A task, result oriented, experienced, reliable & committed Finance, Accounting & Management professional - seeking for a suitable placement in a reputed organization and available immediately.
• Possessing an overall experience of around 27 years in Finance & Accounting field of various businesses viz, Automobiles, Heavy equipment & its related spare parts, Construction, Governmental Transaction Services Outsourcing Franchise, sponsorships business setup & PRO services, Vehicle & equipment leasing, Investments in commercial establishments.
• Having vast experience and good exposure in Finance, Accounting, banking, Trade Finance, working capital arrangements, Foreign exchange, Insurance, Project financing, Accounts Finalization & Auditing, System Implementations.
• Can do the conceptualizing, designing and implementing of finance and accounting systems with necessary process & internal controls for the overall benefits and efficiency of the organization.
• Well experienced & proven ability in liaising and dealing with banks, financial institutions, auditors & other parties.
• Hands on experience in ERP Oracle Financials. Having reasonable knowledge in other modules like Oracle supply chain management, service module, HRMS. Working knowledge on FOCUS ERP & CRM.
• A person with positive attitude, disciplined approach, fully reliable and having good integrity, proven leadership skills & team play.
Key skills & strength areas:
Financial Planning & Management ERP : Oracle Financials
Financial & Budget Reporting
Trade Finance Resourceful & solutions
Collaborative Leadership & Teambuilding
Insurance Management Accounts Payable Accounts Receivable & Credit Control Analytical Approach & High
Good Communication &
Commercial Acumen & Attention to detail
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com major in Commerce & Accounting) University of Madras, Chennai, India Higher Secondary Certification (Pre-university certification) from DRBCC school Chennai, India October 2018 Page 2 of 4
VIJAYARAGAVAN.S (PAGE 2)
Work Experience in UAE
A) Recent : December 2015 to October 2018 (2 years & 10 months) Abu Dhabi Investment Gate, Abu Dhabi
Position: Financial Controller
This is a medium sized holding company of the group owned by Emirati national and make their investments in various diversified commercial business activities by identifying the right opportunities, conducting feasibility studies, acquire, manage those ventures with full influence and controls. Group has diversified & active investments in its fully owned subsidiaries involved in activities of outsourced Governmental transaction Services
(Tasheel MOHRE), business setup, sponsorships, corporate PRO services, Vehicle & Equipment leasing, Event Management and other specialized engineering field. Key Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the board of directors. Overseeing and managing the entire Financial & Accounting affairs of the group consisting of following key responsibilities with a team of around 10 staff.
• Entire management of financial planning, cashflows, working capital arrangements from various banks & financial institutions.
• Financial & Management reporting including audit finalization, yearly budgeting & periodic variance analysis reports.
• Liaising with Bankers, financial institutions, external auditors and other necessary parties
• Device strategies for reforming the existing process, creating/changing financial policies, procedures and implementing the same.
• Ensure the compliance relating to UAE VAT formalities including return filing, payments.
• Provided notable support & suggestions to the management on their business decisions.
• Other tasks, responsibilities as and when entrusted by the management. B) Preceding Employment in UAE: Dec 1999 to Sep 2015 (16+ years) M/s. United Motors & Heavy Equipment Co. LLC, Dubai
(Darwish Bin Ahmed & Sons Co. LLC, Abu Dhabi.)
This entity, part of the reputed Darwish Bin Ahmed & Sons Group, is engaged in the marketing and distribution of MAN Trucks, Buses, Marine Engines, Spares & Services, Construction & Industrial Equipment & Parts, Tyres, Hydraulic Spares, etc. It also has global presence through its subsidiaries engaged in diversified business. Aug 2011 to Nov 2015: Deputy Financial Controller –Corporate May 2005 to Jul 2011: Senior Accountant
Jan 2000 to Apr 2005: Accountant
Complete handling & managing of Finalization of standalone Financial Statements and Audit certifications, together with respective consolidation of subsidiaries in accordance with the IFRS & relevant accounting standards.
Ensuring timely, fair & accurate presentation of Financial & MIS reports, managed with a team of staff in Finance & Accounts.
October 2018 Page 3 of 4
VIJAYARAGAVAN.S (PAGE 3)
Forex: Regular monitoring of the currency markets & events and hedge the foreign exchange requirements on spot & forward basis at the most appropriate time with seniors & management guidance.
Manage the entire trade finance needs of the company includes import letter of credits, export letter of credits, bank guarantees and import/export collection documents, etc. Review of the import/export DC terms to ensure the interests of the company is taken care properly. Negotiate with bankers and arrange the adequate facilities in advance with competitive pricing.
