRITTEN
• Monthly Tech. Feature article series for FRONT of HOUSE Magazine 2019/20
• Infrastructure for Worship Space Technical Systems Church Production Magazine, Mar. 03
• Review of Bose MA12 Line-Array Loudspeaker Church Production Magazine, Mar. 03
• “Stage Monitors – One Size Does Not Fit All” Church Production Magazine, Nov. 02
• “An Overview of DSP for Live Sound” Church Production Magazine, Sept. 2002
• “Loudspeaker Manufacturers Debate Differing Design Philosophies” Pro Sound News