Paul, Samjela Ngomba, PSM, CSM
Tel:254-***-**** Citizenship: US
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Clearance: Secret
Professional Scrum Master and US military veteran with over 5 years of experience working in diverse fields. An efficient team player dedicated to problem solving, critical thinking and attention to details with a high aptitude of perception, QA, and the ability to quickly identify vulnerabilities and loopholes in a system. Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict, agile techniques, work with and lead a team, strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills, ability to adapt to a changing environment, self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction. Skills and Certifications
SAFe, Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Crystal Frameworks
MS Office Suite
Atlassian JIRA Tool
Professional Scrum Master (PSM 1)
Certified Scrum Master
CompTIA Security +
Property Custodian Specialist
Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Services – Dallas, Texas Dec 2018 – Present Scrum Master / Agile Coach – Contracted through I-Ping Solutions Project: Electronic software for Immigration Benefit application intake Duties:
• Organize and facilitate all scrum ceremonies and backlog refinement under minimum supervision.
• Effectively manage a scrum and Kanban team.
• Provide coaching on Jira Fundamental and Atlassian.
• Facilitates the organization’s immigration benefit application system from manual (paper copies) to electronic.
• Schedule demonstration meetings for completed increment with the section chief and associate directors for feedback.
• Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to the team to encourage the adoption of agile practices.
• Engage with the project coordinator (section chief) to get a better understanding of the software.
• Ensure the developers regularly updated Jira when the task is completed.
• Work with section chef and associate directors to prioritize the requirements for the sprint.
• Focus on developing a more trusted and collaborative team environment.
• Interact with project coordinator (section chief) to ensure project goals and requirements are propel spelled out in simple format for the developers to work on.
• Utilize agile methodology and values as well as scrum and Kanban frameworks daily.
• Partner with the project coordinator (section chief), especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Inspect the product backlog to make sure it meets the definition of ‘Ready’ and ‘INVEST’.
• Provide all support to the scrum teams using a servant leadership style.
• Develop and manage the visual systems to track the progress of work during sprints and projects using Kanban.
• Encourage and facilitate cross-team coordination and collaboration.
• Track data from the sprint process and report regularly using JIRA, to facilitate understanding of where we were and what could be improved.
• Tracking progress and providing transparency to all stakeholders by regularly monitoring the sprint report, Burndown, and burnup charts.
• Remove any impediments or interferences the team might be facing.
• Guide teams to adopt and buy into the organization’s shared vision.
• Work with the project coordinator to plan for Hackathon events at the end of every sprint for the development team to encourage innovation and planning.
• Resolve conflicts and provide ways to increase the team’s morale. Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service – Austin, TX Mar 2018 – Dec 2018 Scrum Master – Contracted through I-PING Solutions Project: Integrated software for TAX processing
• Coached the team to improve collaboration and self-organization.
• Employed techniques to the team and be a practitioner of Scrum best practices, organization and collaboration with the represented business areas and technical teams.
• Applied a good working knowledge of Scrum principles, practices and theory, as well as knowledge of patterns and techniques for filling the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (i.e. numerous Burndown technologies, Retrospective formats, processes in bugs and defects, minimal viable product approaches).
• Provided coaching on Jira Fundamental.
• Utilized successful Agile techniques, such as User Stories, metrics, estimated in advice the team.
• Worked with the development team to create and organize high-level requirements into user stories and tasks, manage and prioritize the product backlog, participate in scrums and meta-scrums, and validate delivered solution designs.
• Removed team impediments daily to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals and deliverables.
• Organized and facilitated various agile ceremonies such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Developed and managed the visual system to track the progress of work during sprints and projects using a Kanban board.
• Encouraged and facilitated cross-team coordination and collaboration.
• Tracked data from the sprint process and report (Burndown and Burnup charts) regularly, to facilitate understanding of where we were and what could be improved.
• Collaborated with external clients and vendors as needed on requirements definition and feature development.
