Business Analyst Training Technical Documentation
Dynamic Business Analyst and project leader with 20 years of experience driving successful enterprise technology, digital transformation, Quality Assurance, Technical Writing and B2B/B2C initiatives. Operating as a trusted advisor/operator to organizations in industry sectors including, Government, Financial Services, Logistics, Higher Education, Healthcare, and Telecommunications. Demonstrating competence leading design and implementation on ERP (Oracle/PeopleSoft/SAP), Blockchain (Bitcoin/Ethereum), and Cloud (Tier 3/CenturyLink Cloud) solutions.
Extensive experience executing enterprise-scale digital transformation utilizing agile methodologies to manage projects and remote/distributed teams. EXPERIENCE
Aspira Consulting, Chicago
Independent Business Analyst and Technical Solutions Contractor OCTOBER 2007 - PRESENT
Senior Technical Writer
PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials (FMS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Upgrade:
• Developed a business continuity and knowledge transfer solution by creating application support and technical documentation from PeopleSoft v7.5, v9.0 v9.1 and v9.2 to deliver a coherent and organized SharePoint document library.
• Blueprinted a SharePoint-based content management strategy which structured the maintenance and organization of the departmental application support content. Trained the PeopleSoft Financials Support team on content library standards and best practice methodologies.
• Constructed current- and future-state Business Process Maps for all PeopleSoft 9.1 & 9.2 Financials, Supply Chain, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) processes, including General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Cash Mgt., Financial Gateway, Asset Mgt., Contracts, Project Costing, Expenses, Supply Chain Mgt., Purchasing, Supplier Contract Mgt., PeopleSoft Billing, Inventory Mgt.
• Documented PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials and Supply Chain features and functionality.
• Supported business continuity documentation by documenting the customizations applied to PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain applications. Outputs include operational support guides, job aids, FAQ’s and other non-technical reference materials.
• Defined and documented Standard Operating Procedures and streamlined new/existing processes to support the initiative.
Trainer and Content Developer
• Designed and implemented resource development plans, including customer service tutorials, application demos and process walk-thrus.
• Delivered training to knowledge transfer (SOPs, tear sheets), training methodology, and training delivery (online courses, in-person training, and train-the-trainer).
• Created a Microsoft SharePoint technical documentation library containing all program/project management documents (e.g. project charter, project plan, resource & change management plans), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Business Processes
& mappings for all HCM-related processes, system configurations and functional design, knowledge transfer/training and disaster recovery. Senior Business Analyst
• Drove project success utilizing SDLC and SCRUM methodologies to plan, govern and document discovery workshops, recruit project resources and supervise technical contractors, manage project scope, timeline, key milestones and stakeholder’s
• Managed the day-to-day operations of an HCM Application Support Team
• Deployed IT initiatives to support Indiana’s 54,000 State employees via advisory to the Governor-appointed Agency Head regarding training curricula and organizational controls for State Agencies.
Homebase: Houston, TX
State of Indiana
HSBC North America
University of Kansas
Harris County in Texas
Community Transit -Washington St.
Nassau County, New York
CenturyLink Technology Solutions
WMATA (DC Metro)
State of Delaware
City Colleges of Chicago
SCI (Service Corporation Int’l)
Program & Project Management
Business Development / RFP
Quality Assurance & Testing
Organizational Change Management
Training and Resource Development
Digital Marketing / eCommerce
Online Reputation Management
ERP & Database PeopleSoft
HCM/ELM, Oracle Database, SAP
Project Management MS Project,
Basecamp, JIRA, Trello,
Smartsheets, Slack, Evernote,
Marketing, Social Media &
Reputation Management Hubspot,
Hootsuite, Buffer, Mailchimp, Yext,
• Co-Chair of the State Enterprise Technology Steering Committee. Provided strategic direction and governance policy, collaboration and communication for all State Enterprise-wide technology initiatives.
• Developed the business cases for and content for RFP proposals.
• Negotiated inter-agency support for State-wide technology initiatives.
• Established measurable, time-bound action plans for all SPD technology initiatives and incorporated them into a coherent departmental technology roadmap. Successfully managed risks and expectations via frequent communication with key (up- and downstream) process owners throughout the organization. Demonstrated leadership, enforced accountability and ensured transparency throughout the engagement(s). Business Analyst
Contracted to define and document future state business processes:
• Facilitated requirements gathering & Fit/Gap discovery sessions with core business / user groups, identified >100 critical business operations previously enabled by the legacy mainframe (IFAS) system; Complied PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 BPMs to support ongoing quality assurance, training and knowledge transfer.
• Advised key stakeholders on optimized integration of reengineered PeopleSoft 9.2- enabled processes for Benefits Administration, Position Control, Personnel Administration, Risk Management, Labor Relations, Time and Attendance, Compensation Management, and Payroll.
• Coached client personnel on service delivery, training development, and reverse engineering internal processes, successfully increasing the skills and professionalism of department personnel.
o Result: 20% decrease in open support tickets
o Recuperated 10 hrs (avg.) of time lost to support staff and reallocated those resources to career development and project-related work. Emerging Solutions, Chicago
Organizational Change & Training Manager DECEMBER 2004 – SEPTEMBER 2007
Senior consultant hired to bring integrated process and technology solutions to regional Middle Market corporations.
• Developed custom PeopleSoft HCM solutions, detailing precise specifications to all functionality and technical integration; including the design and presentation of >500 training videos, current/future-state process maps (BPM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Enterprise Resource Diagrams (ERD), technical documentation and software simulations.
• Developed comprehensive curricula of instructor-level courses and delivered 6 weeks of virtual and in-class training.
• Developed customer quality standards relevant to projects and programs.
• Ran a series of Subject Matter Expert discussions to Capgemini, Chicago — PeopleSoft HCM (Human Capital Management) Consultant
SEPTEMBER 2001 - NOVEMBER 2004
College hire into elite business analyst consultant training program. Deployed to reengineer business processes leveraging PeopleSoft- and SAP-based technologies.
• Extensive experience deploying and upgrading multi-phased ERP solutions.
• Specizilation includes comprehensive organizational process analysis, stakeholder management, solution discovery and design, multi-phased testing & qualitative analysis.
Sharepoint Document Library +
Content Business Analyst,
PeopleSoft ELM 9.2
Upgrade Project Mgr.
HR Data Transformation (PeopleSoft
data archiving, cleanup, and process
reengineering) initiative Program
Benefits Open Enrollment Project
Disaster Recovery shared-server &
cloud migration Business Analyst,
Microsoft SharePoint (data
Business Analyst, Technical Writer.
SQL to Oracle database platform
conversion Project Mgr.
PeopleSoft ePerformance 9.1
redeployment Program Mgr.
Security enhancements, and
PeopleSoft Talent Asset
Management (TAM) post-upgrade
stabilization Project Mgr.
SQL, PeopleSoft Query,
PeopleCode, SAP ABAP
QA / Testing & Training HP
Quality Center (incl. Mercury Load
Runner), PeopleSoft Test
Framework, PeopleSoft User
Productivity Kit, Adobe Captivate
CRM SalesForce Pardot, Hubspot,
Highrise (Basecamp), FreshSales,
Cloud CenturyLink Cloud (Tier 3
Cloud), Amazon Web Services
Blockchain Bitcoin, Ethereum
AUGUST 1998 - MAY 2001
Bachelors of Business Administration — Computer Information Systems, Operations, Process Management
Mexico City, Mexico
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
San Jose, Costa Rica