John R. Altavena
• Multi - Family Property Management, Luxury High Rise Condominiums
• Commercial Property Management, Class A & B office / retail / Medical
• Manufactured Home Property Management
• Build-out proficient -Medical, Office, Retail
• 15 years’ Experience in Property Management
• Keen insight and strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven ability to lease and manage Residential, Medical and Office properties
• Leasing, Budgeting, Marketing and promotional expertise
• Interfaces with management effectively
• Computer literate
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong background in purchasing, inventory control & payroll
• Manages on-site staff and contractors
• Coordinates office skills to actively promotes harmony in the workplace
• History of dependability, hard work and management of staff
• Adeptly handled customer orders and complaints with sensitivity and positive results
• Ability to negotiate with National, Regional and Local clients
• Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving abilities
• Increased revenues
• Experience with build outs / construction
• Willing to Travel & Relocate
• Real Estate and Marketing Professional Photography
• Respond to tenant needs and coordinate with engineering, / maintenance, maintaining positive relationships with tenants responding to all tenant concerns and ensure compliance with Rules and Regulations, By-Laws and County/State Codes
• Review monthly rental receipts and manage the collection of delinquent rents. Interact regularly with tenants and vendors to ensure that objectives are being met Be active with the plans and budgets for operating and capital expenditures.
• Prepared annual budgets, forecast, management plans, monthly performance report and variance reports.
• Performs regular inspections of property, recommending alterations, maintenance of the property to the Board of Directors, if accepted, contract vendor services and supervise as required.
• Coordinate leasing and brokers participating in the drafting, review and negotiation of new and expiring leases.
• Analyze Service Contracts annually.
• Prepare management and pipeline reports and business plans.
• Member of CAI (Community Association Institute)
High Rise Luxury Condominiums – General Manager
Community Management Corporation
Rockville, MD 20852
2018 to 2019
• Supervises the operation and administration of the Association in accordance with management agreement and the Association's policies and procedures.
• Acts as or oversee the primary liaison with the Association Board of Directors.
• . Perform/Direct administrative and management duties as requested by the Board of Directors and in accordance with the management agreement.
• Ensures Associa community management tools are being effectively developed and utilizes such as annual calendar, action item list, resolution worksheets, timed agendas, RFP matrixes, committee charters, procurement procedures, FY operating budget, etc.
• Reviews monthly financial reports and ensure management summary is submitted to the association Board of Directors
• Provide and/or oversee recommendations to the Association Board of Directors and committees regarding major capital expenditures as required to maintain the desired community appearance and operation
• Monitors corporate and client delinquency rates and collections process for account portfolio.
• Attends Board meetings per the management agreement and community events as needed.
• Prepares Board packages according to established time frames. Ensure Board of Directors is aware of legal actions involving the Association
• Maintain unit and contract files relating to the operations of the Association.
• Assist Board of Directors/ARB with architectural review process and/or routine inspections as necessary.
• Responsible for maintenance of C3 data base, including updating resident information.
• Responsible for routine and special project vendor management including procurement as well as performance evaluation as contracted.
• Responsible for oversight of Associa staff as contract provides. Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities and/or common area and arrange appropriate follow up actions as required.
• Oversee the AP process in accordance with Associa home office processes and procedures. Commercial Property Manager, Project Manager, Executive Assistant Gosnell Properties, Inc -
2007 to 2018
*Prepares Lease Proposals
• Prepared and maintained Leases
• Supervisor day to day operation of Two( A &B) Commercial Buildings (Office /Retail & Medical
• Supervisor of Chief Building Engineer and engineering staff
• Manage the security systems of buildings and parking ramps
• Responsible for all property contracting
• Maintain Corporate records
• Establishment of procedure(s)
• Developed and Manage Budgets
• Developed Budgets
• Prepared Capital Budgets
• Authorized A/R & A/P reports
• Marketing Manager
• Manager of Facilities
• Prepares budgets and Preventive maintenance reports
• Office Manager
• Project Manager of Buildouts
• Construction of Office, Retail, Medical Sites
• Responsible for insurance reporting and coverage requirements Regional Property Manager
KDM Development Corporation -
• Managed 28 properties in 9 states Manufactured Home Parks, Multi- Housing, Retail and Office
• Wrote monthly management reports
• Responsible for hiring of Park Managers and Maintenance Staff
• Park Managers reported all activity to Regional Property Manager
• Account Receivable and Account Payables reports
• Prepared Capital Budgets
• Represented the Corporation in Court for Evictions and Rule violations
• Marketing of properties
• Wrote Leases for Manufactured homes and Apartments
• Coordinated the transport and set up of Manufactured homes
• Responsible for Marketing of Parks and Selling of Manufactured homes
• Resident relations and concerns were directed to my desk to solve
• Responsible for the hiring of Contractors and Vendors
• Certified Manufactured Home Manager
Property / Marketing Manager
Faber Management Services Chili Paul Plaza- Rochester, NY
• Continuous prospecting to obtain tenants for any of the available retail, commercial, or office space or land that is vacant. Reporting maintenance issues) and emergency calls, to tenant problems, rent collection, and eviction court. Leasing questions.
• Compliance with all County / State codes for the commercial properties, including fire inspections, elevator inspections, security and sprinkler systems inspections etc.
• Budget preparation for all commercial properties, including analysis of utility costs and maintenance costs.
• Cash flow/cash analysis, payable calls, rent collection, receivable calls for commercial properties in conjunction with Accounting.
• Dealing with various issues regarding towns, tenants, and the city.
• Monitoring insurance policies and changes for commercial locations for information on who to call to report claims.
• Keeping up to date records of all situations that occur at the commercial properties. I.e.: elevator problems, accidents, building changes/repairs, etc.
• Daily inspection of Chili Paul Plaza common areas to make Maintenance Supervisor aware of any issues that needs to be addressed.
• Reporting of any emergency /maintenance issues immediately to the Maintenance Supervisor from any of the Commercial properties i.e.: Chili Paul Plaza, Wegman Bldg., and Fitch Bldg. (all High-Rise Buildings)
• Keeping accurate files of any details for the Commercial Properties. Education
Rochester Institute of Technology Associate Degree
• Skills Yardi, AMSI, Argus, Rent Manager, AMSI, Microsoft (Word/ Excel) PowerPoint, Citric, APD, C-3, Building Manager, Building links, Micro soft Word, Excel, etc. Military Service USN
Certifications/Licenses CDL-B, Notary (VA)