• Assisted with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information. Department of Veterans Affairs – Waco, Texas Jun 2017 – Aug 2017 Scrum Master – Contracted through CarollClean LLC
Project: Medical Software (Heal the Vet) for Veterans to communicate with their primary care doctor, refill medication, schedule appointments, and network with other veterans suffering with PTSD. Duties:
• Facilitated and improved the efficiency of the development team.
• Managed the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum team in agile methodology.
• Removed the impediments for the scrum team.
• Arranged daily stand-up meetings, facilitated meetings, scheduled meetings, demo, and decision- making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of the adaptation process.
• Helped the product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
• Inspected the product backlog to make sure it meets the definition of ‘Ready’ and ‘INVEST.
• Conducted retrospective meetings and recorded minutes in Confluence.
• Organized and facilitated the sprint planning meeting.
• Acted as a safeguard for the team.
Army – Fort Hood, Texas Apr 2013 – Feb 2017
Information Technologist Specialist(25B)
• Collaborated with private contractors to brainstorm, design and test drone simulations for exercises and field missions.
• Used Jira tool to capture the progress of the project at every stage and prepare reports.
• Assessed infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
• Manage daily operations of the IT department.
• Developed new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
• Coordinated the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors.
• Protected customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
• Assisted with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
• Applied agile frameworks to effectively manage critical and complex projects, in addition to doing fixes on the network and software.
• Offered suggestions for possible upgrades and changes within the IT department in collaboration with managers.
• Used agile methodology to increase transparency, productively and efficiency for all projects.
• Ensured client satisfaction and retention through timely solution delivery within client-defined timeliness
• Resolved issues and provided solutions, with-in guidance Costco Wholesale Feb 2013 – Apr 2013
West Des Moines, Iowa
Project: Logistical software to request, receive, transfer and maintain inventory of supplies/stocks Duties:
• Organizes and facilitates daily stand-up meetings, reviews, estimation, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, burn down tracking and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Works collaboratively with business, product and technical teams to support development and software delivery.
• Assists the Product Owner and Technical Product Manager in user story creation/prioritization and product Backlog grooming via emergent requirements.
• Partners with Product and Technical leadership to assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
• Coaches the development team and stakeholders on how to use Agile/Scrum practices at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
• Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution.
• Lead all key development team meetings and technical/architecture discussions
• Continually identify and implement agile best practices that help team velocity and effectiveness
• Supervising the timely completion of software projects, providing technical expertise and leadership abilities to resolve issues
• Reporting executive summaries of project status as well as significant developments and make recommendations on resource and staff allocation between projects.
Schlumberger Sep 2008 – Dec 2012
Oilfield services company
Headquarters: Houston, TX
Scrum Master (100% Remote)
Project: Design ‘The RheoProfiler’ an automated software that provides system capable of testing density and rheological properties of all mud types—water, oil, and synthetic Duties:
• Organized and lead project status and working meetings; prepared and distributed progress reports; managed risks and issues; corrected deviations from plans; and performed delivery planning for assigned projects.
• Assisted in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removed roadblocks to their work; leveraged organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentored and developed team members.
• Supported the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managed stakeholder communications, and helped to implement an effective system of project governance.
• Assisted in the creation of team agreement documents binding all.
• Promoted empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
• Drove the Technical team and the Product Owners in an agile development process.
• Ensured that the Scrum values and practices were implemented.
• Guarded and shielded the team from distractions and interruptions from external interferences.
• Enabled close cooperation across all roles and functions.
• Promoted and participated in the continuous improvement of structure, processes, tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value
• Organized and facilitated standups, release and sprint planning, reviews, demos and retrospectives
• Directed the project for the school’s record management throughout the life cycle, defining project objectives, aligning project resources to achieve goals and ensuring established timelines are accomplished.
• Assisted with internal and external communications, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Supported and educated the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog. Education
Mar 2019: Master’s in Cyber Security Technology (GPA 3.88) University of Maryland University College
Aug 2016: Graduate Level in Homeland Security Management (GPA 3.60) University of Maryland University College
Aug 2005: Bachelors’ of Education in Curriculum Studies & Teaching/Economics University of Buea, Buea, SWR – Cameroon.