D A R R E L L J. C O M M I N E R Y
Los Angeles, CA 818-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
E D U C A T I O N
University of California, Riverside BA, History and Media Studies September 2008 - June 2012 University of California EAOP Study Abroad Program Rome, Italy Art History S K I L L S
Proficiencies include: MS Office Adobe Suite Social Media: IG, YT, FB, SC Managing: content management systems, integrated website builders, hosting services, e-commerce websites platforms, and domain name registrars P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
HAUS OF GAGA, Beverly Hills, CA May 2017—Present
Executive Assistant to Bobby Campbell - Lady Gaga’s Manager
● Acted as chief of staff for artist’s independent management company (Mermaid Music) and creative collective (Haus of Gaga)
● Served as point of contact for talent agency, record label, business managers and legal teams and other sundry third parties
● Acted as an internal team’s integrated marketing director/specialist to ideate and execute various integrated marketing programs and projects to support her various business verticals
● Created marketing rollout plans for new music and multiplatform projects
● Sourced new business ventures and key contacts that led to financially successful business partnerships (IE. sourced Creative Directors and Photographers for Haus Laboratories campaigns and activations)
● Created innovative and cutting edge marketing activations for world tour (Joanne), Las Vegas Residency (Enigma and Jazz and Piano), Born This Way Foundation, Beauty Brand (Haus Labs) brand partnerships (Tudor, Verizon, Staples, Swarovski, Google, Apple), new music, films (A Star Is Born and Gaga: Five Foot Two) and various TV projects and appearances.
● Ideated and executed various rigorous content plans which included audio and video content always optimized for each distribution network/channel backed with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign and or project
● Attended and contributed to artists meetings for various projects and provided feedback and recommendations for high-level multimillion dollar deals and projects and provided regular updates to senior partners for all projects I was tasked with managing.
● Acted as a cultural data mine / brain trust for company so that projects were always forward thinking and trendsetting as opposed to trend-following and or outdated / out of touch
● Regularly sourced creative talent (directors, writers, artists, photographers, technologists, designers, etc) for innovative creative project collaborations (I.E. sourced the Director of Haus Labs Campaign)
● Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams to develop and drive business processes, which included escalation of strategic opportunities and or challenges to senior management for consideration and when appropriate as to avoid liability and to mitigate risk to artist image and or business vitality. CAA, Los Angeles October 2013—May 2017
Executive Assistant, Brand Endorsements and Partnerships
● Liaised with casting and production departments at all major studios (including DreamWorks, Disney, Illumination, Laika, Pixar, Sony, and Warner Bros., to provide coverage of film projects and find animated feature roles for high-profile clients.
● Communicated directly with independent casting directors, buyers, and advertising agencies to find VO opportunities for clients in advertising campaigns for brands such as Heineken, Allstate, Delta, Hennessy, Northwestern Mutual, and Visa.
● Partnered with radio and podcast companies including Sirius XM, Gimlet, Midroll, Panoply and WNYC to identify opportunities for clients.
● Oversaw all aspects of client audition process from recording clients in recording studio, editing materials and submitting auditions to casting.
AMERICORPS, Los Angeles August 2012—May 2013
● Created and managed external and internal operations of Socio-Emotional Learning Program of a cohort of 50 clients
● Delivered weekly staff presentations on KPI, New Initiatives, Project Updates and conducted new hire on-boarding and training.
● Served as point of contact for events, routed research materials to senior leadership and collaborated with senior leadership to create community wide initiatives and events.
● American Version of Peace Corps where we helped build underserved communities with educational resources.