SUPRIYA GUPTA IIT KHARAGPUR
INDUSTRIAL AND SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
MINOR in MATHEMATICS & COMPUTING
Pre-Final Year Undergraduate Student (CGPA – 8.47/10) DATA ANALYST ENVESTNET YODLEE (May'19 - Jul'19)
• Created US-wide data for all merchants and customers by extracting information from web scraping using Scrapy to optimized the scraping time.
• Analyzed consumer's reviews & ratings and change in merchant's behavior with respect to time.
• Normalized consumer’s rating and obtained different merchant level granular categories & types of consumers visiting the merchant. MACHINE LEARNING INTERN REACH TECHNOLOGIES (Sept'19 - Present)
• Building a database for resumes of the faculties / professors from google and Linkedin as per the company’s needs with the help of binary searching.
• Building a binary classifier for the resumes to classify random CVs and required CVs using text written on each extracted pdf.
• Working on designing a machine learning model using natural language processing for text mining and obtaining useful information from required CVs. SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT EDUFEAT PRIVATE LIMITED (Dec'18 - Jun'19)
• Worked as a tutor for the students of high schools in a six-month part-time internship under Edufeat Private Limited.
• Helped many students by solving numerous problems in various subjects like Linear Algebra, Probability, Statistics, Economics, Production Planning. MARKETING TRAINEE COGNITIO (Nov'16 – Dec'16)
• Conducted several workshops on career counseling and career guidance in various schools, coaching centers, and tuition classes.
• Supervised the AISAT exam for 300 students and generated a revenue of Rs. 90,000/- in coordination with various schools and tuition teachers. BUYING / SELLING PORTAL FOR USED ITEMS UNDER PROF. SOUMYANATH CHATTERJEE (Aug'19 – Present)
• Designing an android application for buying and selling used-items (second-hand items) for different users of IIT Kharagpur using Android Studio.
• Working in a team of five and each one is designing different pages (login/signup, home, user’s details including sold/unsold items, item’s details) in the app. EFFECTS AND PREDICTION OF ONLINE RATINGS IN RECOMMENDER SYSTEM UNDER PROF. JITENDRA KUMAR JHA (Sep'19 – Present)
• Analyzing the effect of past ratings on upcoming consumer’s decision of buying a product by checking its utility with the customer’s expected utility.
• Predicting the ratings of unrated items for each user with the help of a model-based and a memory-based approach in collaborative filtering. SIMULATION OF RAILWAY TICKET COUNTERS KHARAGPUR RAILWAY STATION UNDER PROF. GAUTAM SEN (Feb'19 - Apr'19)
• Analyzed the functionalities of the ticket counters at the Kharagpur Railway Station and tracked waiting time & service time of the passengers.
• Built a simulation model of a ticket-counter in ARENA and analyzed its performance by changing counters & service time distribution of the operators.
• Better practices were suggested to the Station for a higher satisfaction level of the passengers. VEHICLE ROUTING PROBLEM USING SEARCH ALGORITHM UNDER PROF. MANOJ KUMAR TIWARI (Mar'19 - Apr'19)
• Solved a multi-depot, multi-compartment vehicle routing problem using the Hybrid Adaptive Large Neighborhood Search Algorithm (HALNS).
• Obtained an optimal result for transportation by changing various parameters like number of turns, number of initial solutions, temperature, etc. TIME SERIES FORECASTING BIKE SHARING PROBLEM UNDER PROF. BUDHANANDA BANERJEE (Oct'18 - Nov'18)
• Performed exploratory Data Analysis to check the variation of no. of rental bikes based on different features and removed the outliers from the data.
• Trained an ARIMA model on stationary data to predict the future bike rentals after removing collinearity between the variables. PREDICTION OF ROAD SAFETY MODEL TATA STEEL INDUSTRY, JAMSHEDPUR UNDER PROF. JHARESWAR MAITI (Apr'18 - Jun'18)
• Built a fuzzy model based on the previous incidences that occurred in Tata Steel for better safety norms so that the rate of road accidents can be decreased.
• Obtained elements of the hazard triangle for each incident and categorized it by safety measures that could have taken before and after the occurrence. MULTI-OBJECTIVE OPTIMIZATION COST AND COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH OF CONCRETE UNDER PROF. NIRUPAM CHAKRABARTI (Feb'18 - Apr'18)
• Used an evolutionary neural network algorithm EvoNN to determine the optimal trade-off between the cost and concrete compressive strength.
• Pointed out an optimal composition of raw materials with the help of pareto front that would be suitable for mass production of concrete. HINDUSTAN UNILEVER BFS HACKATHON SKILLENZA: Participated in a team of 3 and achieved 1st rank in the first round among all the data enthusiastic teams for a regression problem. Secured a position under top 5 teams in the second round which was a real-life based business problem faced by Unilever. JUMPSTART 2019 PUBLICIS SAPIENT: Was ranked among the top contestants in an online competitive coding competition held on interview bit, conducted by Publicis Sapient and one of the few students who got an invitation for a 2-day event named JumpStart 2019 in Gurugram. HSBC AI HACKATHON 2019 IIT KHARAGPUR: Worked on detecting as well as predicting the change in customer behavior over past credit card transaction before-hand. Used anomaly detection techniques like Isolation Forest & Extended Isolation Forest to identify extremely rare customer behavioral changes. ZS CAMPUS BEATS CASE CHALLENGE 2019: Participated in a team of four members and brain-stormed on various real-world business problems. DATA ANALYTICS HALL GC EVENT, 2019 IIT KHARAGPUR: Trained a machine learning model to classify four different types of network congestion
(multi-variate classification) based on various features such as data consumption with concerning time, congestion of users on the same network, etc. PRODUCT DESIGN HALL GC EVENT, 2018 IIT KHARAGPUR: Designed a product washing machine for washing reusable sanitary napkins (WashM). Devised the same for the optimum structure, power consumption, and cost-effectiveness. HALL SECRETARY MOTHER TERESA HALL OF RESIDENCE, IIT KHARAGPUR (Jul'17 – Apr'18)
• Utilized a budget of Rs. 75,000/- in maintaining hall library & purchasing books and also managed the records of hall library books.
• Supervised and managed Illumination and GC-events held at IIT Kharagpur with the help of other general secretaries. Machine Learning Data Analysis / Data Visualization (Python) Competitive Coding (C++, Python, Java) Web Scraping (Scrapy, Selenium, Bs4) Data Mining MATLAB MongoDB MySQL MS-EXCEL CPLEX SAS Tableau JetBrains PyCharm Microsoft Azure Android Studio Arena(Simulation)
Git Regression Analysis ARIMA Operation Research (Linear / Non-Linear Programming) Logistics and Supply Chain Management SolidWorks
• Achieved 2819 AIR (98.12 percentile) among 150,000 students in JEE Advanced 2016 and became the department rank opener in IIT Kharagpur.
• Obtained 97.85 percentile in a nationwide entrance exam JEE Mains 2016 out of roughly 1,300,000 aspirants.
• Was ranked in a 3rd position for building a model of Water Level Indicator in a Science Exhibition 2012 held in the high school.
• Secured 1st position at the school level in EduHeal Foundation National Interactive Mathematics Olympiad 2011 (NIMO'11). CONTACT: +91-747******* E-MAIL: email@example.com INTERNSHIPS
POSITION OF RESPONSIBILTY
AWARDS COURSEWORK AND ACHIEVEMENTS INFORMATION
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE