Quick Start Guide
Chapter * - Overview 4 Navigation Drawer 4 File Menu 5 Viewer Menu 6 Toolbox Menu 7 Chapter 2 - Get Files 8 Get Files Stored in Device 8 Get Files via Cloud Storage 8
• Get ﬁles from cloud apps (using Dropbox as an example) 8
• Upload ﬁles to cloud storage (using Dropbox as an example) 9 Get Files from the Web 9 Get Files via PC 9 Get Files via Kdan Cloud 10 Import Email Attachments 10 Chapter 3 - Manage Files 11 Display Files in Thumbnail or List View 11 File Management Mode 11 Rename Files 11 Chapter 4 - Annotate PDFs 12 Long Tap to Change Settings 12 Delete Annotations 12 Chapter 5 - Manage PDF Pages 13 Rearrange Page Order 13 PDF Page Editor 13 Chapter 6 - Kdan Cloud Services 14 Service Menu Overview 14 Online Converter 14 Fax Documents 15 App Security Supported 15 Remove Files from Kdan Cloud 15 Subscription Plans 16 Chapter 1
How to Get Files?
Chapter 1 - Overview
The drawer displays PDF Reader’s main tabs on the left edge of the screen. Users can easily switch to and from between tabs. The drawer is not visible by default and needs to opened either by sliding from left or clicking “ ”.
Tap to change app settings
Kdan Doc tab, display the ﬁles on
your Kdan Cloud storage space
Kdan Account Info
Tap for customer support
Documents tab, display the ﬁles
stored in PDF Reader
Access all ﬁles stored in other
apps or your device
In “Documents” tab, the menu bar provides you with a possibility to manage you ﬁles stored in PDF Reader.
Tap to open a ﬁle
Tap to search ﬁles
Tap to reveal the navigation drawer
Switch between List View and
More actions for ﬁle management
Edit (Switch to management mode)
Create a new folder
Sort by Date, Name, and File Size
Tap to display recently opened ﬁles
PDF Reader provides an easy-to-understand way that you can perform all actions while reading PDF documents.
Add bookmark to the current page
More actions (Text Reﬂow, File
Info, and Print)
Previous / Next page
Toolbox (Text Box, Signature,
Stamp, and Shape tools)
Kdan Cloud services
Search text or page
The toolbox packs with new annotations tools, including text box, signature, stamp, and shape tools.
Text Box Tool, insert text
contents to PDFs
Stamp tool, add standard stamps
to PDFs or create your own indicating
time and date information.
Shape Tool, insert rectangle, circle,
arrow, and line to PDFs.
Signature Tool, create and
manage personal signatures in the
Color pane, change the colors of
Font Size, swipe left or right to
adjust the font size.
Chapter 2 - Get Files
PDF Reader enables you to access all the documents stored within your device, cloud storage, or from the webs.
Get Files Stored in Device
1. Tap the the navigation drawer and go
to the “Local Folder” tab.
2. Choose either “FILE TYPE” or “SD
CARD” to browse the ﬁles stored in
your Android phone or Tablet.
3. You can move them to PDF Reader
and edit them afterwards.
4. Or edit them without moving them to
Get Files via Cloud Storage
• Get files from cloud apps (using Dropbox as an example) 1. Launch the Dropbox app.
2. Download the document you need.
3. Tap the “Share” button, and you will
see a pop up menu.
4. Choose “PDF Reader” to open the
downloaded ﬁle with.
5. The ﬁle will be saved to PDF Reader.
• Upload files to cloud storage (using Dropbox as an example)
1. Open the document in PDF Reader.
2. Tap the “Share” button and choose
“Dropbox” from the pop-up menu.
3. Tap “Add” to upload the ﬁle to your
storage space on Dropbox.
Get Files from the Web
1. Download the ﬁle to your device.
2. Launch PDF Reader and go to the
“Local Folder” tab.
3. Visit the “FILE TYPE” page and tap
“Downloads” to ﬁnd out the
4. Then move it to PDF Reader.
Get Files via PC
1. Connect your device to PC via USB
2. Copy and move the documents from
your PC to the target folder.
