Professional with over ** years of expertise in customer service, client management, accounts reconciliation, database entry and office administration.
Quest Diagnostics – Bensenville, IL 09/2014 - Present
Billing Cash Representative
• Focused efforts on increasing cash and reducing bad debt.
Apply payments and denials to third party carriers in all media types Interpret Explanation of Benefits for appropriate follow up action.
Complete refunds/adjustments to customer's accounts, while providing necessary back-up information in order to maintain accuracy.
Contact Third Party carriers to follow up on denied and not responded claims.
Analyze and apply denials Process and review claims
Perform screen scrapes.
Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries from the patient or their representative in order to resolve billing issues
Handle patient EOB and bankruptcy claims
Make have contact with insurance carriers, clients, patients and/or other outside sources
Regular research involving both the web and billing systems
May be a certified Medical Coder and/or involved with medical coding.
Maintain Compliance and HIPAA standards at all times Meet or exceed daily production standards Meet or exceed daily quality standards Ability to work on various other projects as needed.
Xerox Recovery Services – Schaumburg, IL Healthcare 5/2012– 09/2014
• Analyze medical claims and further investigate those claims where recovery potential exists. The investigation process includes initiating telephone contact and written correspondence with insurance claims adjusters and personal injury attorneys. The Internet and other resources are also useful to fully investigate our client’s insurance claims. As an Insurance Associate we are responsible for processing a high volume of cases in a fast-paced production environment, and meeting monthly quality and quantity standards. This is a goal-oriented position.
AERUS, Electrolux – Hanover Park, Illinois 5/2011– 05/2012
Sales & Service of vacuum systems and associated equipments
Customer Service Consultant
• Contact customers and schedule maintenance checks on Commercial and residential vacuums, air purifiers, central air, heaters, etc. Provide invoices and process payments. Update customer database as required. Check Auto-dialer for messages regarding parts order and service requests. Back-up for Front office staff and provide counter sales as needed.
Xerox Corporation – Rosemont, Illinois 7/2007– 2/2011
(Transferred from former division of General Electric)
• Manage billing reconciliation for Xerox printers provided to customer; AT&T, Citibank, Hewlett-Packard, and Alliance Bernstein at 98.5 percent (excellent level) monthly, quarterly, and yearly. This included aged receivables and invoices.
• Internal (sales) and external customer service and document creation to resolve billing concerns
• Facilitated vital billing information crucial to reconciliation to three other associates, ensuring accurate billing for Citibank.
• Bills accounts in billing system ensuring current meter reads are correct. Alerts customer of any billing discrepancy on incorrect invoices. Worked on delinquent accounts 60+.
• Credits or debits accounts to reduce total unbilled population ensuring timely billing and removal of machines.
GE Money Management – Schaumburg, Illinois
Operations Coordinator, Production Operations 10/2004-7/2007
• Lead team member in organizing workflow and cross training other Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to improve efficiencies, minimize errors, and resolve production issues with credit card processing.
• Managed, trained, and audited 12 team members of a new international office in Hyderabad, India for offshore credit card processing roles and responsibilities for 2 years.
• Temporarily managed 2 additional responsibilities enabling the department to reduce head count
• Successfully completed 4 customer certifications including stress management, and teamwork
Customer Service Representative and Remittance Clerk 8/2001 – 10/2004
• Reconciled cash balances for insurance premiums on a daily basis.
• Prepared documentation manual deposits
• Coordinate with Underwriting Department across regional offices on policy issues regarding cancellation, reinstatements, and/or refunds
• Managed the inflow of insurance premium payments and forwarded balances to Accounting
Database Specialist, Shop at Home Website 7/1998 -8/2001
• Managed customer databases for current, accurate information.
• Created and managed Web based products; profiles including scanning, creating accurate descriptions
• Communicated with vendors and buyers on product description
Standard Rate and Data Services 3/1996 – 12/1996
• Managed new customer service information for incoming advertising accounts
• Administrative tasks to update customer accounts as needed (account updates, queries, and client contact)
Business Records Corporation 6/1986 – 11/1995
Data Entry Operator
• Applied a complex set of keying rules to update records for Cook County Records of Deeds Office; including land
records, deeds, mortgages, and other pertinent documents
• Worked with microfiche records and reviewed for accuracy and consistency.
Computer and Essential Skills
• Administrative Tools – Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Leadership, international relationship management, phone skills, ability to learn new applications quickly, and multilingual
• Knowledge of CPT & ICD-9 codes
• Certificate of Completion received for Healthcare Industry as related to the key concepts of physician billing.
June 2013 & Dec. 2013
Education and Technical Skills:
• Nicholas Senn High School Chicago, IL- Completed 1979
• Illinois School of Commerce - Computerized Accounting – Completed 1981
• Elgin Community College - Medical Billing I & II – Completed 2013