Khan L. Kabir
*** **** **** ****, **** Henrietta, New York 14586
Home Phone: 585-***-**** E-Mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Developed complete, automated tests, characterization and validation of human touch sensing technologies
like Projected Capacitance, Infra-Red/Optical, Surface Acoustic Waves and mixed signal devices. Managed
three test labs for human and material resources, generated and delivered test plans, tests and reports. Wrote
Labview software debugged and integrated with H/W, engineered processes and procedures for system
testing of human touch sensing devices, CCD and CMOS imaging devices. Conducted first silicon wafer
probing. Certified in Six Sigma Greenbelt. Coordinated and delivered results of black box tests for touch
sensing controllers, firmware upgrades and touch sensing screens.
Designed and delivered • Verification and Validation of • Trained in C / C++
Labview Software and GUIs human touch sensing technologies coding. Applied VBA/Macro,
debugged and integrated with • Reliability and Environmental pivot tables, formulas in
H/W. testing. Excel. Utilized ImageJ,
Implemented NI-PXI, • Developed NI-Camera Link and • Experienced in digitizers,
MXI, GPIB, DIO, Gigabit Ethernet Vision image scopes, DMMs and bench
DAQmx, USB-RS232, acquisition system. instrumentation for lab
Ethernet based applications.
• Coordinated Touch technologies En
Applied robotics to mimic and device characterization, quality gineered darkroom lab test
human finger touch and yield statistics. Performed techniques. Performed board
experience for touch screens accelerated reliability testing. level troubleshooting.
• Test plans, procedures & cost
Enhanced diced wafer effective equipment purchasing. • Delivered Product Quality
probing techniques. and Qualification reports.
Alstom, Hornell, NY Systems Test Engineer (Contract) 11/11/13-12/18/13
Systems Test Engineer responsible for systems test master plans development, detailed test procedures for
railroad commuter cars undergoing extensive overhaul, upgrade, refurbish or rebuild.
Develop, review and update existing test documents, procedures, plans to meet customer
requirements and specifications. Develop and review qualification and customer
acceptance tests that include electronic, electrical and mechanical systems in railroad cars.
ELO Touch Solutions, Rochester, NY Engineering Manager 11/2010-12/2012
Managed Touch Performance characterization and validation for various touch sensing technologies like
PCAP, SAW, APR, IR/Optical and Resistive. Coordinated artificial finger development for mimicking human
touch on touch sensing surfaces. System Test center development, upgrade and maintenance of human and
material resources. Oversaw budget center and costs management.
Engineering Manager-System Test Center 2010-2012
• Established a System Test Center lab to perform human touch sensing technologies performance novel
quantitative characterization, validation and analysis of various touch technologies like Projected
Capacitance, Surface Acoustic Waves, Infra-Red/Optical, Acoustic Pulse Recognition and Resistive.
• Applied robotics and methods to mimic human touch with artificial fingers for touch sensing screens.
Khan L. Kabir PAGE TWO
• Engineered silicone and polyurethane gel molding process and developed artificial fingers simulating
human touch. Performed validation and characterization of these artificial fingers on touch sensing
surfaces to quantitatively assess and modify designs that led to selecting standard artificial fingers
appropriate to each technology.
• Performed touch screens, monitors and computer product quality and qualification tests that quantified
performance that allowed assessment of targeted improvement of latest versions for productization.
• Specified Product Requirements Documents for touch characterization H/W and S/W. Published reports
of tests after rework of electronic touch sensing controller boards quantifying the improvements of
firmware and other upgrades applied
Xerox Corporation, Webster, NY Tech Specialist Project Manager 9/1984-4/2010
Conducted test and characterization development of CCD, prototype CMOS linear imager sensors in wafers,
and packaged devices under controlled illumination and reliability stress. Delivered performance tabulated
metrics, characterized yield, sorted data to engineering specifications and published reports..
Design/Development Engineer-Test Lab 2000-2010
• Reduced fully automated bare silicon wafer test time, with nearly a thousand devices, from over a day to
about two hours.
• Developed and engineered processes and procedures to carry out highly non-standard diced bare wafer
on film probing with automated step and repeat resulting in near 100% completion avoiding undesired
• Formulated modular Labview code to enhance code with remote command and control, integration and
debugging significantly easier to maintain and reduce undesirable downtime of capability by at least
• Significantly improved test throughput of devices by over 90% by revamping old test program into
Labview code and with new, cost effective hardware, reducing per device test to only 8 seconds from
• Designed and developed in 2 weeks a new set up with hardware and Labview code with motion control
to acquire GiGE vision camera images for output imager performance characterization for potential
replacement of prior technologies.
• Implemented a high speed Camera Link image acquisition test rig to acquire images from a linear
imagers for the production floor that improved customer satisfaction to increase product sales.
• Delivered a complete image acquisition GUI test package that significantly speed up fully automated
production floor device pass/fail qualification of linear imager boards.
• Restructured MTF tests of CCD imagers reducing time from 2-3 days to about 5-6 hours.
• Received cash and dinner awards for meeting customer deliverables and project objectives.
Community Service 1999-2010
• Editor and Publisher of monthly newsletter for a non-profit organization.
• Weekend school administration, computer & networking technical support, DIY repairs, forms design.
• Member, Board of Directors of non-profit org overseeing day to day operation of facilities.
MS and PhD in Electrical Engineering, University of Delaware, Newark, De, USA