Post Job Free


Sign in

Business Development General Manager

Chicago, IL
January 31, 2024

Contact this candidate



*** *. ******** ****** *******, Il 60189 847-***-****


30+ years of Sales Management, Sales, and General Manager experience and a proven knowledge of business development, client relationship management, and team building. My goal is to leverage my skills as a Sales Manager or Selling General Manager to improve your employees and customers experience with you company.


Sales: Sales Management, Goal Setting, Sales Inside/ Outside, Business Development, Team Motivation

Management: People Management, Project Management, Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Operations, Training/Coaching/Mentoring, Staff Development, Leadership Development, Vendor and Contract Negotiations, Communication,

General Management: P&L, Process and Procedure design and implementation, Facilities management, Multi departmental Management


ClimateGuard Windows & Doors Chicago, IL

General Manager March 2021 – October 2023

Manage Business Development, Business Profitability, and daily Operations with 2022 Annual Sales over $33M.

Directly responsible for 97 employees including 4 Managers, 5 Supervisors, and 4 Project Managers across 9 departments.

Managed a B2B and B2C sales staff of 8 Inside and 6 Outside reps with 3 Sales Project Managers.

Implemented project teams for commercial projects resulting in $2.7m of new business.

Implemented a three-tier pricing strategy to better manage pricing consistency across customer base.

Focused on increasing sales process for glass block, aluminum awning, steel railing, and fence manufacturing.

Worked with attorneys to settle litigation with EPA/DOJ Lead Issue settlement.

Manage commercial and multi-unit customer portfolios.

Managed all daily and weekly challenges through the end of Covid.

Managed customer service and administrative staff.

Manage 3 sales groups: Commercial, Retail, Contractors.

Report directly to ownership.

Co-managed development of mobile Contractor product ordering app.

Wrote and implemented more than 10 new policies and procedures.

Established a safety strategy which decreased foot injuries.

Virginia Tile Company Wood Dale, IL

Branch Manager August 2018 - January 2021

Branch sales for 2019 were more than 25M.

Manage Customer Service and Warehouse staff of 22, and maintained a 43,000 sq. ft. facility.

Managed Illinois, Southern Wisconsin Commercial and Retail Dealer network.

Monitored daily key metrics such as OTS, Will Call wait times, Receiving Time, and Inventory Accuracy.

Implemented our customer information portal, Connect 24, rollout to dealer and customer base.

Hired, onboarded, and negotiated compensation.

Set goals for staff members which assisted in cross training in the warehouse.

Implemented OSHA safety compliance for our branch.

Verified that our truck delivers are staffed and on time.

Visited key customers.

ClimateGuard Windows & Doors Chicago, IL

General Manager June 2016 – August 2018

Manage Business Development, Business Profitability, and daily Operations with 2018 Annual Sales over $29M.

Responsible directly for 3 managers, 6 supervisors 73 employees.

Managed a B2B and B2C sales staff 8 inside and 6 outside with 4 project managers.

Increased 2017 sales up 8% compared to the previous year.

Implemented project teams for commercial projects resulting in $1.8m of new business.

Managed sales, measure, installation, and service staffs.

Managed all hiring and disciplinary activities.

Managed customer service and administrative staff.

Created new employee onboarding orientation plan.

Reorganized warehouse storage process which increased our space capacity and lowered customer wait times.

Oversaw glass block, aluminum awning, steel railing, and fence manufacturing.

Worked directly with our commercial and multiunit customers.

Reported directly to ownership.

Wurth Baer Supply Vernon Hills, IL

Regional Sales Manager February 2014 – June 2016

2015 Territory Annual sales of $2.1M

2015 Exceeded 19% sales growth goal by 6.6 % for total of 25.6%.

2015 #1 Coatings and Finish Salesman for Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

2015 #1 gross profit dollars Salesman for Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

2016 Jan & Feb: Exceeded 9.6% sales growth increase by 36.1 % for total of 45.7%

2016 Jan & Feb: #2 companywide salesman out of 97 total salesmen.

Utilized to manager 300+ customers totaling $2.1 million in revenue.

The Vertical Biz Dev. Company Wheaton, IL

Regional Sales Manager December 2011 – March 2014

Sold and managed key accounts.

Created custom E-Marketing Service Solutions resulting in a 20% increase in closing rate, and new customer acquisition close rate of 43%.

Defined core revenue streams and built a value-added sales strategy.

Influenced sales culture which increased sales margin by 17%.

Created financial ROI models to enhance sales strategy Set up CRM and integrated marketing strategy.

Designed, built, and managed an e-commerce site.

Managed internet marketing strategies such as PPC, SEO, and social media.

Industry experience with robot Integrator, assisted living, home Improvement contractors, fire protection distributor, and consumer services companies.

Reboot Inc. Wheaton, IL

Regional Sales Manager May 2008 – December 2011

Increased monthly reoccurring revenue from $15k to $49k resulting in a 330% increase in monthly revenue.

Managed company sales reporting and forecasts for quarterly peer group review meetings.

Designed custom service offerings to give us a competitive advantage to beat our competitors.

Implemented long term contract strategy which resulted in a stabilization of monthly cash flow with long term pricing commitments.

Feldco Factory Direct ($39m in annual sales) er October 2004 – May 2008

Created new consumer finance department, funded over $13.9 million from 2006 to 2008.

Implemented sales finance training program, and grew revenue by $4.9 million in first year.

Implemented in home approval process, which lowered cancellation rate by 47.8% or $122,000.

Negotiated discounts on cost of capital, which resulted in a savings of $864,000.

Created a multiple-lender environment, which increased approval rates by 9.8%, net revenue by $1.3 million, and gross profit by $558,000, resulting in a ROI of 4.9 times.

Worked on Six Sigma project (4 person team) in Fulfillment which reorganized service process and reduced outstanding service calls from 735 to under 200 in 3 months.

Created Problem resolution department which exceeded goal by 50% and collected $103,556, creating an ROI of 8.2 times in first three months.

Outside Sales 2/2004 – 10/2005

Feldco Factory Direct

Last month in sales department had highest gross sales in company out of 52 salesman.

My closing percentage average 42%.

Top 10% gross margin in sales staff of 52 salespeople.

Sold to residential and rental owners.


Six Sigma, Green Belt


Elmhurst University Elmhurst, IL

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Finance & Economics

Contact this candidate