Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
A position of a general manager/ senior manager in the organization where my outstanding knowledge, proven expertise, rich experience and professional skills can add a great value.
Positive, results-driven, and innovative individual with proven success in balancing operational efficiencies and business growth with client satisfaction, offering over 18 years of experience in general management of world-class organizations within the Hospitality, Customer Service and facility Management industries.
Take pride in ability to effectively combine corporate objectives and values with personal and professional goals and work ethics. Employ proactive management and strong leadership techniques to generate accomplishment-driven workplace environment, resulting in employee loyalty and customer satisfaction at all levels. Oversee the day to day activities and events and carry out all guest’s feedback & concerns for necessary action.
• Company-Wide Action Plans • Competitive Market Positioning
• Operations, events and meetings • Financial Management
• Team Building and Leadership • Strategic Planning and Growth
• Productivity/Efficiency Improvements • Executive-Level meetings
• Global Market Modeling • Develop & implement best practice
• Facility Management • Sales and Business Development
Al-Khoory Atrium Hotel Dubai, UAE Nov 2018 to Dec 2019
A 4 stars property consists of 227 rooms & suites in the heart of Al-Barsha area with prime location and well designed.
Headed functions of strategic planning, business development, sales, facility management, food & beverage, front office, restaurant operations, housekeeping, security management, administration, events & promotions and team leadership
Devised strategies for consistent top line and bottom line growth; formulated & implemented annual operational plan, budget and SOPs
Identified changes in demand in hotel market and revamped sales & operational strategies for revenue growth
Maximizing customer delight by providing high quality services to key corporate accounts.
Ensured effective hiring, training, development and retention of staff.
Monitoring the team performance and setting up weekly & monthly duty roasters and delegate the daily tasks to ensure smooth operation.
Daily inspections are conducted in property and ensured tasks are assigned to concerned team members.
Heading daily morning briefing with all HOD’s (Head of departments: Front office, Sales & Marketing, Housekeeping, Engineering, Food & beverage, accounting and Human resources) to overlook the daily activities and operational tasks in terms of bookings, meetings, seminars, guest requests and all other aspects.
Handling a weekly revenue & sales meeting to discuss the forecast of the month and the plans to achieve the budgeting figures. Consistently improved yield, profitability and competitive positioning.
Attend weekly & monthly meetings with the management office to overview the results and initiate necessary steps to drive the figures forward and improve services where ever needed.
Setting up a monthly Engineering and maintenance meetings to discuss all related issues and maintain high quality standards, in addition conduct a monthly sustainability training for all staffs.
Handling owner’s meetings, events and seminars in the property.
Submitting daily, weekly and monthly revenue and forecast, reports to management.
Reflections Hotel Dubai, UAE June 2017 to Nov 2018
Spearheaded complete operations of the property consisting of 100 rooms, 2 restaurants and 50+ staff Headed functions of strategic planning, business development, sales, facility management, food & beverage, front office, restaurant operations, housekeeping, security management, administration, events & promotions and team leadership Devised strategies for consistent top line and bottom line growth; formulated & implemented annual operational plan, budget and SOPs Identified changes in demand in hotel market and revamped sales & operational strategies for revenue growth Maximizing customer delight by providing high quality to key corporate accounts Ensured effective hiring, training, development and retention of staff Converted customers from competitors’ services and cultivated excellent relationships with new prospects & existing customers.
Grew profits by 10-15% Year-On-Year through extensive market analysis and by effectively positioning the company Reduced cost by: o 25% by introducing & implementing a system to monitor & control wastages o 20% through proper utilization of resources available with better output.
General Manager 2009 to 2011 – 2014to 2017
Cassells Al-Barsha Hotel, Dubai, UAE
312 rooms, 3 restaurants, 2 meeting rooms and 150+ staffs Headed
• Conferred and cooperated with management and others in formulating and implemented administrative, operational and customer relations, policies and procedures.
• Interacted with customers and shippers to solicit new business, answer questions about services offered and required, and investigate complaints.
• Established Sales & Marketing teams and planning phase for a calendar year.
• Handled day to day operations with the different departments and managed preparation for the pre-opening of the hotel.
• Developed strategic financial plans with department heads.
• Encouraged strong business relationships with financial managers and principals' financial personnel.
• Developed expertise in obtaining government contracts to provide a wide variety of products and services.
• Created integrated sales and marketing strategies, and coordinated national and regional sales program implementation.
• Created and sustained an office environment that challenged and motivated everyone to deliver high class customer service.
• Demonstrated success in accelerating growth and generating substantial profits in environmentally diverse turnaround Hospitality sector.
• Empowered self-directed work teams, eliminating all production supervisor positions.
General Manager 2011 to 2014 - 2008 to 2009
Cassells Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, the UAE
150 Apartments, 2 Restaurants, 2 Banquets & meeting halls, 80+ staffs headed.
• Developed and maintained quality management systems to ensure the best of quality and in return achieved highest customer service.