3. Go to the “Local Folder” tab and tap
“SD CARD” to browse the ﬁles.
Get Files via Kdan Cloud
1. Tap “ ” and sign in with your Kdan
2. Tap the drop-down menu under each
ﬁle to download or upload to Kdan
Import Email Attachments
1. Open the mail in your mail app.
2. Tap on the attachment.
3. Select PDF Reader to open with.
4. A copy will be saved to PDF Reader.
(If not, try to relaunch PDF Reader.)
Chapter 3 - Manage Files
Display Files in Thumbnail or List View
1. In Documents tab, the ﬁles display as thumbnails by default. 2. You can tap “Thumbnail List” or “List View” at the top right corner to switch between.
File Management Mode
1. Tap “ ” and tap “Edit” to switch to
2. Select ﬁles and then tap “ ” to
Share, Delete, Move, Copy or Zip
3. Or simply long tap on one ﬁle until it
turns into management mode. Then
choose either action to proceed.
1. Long tap on one ﬁle until it turns into management mode. 2. Tap “ ” to rename the ﬁle.
Chapter 4 - Annotate PDFs
Long Tap to Change Settings
1. To annotate PDFs, tap the icon to
turn on the function. Tap again to turn
2. For the highlight, underline,
strikeout or drawing tool, long tap
on the icon to change the color/
1. Turn off the annotation tool you are
2. Tap on the annotation and tap
“Delete” from the pop-up menu bar
to remove it.
Chapter 5 - Manage PDF Pages
Open a PDF ﬁle and tap “Page Edit” to preview the PDF in page thumbnails.
Rearrange Page Order
Tap to start page editing. To rearrange page order, simply drag the page to where you would like it to be.
PDF Page Editor
Export selected page(s) as a
Select all pages
Tap to select the page (selecting
multiple pages are available)
Page rotation - Rotation is based
on 90 increments
Delete selected page(s)
Drag to relocate the page order
Chapter 6 - Kdan Cloud Services
Service Menu Overview
1. Open one PDF document, and you will see on the bottom menu bar.
2. Tap it to reveal the service menu and below is the overall information.
1. Open the document you’d like to
2. Tap and then tap for the
3. Select the output format. Then tap
“Start” to start the conversion.
4. You can check the converting
process in “Task Manager” page.
Icon Name Function
Convert the document you are
Fax the document straight from your
Check the file converting and fax
Share File link
Share the file link, and the recipient
can view the file online or download
it using the link.
1. Open one PDF ﬁle and tap to ﬁll
in the recipient’s information.
2. Tap “Send” to fax your documents
from your mobile devices.
3. The service supports to send faxes to
40 countries around the world.
App Security Supported
1. Tap “Settings” from the drawer and
enable “Password” in SECURITY
ﬁeld. Enter a new password to protect
2. You will be required to enter the
password each time you launch this
Remove Files from Kdan Cloud
1. Go to the “Kdan Cloud” tab.
2. Select the target ﬁle, and then tap
“Delete” from the drop down menu to
remove the ﬁle from Kdan Cloud.
Note: To convert ﬁles or send faxes online,
you will be charged by credits. Those who
subscribe to Document 365 will have free
credits to proceed the services.
Visit your account info and review all subscription plans. Please refer to the comparison table below listing our subscription plans with more details.
For more details, please visit our Knowledge Base: https:// support.kdanmobile.com
Free trial available X 7/14 days
Ad-Free X O
All access pass to PDF Reader all
versions, including Android, Windows,
iOS and Mac.
Night Mode - Change the background
color of PDF pages for comfortable in
Crop Mode - Automatically hide white
margins of PDF documents. X O
App Security - Secure your app with
password protection X O
Fax - Fax documents from your mobile
device X O
Converter - Create and export PDFs via
online conversions X O
Kdan Credits for faxes or converting
services X O
Storage space on Kdan Cloud 500MB 1TB
Create links to ﬁles and share them with
others O O
Upload, view, and manage ﬁles directly
from your browser O O