HEET RAJESH PALOD
• University of Washington Seattle, WA
Master of Science in Information Management, Information School Expected June 2021 Specializations: Data Science, Business Intelligence – GPA: 3.78/4
• University of Mumbai Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, Fr. Conceicao Rodrigues Institute of Technology (FCRIT) May 2017 Valedictorian of the class 2017 – GPA: 3.51/4 (WES) WORK EXPERIENCE
• Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, India July 2017 – Aug 2019 Ø Data Scientist
- Machine Learning: Developed an analytics solution on Azure to predict & prevent future failure points of water pumps by detecting anomalies using real-time streaming to decrease the system’s downtime; increasing the overall accuracy by 30%.
- Data Engineering & Visualization: Discovered correlations between different parameters of the client’s data using feature engineering; created dashboards & reports of anomalies to extract insights and actionable for decision-makers. Ø Software Engineer
- Business Analysis: Interacted directly with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, analyzed business challenges, created user stories and prepared design flows, imparted data-driven decisions and worked with stakeholders (Management, Design, Tech, and Executives) to define A/B test requirements for architecting solutions.
- Software Development: Developed the organization’s Delivery Management System (DMS), a web-based application that allows the senior management to track/update resources' billing activities and project management health reports ensuring permissible business transactions; thus, reducing the manual efforts by 71% and saving up to $120,000 revenue per annum.
- Data Governance: Created & strategically scheduled several SQL and Java-based cron jobs to automate data management processes and data sanity-checks, thus eliminating the outliers in data; reducing the reported discrepancies rate by 34%.
- Problem-solving & Business Intelligence: Identified and resolved critical production bugs/issues arising in the business systems by leading the RCA team and providing accurate, relevant and meaningful ad-hoc analysis to management by supporting strategic and tactical decision-making, thereby reducing the logged bugs/issues rate by 68%.
- Content Management System (CMS): Developed & maintained the organization's intranet portal- Xornet, a networking platform for 5000+ active users using Drupal 7; and performed deployment of releases into the production environment.
- Product Management: Conducted code reviews, assisted in transitioning SDLC from waterfall to sprint planning, developed technical specifications & maintained product backlog with Dev, UX & QA teams, and managed the SLA for production support. TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Applied Machine Learning Engineer, NASA SpaceApps Hackathon, Seattle, WA Oct 2019
- Machine Learning: Developed a demo-application- AccuWater, aimed to determine the most influential features affecting phytoplankton algal growth using NASA’s open-source MODIS data applying supervised machine learning techniques.
• Research Assistant, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai, India June 2016 – Apr 2017
- Machine Learning: Devised a state-of-the-art national security safeguarding solution providing 24/7 real-time security applying Support Vector Machine and image processing techniques achieving an accuracy of 95% for the undergraduate capstone project.
- Published a paper titled ‘Ship intrusion detection security system using image processing & SVM’ in IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- Awarded the Best Project title at P-Cube 2017 (Undergraduate Capstone Project Exhibition), FCRIT, University of Mumbai.
• Team Lead, Smart India Hackathon 2017, Government of India Jan 2017 – Apr 2017
- Data Mining: Built a system to evaluate the on-time performance of various airlines employing the DBSCAN clustering algorithm to leverage the generated reports as a marketing tool for the Airport Authority of India (AAI), Government of India.
• Winter Intern - Data Analyst, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, India Dec 2016 – Jan 2017
- Data Analysis: Developed and deployed a Java-based user interactive application for Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) operations on seismic event records using NetBeans, Java and MySQL technology stack at the Seismology Division, BARC. HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Mentored a team of engineering students to victory at Smart India Hackathon 2019 with a reward of $1500. Mar 2019
• Received on-the-spot Kudos (recognition) for outstanding performance in the Q4 of 2018 at Xoriant Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Dec 2018
• Valedictorian of the Bachelor of Engineering - Computer Science 2017 class at FCRIT, University of Mumbai. Sept 2017 COMMUNITY SERVICE
• Teaching Volunteer, U&I Trust (NGO), Mumbai, India June 2018 - Mar 2019
- Spent minimum 2.5hrs/week to teach less privileged children English, Mathematics & Science; prepared and graded assessments; and maintained grading records.
• Resource Speaker, Computer Science Engineering Department, FCRIT, Navi Mumbai, India Aug 2018 - July 2019
- Delivered several lectures on core CS subjects like Analysis of Algorithms, Applications of algorithms in Data Science, Parallel algorithms, Theory of computational science, etc. to 300+ CS undergrad students at FCRIT, University of Mumbai.