• Administered and directed all aspects of firm's planning/development strategies; drove forward new business. Development through in-depth analysis of clients' needs and requirements to promote growth and enhance revenue.
• Worked closely with management, staff, and government entities to position the company for continued growth and market expansion.
• Reported to the group’s chairman and held daily morning briefing for the department heads. Conduct monthly operational meetings to review the previous month results and the forecast for upcoming 3 months to plan and set up strategies accordingly.
• Encouraged staff by awarding employee of the month, employee of the year, best smile and yearly performance evaluation (points).
• Developed and implemented policy and procedure manuals, updating old material into comprehensive instructional manuals, clarifying areas of responsibilities.
• Planned and executed comprehensive marketing strategy to successfully ignite growth and profits.
• Prepared and achieved the annual budgets, ensured that revenue is maximized and cost is controlled in line with budgets and revenue flows as well as P&L of the company unit and subsidiaries. Consistently achieved sales targets of AED 25 Million Developed high profile accounts from different sectors such as Government, Oil & Gas (ADNOC Group in Khalifa Committee) & International Corporate Accounts
• Directed and controlled a large business unit and gave strategic direction so that division and company achieves its mission and objectives.
• Worked closely with external consultants as needed to implement the company's overall business strategy, identify and select third party service providers and appropriate technology solutions for e-commerce and customer relationship management.
• Managed and develop strategic alliances and strong relationships with other companies & competitors to increase business.
Resident Manager CUMR DOSM 2005 to 2008
Cassells Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, the UAE
• Coordinated front-office activities of hotel and motel and resolved problems.
• Inspected guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
• Observed and monitored performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures.
• Conferred and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
• Assigned duties to workers and scheduled shifts.
• Answered inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolved occupants' complaints.
• Reported to the hotel General Manager and assisted him in routine operations.
• Directed selling strategies to increase sales and prepared budget and forecast for the following year.
• Assisted sales & Marketing in the yearly marketing plan and ensured the implementation of the action plan. Increased sales by 20% through effective selling strategies
• Achieved high revenues with proven record and improved services to get high quality standards.
Director of Sales & Marketing 2003 to 2005
Cassells Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, the UAE
• Heightened awareness of products and services through national sales promotions and advertising campaigns.
• Introduced product features to meeting planners, convention service managers, and human resource managers.
• Created, developed and executed marketing plan for entry into packaging business.
• Marketed products and services to companies through conferences, trade shows, mailings, and other forums.
• Oversaw marketing, business development, and delivery teams.
• Designed, developed, and presented marketing strategies to grow business in a competitive marketplace.
• Performed in-depth needs assessment and facilitated implementation of a comprehensive business operating systems.
• Positioned the company to expand through franchising internationally.
• Developed department's budget - sales forecast, overhead, salary, marketing, and business development and technology costs.
• Developed strategic partnerships to license software and expand business opportunities.
• Collaborated with sales teams in key accounts areas to brainstorm new revenue-generating models.
Director of Sales & Marketing 2001 to 2003
Corniche Towers Residence, Abu Dhabi, the UAE
• Forecasted demand patterns and revisions where necessary to maintain inventory control.
• Analyzed competition, market positions, product lines and service levels.
• Developed a client base through business-to-business and business-to-consumer sales.
• Called on sales and marketing representatives, corporate account managers, and district managers on the corporate level.
• Trained staff in new programs, policies, computer updates and product information.
• Directed daily operations within the department including marketing, sales, and customer relations.
• Designed and managed marketing programs including promotional strategies, brand integrity, and marketing collateral.
• Oversaw all aspects of marketing, including product management, segment and strategic marketing, roadmaps, product definition, R&D, partnerships, M&A valuation, business plans, profitability and growth.
• Provided creative direction, strategy, and marketing support to new venture.
• Drove and maintained strong industry-wide reputation for technical and service excellence.
Administrative Manager 1994 to 1997
Emirates Castle Contracting Co., Abu Dhabi, the UAE
• Answered inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
• Planned and organized accommodation, catering and other hotel services.
• Promoted and marketed the business.
• Managed budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure.
• Analyzed sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies.
• Maintained statistical and financial records; set and achieved sales and profit targets.
• Dealt with contractors and suppliers; supervised maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings.
• Carried out inspections of property and services and ensured compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Arranged seminars and sited logistical inspections.
• Prepared tenders and organized deliveries, purchasing and inventory.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
• Bachelor's, Business Administration 2000
Ajman University, Ajman, the UAE
• Diploma, Aerospace Engineering 1994
Dubai Aviation College, Dubai, the UAE
• Windows™: (7™, Vista™, XP™)
• Microsoft Office™: (Word™, Excel™ PowerPoint™ Project™)
• Internet Navigation & E-mail
• Arabic (Fluent)
• English (Fluent)