Financial Management: Plan and manage the long, short-term fund requirements through cash flow forecasts. Centralized pooling and control of the funds from various business units to ensure optimum utilization, timely availability and minimal borrowing cost. Liaising and negotiating with banks & financial institutions to raise funded and non-funded based facilities on competitive terms.
Management of entire accounts payables & also accounts receivables process including, customer credit control mechanism.
Review all types of insurable risks associated with the company’s business and arrange for the necessary and adequate insurance covers viz, property, marine, Motor, fidelity, etc.,
Coordinating with all concerned business unit managers to review the processes from time to time and implement proper re-engineered or change process in order have to better controls.
Provide able and needed support to all the business divisions to ensure safeguarding company’s interest in respect of financial & commercial aspect of their divisions’ routine & new business.
Major Project Management: Supported the business division in all their major tendering and contract commercial terms. Also managed the end to end financing & accounting aspects of the awarded projects.
Preparing budgets and its variance analysis, report the same to management.
Device strategies for reforming the existing process, creating/changing financial policies, procedures and implementing same in accordance with the guidance of seniors & requirements of management. Major Accomplishments & Contributions
Development of Financial systems: Contributed majorly in designing and implementation of Cash flow forecasts, MIS, Budgets, financial planning and other tools. Major projects: Successfully handled the financial and commercial aspects of (both import and sales) of two large sized Supply & Maintenance contracts for 800 + MAN buses valued at several millions in AED with the guidance of Financial Controller. Supported in the formulation & execution of a unique Revolving Reinstatement Letter of credit which helped achieve substantial savings in LC charges and minimize the credit lines. Also managed some major valued Projects awarded from UAE Military for supply of MAN Trucks & other equipment. Revenue Model: Reasonably contributed in conceptualized and developed a distinct revenue accounting model complying with IFRS for two long term fixed price 5 year contracts for the service and maintenance of 800 buses. Systems:
Oracle EBS: Played an active role in reviewing the business processes, controls and system set up of various BUs during the implementation of Oracle Financials 11.03 in 1999 and migration to 11 i in 2007 & to R12 in 2011.
FOCUS ERP & CRM: Played a lead role from Finance in reviewing the current & future business processes, required internal controls & system setup for ERP, CRM during its successful implementation. October 2018 Page 4 of 4
VIJAYARAGAVAN.S (PAGE 4)
Other systems: Supported the line manager in the conceptualization, designing and implementation of
• Vehicle Service & Maintenance System in respect of service & maintenance contracts involving large fleet of buses.
• Interbank fund transfer system.
• Insurance management system
Past Employment History
Work Experience in India
Jan 1998 to Dec 1999:
Position: Junior Project Accountant (Executive - Accountant) M/s. Afcons Infrastructure Ltd., Jamnagar. Project name: Reliance Petroleum Ltd., Jamnagar, Gujarat. Responsibilities includes
• Manage the project accounts department, Banking, cashflows, trade payables, Financial reports of projects, reporting to head office, monthly revenue project billings to clients and other followups with clients.
• Worked in Foxpro based accounting software system. Sep 1994 to Dec 1997:
Position: Accountant at M/s. Essar Projects Ltd., Gujarat. (Const. of Narmada Main Canal for SS Dam) Reported to the DGM - Finance & Chief Project Accountant while handling the following areas.
• Worked in Foxpro based accounting & payroll software systems
• Handled the Supplier Invoice accounting & payment processing, customer collection coordination, Petty cash, banking activities, payroll processing responsibility, TDS & Sales tax related matters Jan 1993 to Aug 1994:
Accounts-cum-Office assistant in Roshan steel trading company in Chennai. Handled day to day petty cash disbursements, bank transactions, supplier material receipts, timely dispatch of materials to clients and related collections follow-up, maintain books of accounts & prepare monthly & annual financial & management reports.
July 1991 to Dec 1992:
Accounts assistant in a tax consulting firm in Chennai. Work profile: Maintain income tax files of clients, liaise with Income tax office for filing returns, tax payments, personal insurance of clients, etc., book keeping of accounts & day to day transactions, petty cash disbursements
& bank activities such as deposits/withdrawals.
Personal details & information
Date of Birth: 08-Dec-1972 Passport Number: S6658584 Nationality: Indian Marital Status: Married Languages: English, Hindi & Tamil UAE Driving License: Yes