Marine & Mechanical Engineer
Mobile : +919*********
A certified 4th Engineer Officer (Indian COC) fueled with the passion of understanding the Marine Engines and its machinery. I hold experience as a Junior Engineer on a bulk carrier “MV Uncle Jan” (RUN FU 7). My sailing experience is marked with enormous scope for learning. Recovering the bulk carrier which was to be sent for scrap, enriched my understanding of systems and provided a first-hand experience of various problems, an opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge. I'm an honest and hardworking person with a hunger for knowledge and determination of turning information into action. I’m motivated, energetic and eager to learn new skills. I consider myself as a 'forever student', working hard to build on the academic foundation of Mechanical and Marine Engineering and also to stay updated to the latest advancements in the technology. WORK EXPERIENCE 33 MONTHS
July 2017 – Mar 2018 Eastern Star Shipping, Tripoli, Lebanon Junior Engineer Assistance to
• Increasing volumetric efficiency of the air compressor by adjusting bumping clearance & replacing worn-out piston and piston rings
• Overhauling the Heat exchanger to increase the cooling efficiency in inter and after coolers
• Overhauling the suction and discharge of air compressor to rectify the bursting of relief valve Assistance to
• Resetting the safety valve of the composite type auxiliary boiler in the event of burner failure
• Leakage of Sea Water : Proposed the identification of excess phosphate generation in boiler and assisted in rectifying it by overhauling the condenser of the boiler
• 30% increase in the efficiency of Fresh Water Generator by chemical cleaning the condenser & evaporator
• Increase in the cooling efficiency of condenser in refrigeration by cleaning the shell and tube heat exchanger.
• Major overhaul of the blower side of the turbocharger multiple times to rectify the surging
• Changing the impeller in the priming pump to rectify the frequent cut in cutoff of the Hydrophore Tank.
• Adjusting the injection timing in the fuel pump of an Auxiliary engine by Goose-Neck Method after the fuel pump overhaul
• Increase in the efficiency of fuel pump : Overhauling of the fuel pumps and replacing all the plunger barrels to minimize the leakage of the fuel pump
• 70% increase in power generation of Alternator,by overhauling the cylinder head, cylinder liner & piston
• Assisted in major overhauling of the exhaust valves and replacement of exhaust valve seats
• Adjusting the Tappet Clearance in an Auxiliary Engine as part of PMS (Planned Maintenance System) Other
• Being part of the Emergency Response team on-board to fire fighting and lifeboats operations.
• Checking all the Lube oil and Fuel Oil Filters onboard and Overhaul when required.
• Periodic Sounding of all the tanks in the Engine Room and keep and maintain them within the required limits
• Filling out the oil record book for all the transfers carried out, made me appreciate documents filled out on-board
• Fire- fighting equipment: Main tasks carried out were weekly fire hose testing and checking fire extinguishers.
• Sludge and Bilge management gave me the opportunity to learn pumping systems along with running the on- board incinerator and oily water separator
• Regular inspection of all the machinery in the engine room both at Sea and at port. Apr 2015 - Dec 2015 Amazon, Hyderabad, India TAM Associate Account Mgnmt
• 800+ sellers end-to-end management from registration, verification, on-boarding & product launch on website
• Awarded Best Performer (1/70+) for exceptional quality in delivery coupled with high productivity Dec 2013 – Apr 2015 Serco, Hyderabad, India Analyst Software • Reviewed (150 per day) business listings on Google Maps; Identified 25+ bugs in maps for Android & IOS MODULAR COURSES
• Elementary First Aid. Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
• Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities.
• Personal Survival Techniques.
• Engine Room Simulator (Operational Level).
• Medical First Aid.
• Security Training for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties.
• Advanced Fire Fighting.
• High Voltage Safety and Switch-gear (Operational Level).
• Proficiency in Survival craft & rescue boats other than fast rescue boats
2016 : Graduate: Marine Engineering
Academy of Maritime Education and Training - India 2013 : Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering Prof. Rama Reddy College of Engineering and Tech. - India Curriculum Vitae
Position Applied For: 4th Engineer /Junior Engineer Citizenship: INDIAN Full Name Rakesh Varma Panguluri Marital Status: Single Language Proficiency English, Hindi, Telugu
Date of Birth/Place of
22/08/1990 (Hyderabad, Telangana) Next of kin: Ranjith Varma Relationship: Brother
Home address: LIG-489, 7th Phase,
KPHB Colony, Hyderabad,
Address: LIG-489, 7th Phase,
KPHB Colony, Hyderabad,
Mechanical Engineering &
Graduate Marine Engineering (GME)
ENGLISH Excellent Very good Good Average Poor
CDC (INDIAN) CHN 103133 07.11.2016 Chennai 06.11.2026 PASSPORT N 5022711 20.11.2015 Hyderabad 19-11-2025 COC (INDIAN) 95Z-29913 28.06.2019 MUMBAI 05.06.2024 INDoS 16EL0325 28.01.2016 MUMBAI -
1 PERSONAL SAFETY AND SOCIAL
19/12/2015 Chennai NA
2 SECURITY TRAINING FOR SEAFARERS WITH
DESIGNATED SECURITY DUTIES (STSDSD)
16/12/2015 Chennai NA
3 FIRE PREVENTION AND FIRE FIGHTING (FPFF) FPFFF/B599/16 20/01/16 Chennai NA 4 PERSONAL SURVIVAL TECHNIQUES (PST) PST/B706/02 31/12/2015 Chennai NA 5 HIGH VOLTAGE SAFETY AND SWITCHGEAR
303*********** 01.04.2019 KOLKATA NA
6 ENGINE ROOM SIMULATOR (OPERATION LEVEL) ERS/23/18/246 30/05/2018 Navi Mumbai NA 7 MEDICAL FIRST AID (MFA) BPMA/MFA/827/2018 14.05.2018 Navi Mumbai NA 8 ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING (AFF) BPMA/AFF/676/2018 25.05.2018 Navi Mumbai NA 9 PROFICIENCY IN SURVIVAL CRAFT AND
RESCUE BOATS OTHER THAN FAST RESCUE
19.05.2018 Navi Mumbai
YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION 096 07.07.2017 Mumbai 17.07.2027 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
COMPANY SHIP NAME DESIGNATION TENURE
MV Uncle Jan
IMO NO.: 8912522
(BULK CARRIER) 5810 KW
DU Sulzer 6RTA52
Auxiliary Engine: Yanmar M200-EN
TRAINE MARINE ENGINEER (TME)