EXPERIENCE - REAL ESTATE
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Political Science & Anthropology
The Culver Academy
BROKER May 2016-Present
Coldwell Banker, RWG Culver, Indiana
Recruited by Coldwell Banker to open, manage and maintain the branch office in Culver, Indiana.
• Obtained exclusive referrals from The Culver Academy for incoming faculty/staff in need of housing.
• Collaborated with the “Blue Crew”, Coldwell Banker’s exclusive marketing team to create an image and brand for Lindsey Pick Properties.
• Was chosen to be a member of the beta test group for a new lead generating and client management system. Responsible for individual or small group training of new system. BROKER June 2014-May 2016
RE/MAX Culver, Indiana
Recruited by top producing agent in Indiana to join sales team as a buyer and selling agent.
• Obtained largest number of commercial listings in Culver within first six months as an agent.
• Was listed as top producing agent by volume within MLS in first nine months as an agent.
• Assisted office assistant with verbiage for input of listings into MLS. BROKER RESPONSIBILITIES .
• Work as agent representing both home buyers and sellers as well as represent clients in commercial real estate sales transactions.
• Prepare documents such as purchase agreements, leases, seller net sheets, buyer proceeds, competitive market analysis, and closing statements.
• Establish and build relationships with vendors such as home inspectors, mortgage brokers, loan officers, title companies and appraisers.
• Market myself on major websites such as realtor.com, Zillow and Trulia as well as maintain social media pages such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat.
• Prepare specifically tailored marketing plans for homeowners selling their property to include neighborhood mailings, open house events, and social media marketing.
• Advise clients on current market conditions, zoning laws, property taxes and the negotiation process of a real estate transactions.
• Maintain and manage client ‘drip campaigns’ to include personal touches such as birthdays, open house reminders, congratulatory notes, and real estate news.
• Continually develop an effective network of property and customer referral sources. Real Estate Broker
Texas Real Estate
Indiana Real Estate
Illinois Real Estate
For the past 16 years I have been involved in some aspect of the real estate business; as a rookie RENTAL AGENT for a fast paced property management firm in one of the largest cities in the world, as a HOME FLIPPER on the verge of a market crash, as an ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR for new home buyers at one of the most prestigious real estate developments in the Vail Valley, as an entrepreneurial PROPERTY MANAGER for short and long term rentals in one of the smallest resort communities in Northern Indiana and as a REAL ESTATE BROKER in a rural farming community and secondary homeowner lake town. If there is one thing that remains constant, and continues to fuel my passion for the industry, it is that PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS STILL MATTER. Although the 21st century’s ‘shiny object syndrome’ may permeate much of our daily lives, I attribute a large portion of of my success, to my ability to recognize that building a business is one part embracing technology, one part cultivating lasting relationships, and one part pure grit and perseverance.
Real Estate Sales
Real Estate Rentals
Special Event Planning
EXPERIENCE- REAL ESTATE Continued
PROPERTY MANAGER January 2010 -Present
Lindsey Pick Properties LLC Culver, Indiana
Manage seven individually owned second homes for out-of-state clients in order to generate rental income when residence is not being personally occupied.
• Utilize the Airbnb platform to manage all aspects of rental inquiry’s in a timely manner.
• Direct supervision of one contractor, one cleaning crew and one landscaping crew for all homes under management.
• Use Quickbooks online to manage invoicing for each client to include: internet, utilities, trash collection/recycling, water, vendor payments, rent collection and rental management commissions.
• Market homeowner property by highlighting specific features of the home, detailed photos, management of the the rental calendar, social media and local advertising.
• Create individual homeowner “welcome” manual to include Wi-Fi passwords, key box location, important safety tips, “how-to” for use of specific appliances and electronics, local area attractions and specific parking, check-in, and check out procedures. MEMBERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR October 2006-May 2007 The Brightwater Club Beaver Creek, Colorado
Supported the real estate sales team by acting as a concierge for all Brightwater Development potential buyers.
