***** ******** **., ***** ****, Texas 77498
Rental, repair service, and sales management in the safety and construction tool and supply businesses with a proven track record of increasing sales and establishing and exceeding customer expectations. Highly experienced in customer service, inventory control and procurement. Highly experienced in parts inventory management and processes. Delivered strong revenue and profit gains by inventory cost reductions and the implementation of "Just in Time" ordering procedures for service departments. Improved rental inventory utilization by applying regular maintenance schedules by equipment type and need, resulting in reduced downtime and increased availability.
• Professional manager with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Strong leadership and communication skills. Recognized for expert problem identification, trouble-shooting and practical problem solving skills.
• Factory trained at Greenlee Textron, The Ridge Tool Co. and Ingersoll Rand (portable compressor division)
Areas of Expertise
• Researching and proposing system improvements and presenting recommendations with detailed cost benefit analysis and estimated ROI for rental equipment.
• Designing and implementing tracking systems for purchase orders to increase accuracy in budgeting and cost control.
• Streamlining daily business processes and increasing productivity levels.
• Rapidly mastering new product data, diversifying product lines and increasing sales.
• Restructuring inventory systems (stock levels and removing archaic items), resulting in the substantial reduction in annual fiscal inventory from the retail average and slashing surplus stock.
• Monitoring receiving, check-in and stocking of goods and verifying accuracy.
January 2014- Current
Plan Reviewer / Plan Runner
Review commercial building plans and collate prior to submission for plan review by various municipalities in the Greater Houston Area (City of Houston, City of Bellaire, Harris County, etc.), for issuance of permits for EMP (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing), Building occupancy etc. coordinate submission of plans in electronic plan review for City of Houston. Work with building owners to arrive at building solutions for permitting. I assisted in the building of a chart of accounts in Quick Books for accounts receivables.
Penhall Company, Houston, Texas
October 2017 to July 2018
Inside Sales Representative
Researched and developed new leads for company services. Cold calling, marketing and selling concrete cutting / coring to construction companies. Responsibilities included scheduling cutting and coring services. I received incoming sales calls. Enter new company data into CRM system, run reports in CRM. I facilitated the scheduling of meetings and ‘job walks’ with outside sales reps and construction superintendents. Maintain customer and job information in CRM system.
HERC Rentals Inc. Pro Solutions, (Formerly Hertz, Service Pump and Compressor), Deer Park, Texas.
September 2013 to July 2017
Shop Supervisor/Parts Coordinator
Responsibilities included ordering repair parts for rental equipment and repair services. Managing the parts inventory for resale and scheduled maintenance contracts. Inside sales for repair and maintenance parts. Coordinating and directing both shop and external service personnel with daily and planned PM and repair of rental and customer owned equipment. Instituted new policies for mechanics obtaining repair parts resulting in significant reductions in the equipment unavailable for rent.
Vallen Safety, (Formerly Hagemeyer North America.) Pasadena, Texas
January 2008 to April 2013
Rental and Turnaround Manager
Managed the rental hub, supplying branches and end users throughout the United States with equipment for gas detection, breathing air, and confined space safety equipment. Implemented new tracking and billing software for Rental Services. Administered all aspects of Rental Services including but not limited to; A/P (expenses), billing and equipment tracking. Responsible for procuring equipment for large turnaround jobs, daily and weekly billing based upon usage. Managed the Instrument Services Division for the repair and calibration of gas detection monitors. Reduced parts inventory levels by fifty percent.
J & T Tool and Supply Co., In., Houston, Texas
July 1985 to September 2007
Inside Sales, Service / Rental Manager
Managed the repair / service department overseeing the complete process from equipment intake through invoicing. Consistently improving all aspects of the process, including technician efficiency, parts inventory, parts ordering and invoicing.
Established and maintained excellent customer relationships throughout all aspects of the construction supply business resulting in consistent sales growth without sacrificing profitability
Increased rental equipment utilization rates and diversified equipment types resulting increased profit margins and reduced inventory levels.
Houston Community College
Spring Woods High School