585-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/mugdhaadeshmukkh
Rochester Institute of Technology Rochester, NY
MS in Networking and Systems Administration, GPA: 3.82 Expected August 2019 Savitribai Phule Pune University Pune, India
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication, First Class with Distinction. June 2016 EXPERIENCE
Vodafone Shared Services Pune, India (May 2017)
Technical Support Executive.
• Effectively communicated with third parties such as partners and customers regarding technical issues and customer service inquiries, both orally and in writing.
• Diagnosed and troubleshot LAN, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by customers and partners. Pinasimple IT Infrastructure Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Pune, India (November 2016 – May 2017) Network Support Engineer, Intern.
• Logged customer calls and facilitated technical support using documented procedures and available tools.
• Diagnosed and troubleshot LAN, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported by customers and partners.
• Collaborated with other support and NOC team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices.
• Read and analyzed packet captures using Wireshark. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Automating MPLS tunnels using Ansible and Cumulus Linux NetOS. Preliminary Stage Enterprise network using MP-BGP and MPLS-VPN. November 2018
• Implemented an enterprise network on Cisco 2811 router and Cisco catalyst switch 3550-E series using OSPF as interior routing protocol and BGP for inter-area routing and MPLS.
• Implemented MP-BGP in the core ISP network for implementation of MPLS L3 VPN, for two remote enterprise networks to connect securely over ISP network.
Release engineering architecture using Ansible and Zabbix for high availability of web environment. November 2018
• Implemented a highly available release engineering web architecture on RLES using Linux.
• Deployed an Ansible server for service provisioning and Zabbix server for monitoring the performance of the architecture. Creating a continuous integration environment using Jenkins and AWS. April 2018
• Implemented an environment to continuously integrate programs in the central repository, for automatic building and testing of the programs, using Linux Amazon instances and Jenkins Server. Load balancing using Amazon AWS EC2 instances. November 2017
• Implemented a highly available web architecture to load balance HTTP traffic between servers using Windows and Linux-Amazon EC2 instances and a classic load balancer.
• The traffic was distributed by using round-robin load balancing algorithm. Enterprise network: Design and implementation. June 2016 – Dec 2016
• Designed an enterprise network using GNS3 and Cisco Packet Tracer.
• Implemented the design using IPv4, IPv6, and dynamic multipoint virtual private network (DMVPN) on Cisco router 2811 and Cisco Catalyst switch 3550-E series.
• Secured the network using IP Security (IPSec).
Cisco Certified Networking Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA R&S) 434876835524ARYM TECHNICAL S K I LLS
Routing & Switching:
Layer 1: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet.
Layer 2: ARP, RARP, VTP, DTP, STP, RSTP, PVST+, VLAN, HSRP, VRRP, L2TP. Layer 3: IPv4, IPv6, ICMP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
Layer 4: TCP/IP suite, TCP, UDP, RTP.
Layer 7: DNS, HTTP, SMTP, FTP, Telnet, SNMP, SMPP, SSH. Others: Tunneling, Inter-VLAN routing, MPLS, NAT, PAT, TCP, DHCP, VPN and DMVPN (tunneling and configurations), IPV6 over IPv4 tunneling, GRE.
Security: Layer 2 security, DHCP security, DNS security, OSPF security, 802.1x. Tools: Wireshark, Nmap, Yersinia, Scapy, iPerf, GNS3, Cisco Packet Tracer, Putty. Software Skills: C, C++, Python.
Services: Amazon Web Services, RLES cloud (VMware), VMWare, Ansible, Docker. Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Kali Linux, CentOS, Macintosh. PART-TIME
Rochester Institute of Technology
1. Teaching Assistant for Introduction to Routing and Switching Rochester, USA (January 2019- Present)
• Assist students in labs based on wired network infrastructures, TCP/IP protocol suite, the Ethernet LAN protocol, routing and switching technologies in TCP/IP networks.
2. Teaching Assistant for Network Services Rochester, USA (August 2018 – December 2018)
• Assisted students in labs based on DNS and BIND on Linux, SSH, DHCP on Linux and Windows, VoIP, Virtualization, TCP/IP stack, and many other such network services.