Gregory J. Patulea
Accomplished operations manager and project team leader. Experienced in leading teams to produce business and process improvements driving successful outcomes, leading to overall business and organizational excellence. Excels in directing teams, thinking both strategically and operationally to develop innovative solutions, and communicating insights and results to senior leaders. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Regional Service Director – US Rental Operations 2018 –2019 ARJO San Antonio, TX/ Malmo, Sweden
Responsible for day to day supply chain activities across 56 locations in US service center network. Guides team of six (6) District Managers to ensure all policies, guidelines, and processes are followed in daily activities across service center network. Participates in budget development, strategic and operational planning, and process improvement planning. Manage lease site selections, negotiations, and site improvements for US service center network.
• Selected in June 2018 to assume responsibility for all supply chain activities for entire US service center network.
• Led all regions to implement new processes and procedures resulting in maintaining a 95% availability rate for all medical devices processed in service center network
• Managed national planning activities creating an additional 300 frames to rental inventory resulting in a 3% growth in rental revenue in 2018 Regional Service Director – Western US 2017-2018
ARJO San Antonio, TX/ Malmo, Sweden
Responsible for day to day supply chain activates across a 26-center regional network. Guided operations for three District Managers, ensuring policies, guidelines, and processes were followed in daily activities across service center network. Managed regional lease site selection, negotiation, and improvement.
• Successfully implemented new regional service model separating customer facing activities and supply chain responsibilities.
• Led region through service model changes that established a 95% availability rate for all medical devices processed in service center network
• Managed Regional planning activities adding 400 frames to rental inventory to support a 2% growth in rental revenue in 2017
Manager – Lean Process 2016-2017
Getinge Group San Antonio, TX/ Gothenburg, Sweden
Developed and implemented continuous improvement programs for manufacturing facilities worldwide. Led change management programs for both line workers and plant management to support continuous improvement implementations. Utilized Lean Six Sigma methodologies to support projects maximizing efficiency and developing best practices across a variety of manufacturing sites
• Key role in cross-functional team responsible for developing in-house continuous improvement program that is currently being implemented globally across multiple manufacturing sites.
• Completed roll out of continuous improvement program at manufacturing site in Solna, Sweden.
• Completed Six Sigma methodology training for both Green Belt and Black belt certifications Manager - Warranty and Service Contracts 2014-2016 Acelity, San Antonio, TX
Developed and managed Warranty and Service programs for US Sales and Service teams. Established service programs to drive revenue growth. Directed program pricing development and validation, and responsible for program maintenance and execution. Supported delivery of services to customers, including training and preventative maintenance of products.
• Developed preventive maintenance program enabling customer-owned units to obtain recommended product maintenance for a fee; established a new revenue stream for field service.
• Oversaw data reconciliation of owned product database to ensure customer product information, and warranty and service contract information was both accurate and easily accessible.
• Championed improved communication between sales, contracting, manufacturing and service to better meet the needs of the customer and the business. Made last minute sales easier to execute and provided better visibility to sales activity in the field. Manager – Service Operations Planning 2008-2014
Kinetic Concepts, Inc., San Antonio, TX
Managed and supported all capital equipment and parts inventories, and product movements for 125 sites across service center network. Led Sales & Operations Planning for KCI USA Service Operations capital requirements. Project lead for: Device and Parts Recall/ Retrofit Project planning and execution; new product planning and implementation into KCI USA Service fleet; and new capital sales initiatives.
• Launched Capital Sales program in 2009 for refurbished rental units that currently is a multi- million dollar/year revenue stream.
• Designed and launched new shipping container; improved design saves an average of $150K per year in freight and product damage.
• Planned and launched seven successful product offerings across 105 locations in our service center network. Provided extensive executive level reporting for all project plans and execution. Assets Manager 2006-2008
Kinetic Concepts, Inc., San Antonio, TX
Responsible for distribution, inventory control, and daily movements of rental assets in the KCI-USA service fleet. Developed new processes for missing asset (MIA) resolution and rental order closure. Established reporting and data analysis for KCI USA inventory management. Worked with multiple teams on process development and improvements to KCI USA Service rental delivery model
• Led project for recovery of 500+ missing assets at a cost savings of $1.3 million.
• Established new tools in conjunction with IT Department to improve management of large data transfers more efficiently.
• Developed detailed process flows for newly established Patient Contact Team enabling centralization of activities to contact and track asset pick-up activity for home patients. Director of Distribution 2000-2006
Miller Curtain Company, San Antonio, TX
Executive lead for all phases of supply chain management for $100M/year manufacturing company. Oversaw both outbound distribution to customers and inbound receipt of imported finished goods from multiple overseas factories. Outbound volume of 80K-120K weekly units via multiple shipping methods. EDUCATION:
B.A., History/ Political Science - Texas A&M University College Station, TX, 1992 SKILLS:
Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook/Visio Business Objects - Web-I PKMS - Manhattan Associates CERTIFICATIONS:
August 2008 – Lean Enterprise Institute