• In charge of visit coordination for interested prospects that included itinerary generation, travel arrangements, lodging arrangements, special on-site meetings and specific home and development tours.
• Spearheaded marketing efforts to help generate new business. In charge of website updates to include calendar of events, creation of promotional material to advertise open house weekends in local and regional papers, coordination and copy for monthly electronic newsletter with input from different departments, and sought out existing community opportunities that brought club and community members together for social and educational activities.
• Responsible for planning and implementing activities and events for current Brightwater members in an effort in enrich the club member experience. Activities included such events as ski and tee (golf) afternoons, fly fishing demonstrations, visiting artist, wine time, and cooking tutorials .
• Responsible for personal and timely response to all new buyer inquiry’s via website and lead generation software and proper re-direct to real estate agents. LICENSED LEASING AGENT January 2001 to May 2003
ICM Properties Chicago, Illinois
Responsible for the performance of all activities related to generating maximum apartment rentals, marketing properties/apartments, move-ins, move-outs, lease renewals and vendor bill payment.
• As an independent contractor, job required interacting directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy by showing, marketing, negotiating and closing current lease contracts.
• Secondary responsibilities included, following up calls to clients to help generate new business, qualifying prospects with credit report software, fielding all clients maintenance request to proper building supervisors, and responding to all newspaper add leads.
• Was chosen by owners for non-commission additional responsibly of ICM vendor bill payment using YARDI that included two hundred buildings. Also assisted the assistant property manager with the implementation of all lessee information into YARDI database.
Over 3M in sales volume last
Ranked 4th agent in sales
volume within office
MLS (Multiple Listing)
EXPERIENCE -MARKETING & EVENT PLANNING
• Reunion/Fundraising Chair-Culver Academy Class of 1995
• Volunteer Board Member- The Culver Visitors Center
• First Vice President- The Culver Club of Culver
• Social Chair- The Culver Yacht Club
• Organizational Committee Member- Culver Fall Fest
• Member- The Culver Chamber of Commerce
• Member- Indiana Board of Realtors
• Member- Indiana Quarter Horse Association
• Member- The National Association of Realtors (NAR)
• Member- The North Central Indiana Association of Realtors INTERESTS & HOBBIES
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI RELATIONS & SPECIAL EVENTS The Culver Academy Culver, Indiana
Worked closely with the Alumni Director in coordinating all aspects of alumni special events and marketing as part of a Development department responsible for raising $368 million dollars as part of Culver’s By Example capital campaign, the largest secondary school capital campaign in history. May 2003-September 2006 and May 2007-May 2009
• Responsible for creating, executing and managing programs that involved Culver alumni, parents and friends in the ongoing life of The Culver Academies and Summer Camps.
• Department lead in charge of all on -and-off campus special event programming involving alumni and parents; alumni reunions, summer homecoming, centennial celebrations, commencement weekend, mini-reunions, and affinity reunions (hockey, horsemanship, and aviation), ethics weekend, volunteer board visits, and parent’s weekend.
• In charge of relaying all special event weekend schedules to other departments on campus; Facilities, Catering, Communications and Security in an effort to promote weekend cohesiveness.
• Served as the general secretary for the Culver Legion and its governing board.
• Responsible for all special event follow up including budget reconciliation, attendance tracking, thank you notes and follow up mailings.
• Acted as the Director of Culver Clubs, solely responsible for managing thirty-nine social alumni groups designed to provide a base of support for career networking, development efforts and prospective students.
• Developed, wrote and communicated club chapter news to the Director of Communications for publication in the Alumni Magazine.
• Created and posted all special event save-the-date promotional and marketing materials for e-mail blasts, websites and social media venues with the approval of Director of Communications.
• Spearheaded all marketing duties associated with the implementation of special events and Culver Club events. Duties included; maintaining marketing budgets, coordinating on-line registrations, organizing printing and mailing lists for promotional materials and tracking attendance.